The simFlight Network Forums
antney

No Traffic AI in P3D V2,5

Not sure what I did wrong but followed the instructions....

Installed My Traffic X (C:\MyTraffic Professional\My Traffic)

Loaded up My Traffic Communicator

I configured My Traffic/Local Traffic to the location I installed My Traffic X, above, and pressed OK

I then went to manage Prepar3DV2 and went to the bottom line only "Manage Simobject.cfg"

The next screen pops up and I select add my traffic and loaded the next available entry as the following....

[Entry.9]
Path="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
I press save and close

I then turn on P3D, go to World, Scenery Library and add My Traffic to the scenery and lower the priority to be above Prop and below add on scenery.

From this point when reading the instructions I should have traffic, I dont.

In the communicator do I need to fill in the top center red box where its asking for Traffic Data Basebuilder?  I dont plan on editing any schedules?

I then tried going into My Traffic Flight Plan Editor

I loaded the data base MTX_V60.myt and comes up with a bunch of numbers for airports, airlines, etc.  What do I do next?

I then tried going to the create tab "create all files and traffic", when this screen pops up I kept the default numbers for airlines, GA, Cargo and Miltary and just pressed Go On!

Note comes up that this might take up to 5 minutes and then finishes.

I load up P3D and I see no AI traffic at all.

What did I do wrongor what part am I missing.  Thanks.

One note when I right click properties on the My Traffic Folder these are the numbers it shows...

30,092 Files, 6,226 Folders
8.76 GB (9,413,898,240 bytes)

At the point "From this point when reading the instructions I should have traffic, I dont." you better stopped. Yes you should have traffic now. Whatever you did from than on just makes debugging difficult to impossible. Especially usage of the Flight Plan Editor at this point, without detaiuled working through its manual, makes no sense, and cannot help, since if you have no traffic it must be a very basic reason.

Not to see any traffic has, in 99,9% of all cases, one of the four reasons:

a ) The simobjects have not been added properly, but this looks fine.

b ) The scenery has not been added, but it looks you did so

c) Traffic density slider is at 0 - some addons make such a setting, including most online flyers

d) Traffic schedules in FS8 format have been installed, switching off FSX/P3D own AI traffic, forcing only emulation of FS8. The communicator can help you to identify such files.  

I tried the above options, a through c with no luck, I also tried re installing the program, still see no AI.  How do I go about option D?  Also I did have UT2 installed prior, I uninstalled it prior to installing, is there maybe a lingering file that needs to be changed causing this to not load AI Traffic?

From the Communicator, start the function "search for traffic bgl files" for your simular, and post the resulting file that opens after a minute or so here.

UT2 sets the Traffic Density to 0 - did you set it back to more than 0?

Sorry for the delay, here are the results.

List of AI traffic schedules

C:\Prepar3D v2\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficBoats.bgl
C:\Prepar3D v2\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficCarriers.bgl

I set in  P3D to have traffic for commercial and GA.

I then went to manage Prepar3DV2 and went to the bottom line only "Manage Simobject.cfg"

The next screen pops up and I select add my traffic and loaded the next available entry as the following....

[Entry.9]
Path="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
I press save and close

I deleted the quotation marks in Path="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" and it worked for me.

also when I go to My Communicator on the main page its still showing me Guided Configuration two last steps, but I have done this.  Does this screen always come up with this?  Maybe its not saving?

I deleted the quotation marks in Path="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft" and it worked for me.

I tried that and it did not work.

figured it out....

In my scenery library the path was just C:/my traffic professional, I didnt list My Aircraft.

Sorry user error!

Fine you found it. Yes the communicator does not change the background screen once things are done, there I still have to find a solution, so in the moment you can ignore that message, or delete MyTraffic\offline.htm and rename MyTraffic\offline1.htm to offline.htm.