The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6 released

Hi Pete, for my normal FSX system, to find this file, I went into SDK>environment kit>Traffic Toolbox SDK> and in here is the TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe. I copied this into, in my case, C;\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic and now my communicator finds the TrafficDatabaseBuilder by noting TrafficDatabaseBuilder found. It was important to update the SDK before transferring this file. Hope this helps you.

Regards

Ged

Thanks Ged - I will give this a shot when I get back from work tonight.

Cheers,

Pete

Confusing installation guide, great product. Now it's installed in FSX and P3D 2.5 and working fine.

Thanks Burkhard. :)

Hi Pete, for my normal FSX system, to find this file, I went into SDK>environment kit>Traffic Toolbox SDK> and in here is the TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe. I copied this into, in my case, C;\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic and now my communicator finds the TrafficDatabaseBuilder by noting TrafficDatabaseBuilder found. It was important to update the SDK before transferring this file. Hope this helps you.

Regards

Ged

Thanks Ged! This worked.

Thanks Ged! This worked.

Great news Pete. An amazingly good traffic program.

Burkhard's knowledge of AI traffic makes this program get better and better.

I recently got "Super Traffic Board" to enhance Mytraffic's use, as this shows you all traffic in and out of the airport in use.

I can see an opening for a third program to better edit the airport parking positions per Airline/Tail No/Aircraft type, etc, as this tends to be a bit loose. Burkhard said, this is problematic due to different sceneries, AI engines and FSX(in  my case).  

Ok My traffic x 6 is installed I installed per the instructions and Iam not seeing any traffic , I was having problems with My traffic x 5c  and upgraded to the newer version  "6" , is there a troubleshooting guide   so that I can follow ???. I uinstalled 5c in favor of this newer version   hoping that I could see traffic but the same results as my previous install off MTX 5c .. That was working before I decided to install  another add-on called airport GSX , after that and going threw your older post and running re-nounce and checking all files, CFG,dll & scenery cfg , still no traffic , I un-installed 5c in favor of mtx6 and the same result   I just would like to enjoy a good product again .... Update @ 23:38  04/30/15 .. I am seeing GA Traffic but no Comercial traffic Ill re-read the fourms and see if I can get a  soulution 

metalrockerlion 

Edited by metalrockerlion

If you install an addon and FSX AI traffic goes or gets damaged, then this addon contains AI traffoc schedules in FS8/ttools format, which you simply should delete. The Communicator helps you to find candiates for such files.

This is the same problem iam having   please  help 

Mr Burkhard. I have installed My Traffic 6 following the steps outlined but I only see a very small amount of what looks like GA traffic. After trail and error I went ahead an uninstalled 5.4c and uninstalled and re-installed my SDK just to see if it would make a difference and it did not.

What steps could I be missing? Is there something that is supposed to be done with the Flight Plan editor that is not in the installation instructions?

Just for reference here is my FSX.cfg configuration. Thanks!

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

Csavage

How would I remove these FS8 traffic ttools format  using the comunicator?    reading this :

I think all is well installed, but I see no AI traffic, the airports are all empty - what is going on?
Unfortunatly this happens from time to time and needs a bit of action to find the reason. The good news for you is that we could cure all of these cases up to now. If you are sure about the FSX.cfg entry ( check in the Communicator ) and the scenery library, and if MyTraffic\scenery contains the large traffic bgls at the end of the installation, then it is extremely likely that you have an AI schedule file in FS8/ttools format installed somewhere. Either in scenery\world\scenery, or together with an addon airport. These files typically have names traf*.bgl or trf*.bgl, locate them, delete them, and you will see MyTraffic working.
A tool to help you finding these can be started from the MyTraffic Communicator directly, under “Manage FSX settings” please select “Search for traffic bgl files”. This process may run for a few minutes, depending on the size of your FSX installation, and will end with display of a text file containing file names. These may, but must not be traffic schedules. While you should keep the MyTraffic files, others may be the culprits and need to be deleted. In case of doubt, contact the author of these files or the MyTraffic support forum

If you install an addon and FSX AI traffic goes or gets damaged, then this addon contains AI traffoc schedules in FS8/ttools format, which you simply should delete. The Communicator helps you to find candiates for such files.

List of AI traffic schedules

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\trafficBoats.bgl.......... This is the file that was found should I delete this ? I used the communicator per the instructions shall I delete this file ?

Well well .. I figured out the problem  when I looked at the path in scenery It added a  few foward slashes and well iam seeing all kinds of airline traffic now   .. Thanks   05/03/15 updated . this is much a very enjoyable product    .. I hate to read  but when I do things work !! Thanks 

I got the following message when I try to start MyTraffic Interactive: "Failed to read MyAirportsshort.dat"

When I click Ok, MyTraffic Interactive starts.

Anybody have any ide why I got this message, I'am using P3D v.2.5

Is there a file MyAirportsshort.dat in the Folder MyTraffic\MTI? If not, I can build and upload one.

Did you apply the patch, if not do so,

If the problem remains, select in the lower left corner the year 2000, than again MTI. Do you get any more such messages?

I found the patch and installed it like it was described but it did'nt work. Can you explane again step by step how I shall do this: "If the problem remains, select in the lower left corner the year 2000, than again MTI"

I have try this also. But I think i'm doing something wrong. Soo if you could explane it in more detail it would be nice  :cool: 

MyTraffic Interactive has an option to select aircraft from different years, which just means to read MyAircraft.dat from either the MT_Plans\Year folder, or from the MTI folder. This you can select in the lower left corner of MTI.

My suspicion is that for some reason your install of MTI does not read from "home", but from somewhere else, with the above operation this should be fixed and from now on it should read from its own folder. Does this work?

Here is how it looks on my pc: c:\My traffic Professional\My traffic\MT_Plans - Non of the years-folders have the MyAirportsshort.dat-fil. The MyAircraft.dat-fil is located in every years-folder. Outside the years folders is also a fil called                                                                    MyAirports.dat

c:\My traffic Professional\My traffic\MTI - In this location the MyAirportsshort.dat - fil is present and also MyAirports.dat, MyAircrafts.dat etc.

I have tried to select year 2000 in the lower left corner and restarted the MTI. but I got the same error message.

.........here is how the 3 first lines looks like:

00C ,37.203177810,-107.869194299,2037.0,14.0
00CL,38.638237081,-121.515233964,6.0,10.0
00R ,30.685861185,-95.017927587,45.0,0.0

That looks perfectly correct, this file tells MTI where the Airports are, so that it can find the nearest airport to your current position.

What are the language Settings of your operating System, what is the decimal separator?

Ah, that might be the reason, all SDK tools require the "." (point) to be the decimal seperator there never were local versions of the SDK. Just change it and check if that is the reason.