The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6 released

Did you apply the patch, if not do so,

If the problem remains, select in the lower left corner the year 2000, than again MTI. Do you get any more such messages?

Hi,

What patch are you talking about?

I have the same problem with the error: cant read MyAirportsshorts.dat file.

Please advice

Hi,

What patch are you talking about?

I have the same problem with the error: cant read MyAirportsshorts.dat file.

Please advice

Hi hella737,

The patch can be found at:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/79200-collecting-items-for-a-patch-to-mytraffic-60/page-2

Maybe Burkhard could create a sticky Topic: "Updates and Patches" and place these items there AND a post advising all users that the patch is available, for those who do not read all the posts.

Regards

Ged

Hello,

I'm wondering with the release of MTX 6, has historical traffic been improved any? I got 5.4c last year because I like to fly in different periods, and this is the only program that allows me to easily go from modern traffic to flying in, say, 1975 where my Pan American 747 fits. Sometimes, though, I would run into empty airports or aircraft parked in overflow with most of the gates empty. I remember one occasion I was at Frankfurt Main in 1977 and there was just 1 Hapag-Lloyd 727 and a Lufthansa 737 on the tarmac with me. This with the traffic slider at 100%. I even used the tool in communicator to hunt down and remove any outdated AI plans. With modern traffic even at 35% I am having a heck of a time finding room in the landing pattern for Frankfurt.

Thanks for any info.

Edited by Swordsman422

Not long ago the number of airlines was a little percentage of today, MyTraffic tries to model this assuming a 3.5% rise of number of flights per year, a number I found in literature.

Airports also were so much smaller, that 2 or 3 planes could fill them. That is of course a limitation to this concept - as long as there is no historical airport the few aircraft from that time look lost on an airport built for 20 x the number of aircraft.

If there is a wish, I could change this 3.5% to 2.5%, more than doubling the number of flight from earlier times.

All this is unchanged from version 5.4 - if there is interest in the historical topic and a group of people come together to create more paints this can be expanded - up to now reality is that there is much more demand to keep on track with current changes, so I cannot do more there without help.

Burk,

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps the option could be better left to the player using the traffic sliders? Generate the same amount of traffic for historical periods as current, and if the player wants realistic traffic levels, then he can use the default sliders. If he just wants to see the historical aircraft, then he can leave it alone unless and until someone decides to create a series of historical airport sceneries that cover the gap between Califonia Classic's late 50's/early 60's airports and now.

Regardless, this is still by far my favorite program for AI traffic.

Excellent coverage. Light on FPS (compared to other products). 5 stars for convenience. Installation for P3D v3 can tricky though. I don't know any other AI package that covers so many airlines and new airports. However, models are bad. Night lighting of aircraft is very very bad. Forget about editing the flight plans, and aircraft models. The editor is very difficult to understand. If you don't want to bother too much about AI, this is a great, simple add on.