The simFlight Network Forums
cthiggin

TrafficDataBasebuilder not yet copied!

Hello fellow users,

Been a user "forever" and really enjoy the program and support.

P3D v2.5

MyTrafficProfessional 6.0

Went through the steps in manual and all seemed well..........and it does "appear" that I have traffic at airports (just checked a couple) BUT, in the MT Configurator, it shows RED that

TrafficDatabasebuilder not yet copied...............

The path IS correct and program IS outside of P3D folder.  The simobjects.cfg entry is correct.

Under "Manage Prepar3D V2 tab, I have selected to "Search for Traffic.bgls" and the dos window comes back show only entries in the P3D folder.

What do I need to do to correct this and be on my way???

Thanks much,

Tom

Press on What does this mean attached to it.:)

Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe is a tool that comes with the SDK of FSX Professional/Gold or P3D, but not with FSX Standard Edition or FSX Steam Edition. It is needed, if you want to change schedules, either through the Editor or through the different simulated years, if you just use MyTraffic as it is it isn't needed.  If you want to perform this Task, you have to copy Trafficdatabasebuilder.exe from the SDK to the MyTraffic Folder - unfortunately due to Copyright and a clarification by Microsoft law department we are not allowed to install this for you.

Hi Burkhard

I am just lost!!  5.4 worked perfectly in my P3D 2.5 installation.

I purchased MT 6.0 over the weekend and installed it (after removing 5.4).  I show no movement by AI A/C at any airport.

I have attached the simobject.cfg file, scenery.cfg, prepar3d.cfg as well as screenshots.  Sometimes when I run P3D no AI A/C are shown, sometimes many AI A/C are shown at the terminals but no A/C ever moves.  An overhead screenshot attached shows many AI A/C at KPHX but none of them ever move even though I have waited 30 minutes for an A/C to move.

In the communicator I used "Select Schedules", Spring 2015, three batch files ran and completed.

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for any help.

John

ScreenShot007.png

ScreenShot006.png

simobjects.cfg.txt

Prepar3D.cfg.txt

scenery.cfg.txt

post-14641-0-50767300-1428940263_thumb.p

post-14641-0-72498500-1428940344_thumb.p

simobjects.cfg.txt

Prepar3D.cfg.txt

scenery.cfg.txt

Burkhard,

From my beginning thread:

I understand to use the SDK and put the "Trafficdatabasebuilder" into "MyTraffic" folder.  Do I NEED to manually start that program / or / does MyTraffic do that automatically????

Thanks so much,

Tom

Your screen shot indicates MyTraffic is working. Since you have ground animation enabled, all those service trucks, it will take about 10-20 minutes until the aircraft are ready to push back, Disable the ground AI and this will be quicker.

Hi Burkhard, I have a similar problem as above with traffic showing but it does not move. The airport in question is my home airport in Canada CYTR Trenton. This is military airport. I can see all kinds of different aircraft but they just sit there like static aircraft. I can go to Toronto and all the aircraft there move as soon as the Sim starts. I am using P3D ver 2.5. Is there any reason why this is happening at this airport. The parking spots are all connected to the taxiway lines. Thank for you help

Nelson

It is not possible to program static aircraft using the AI mechansm, so these aircraft will move after a while - but while FS8/9 traffic immediately explodes after Startup, the traffic machinery in FSX/P3D is made to start slow, much more like in real life where even busy airports have longer periods of rest.

The sliders for AI traffic have a big influence on what happens, among them the ground vehicles. One of these is the fuel truck. Many airfields have several fuel trucks, which drive to the aircraft and fuel them. If you now reduce These sliders, you may be feft with one truck, which may have to travel a Long disatnce to the other end of the Airport - so better set it to 0 if you are not so Patient... 

Another thing that may happen with high traffic densities, if all parkings are used, FSX/P3D tend to place those planes that depart later, again making the first 20 minutes very quiet, so Experiment with the sliders to get the experience that you want to have. 

If you have the traffic Toolbox installed, the traffic explorer can tell you wehn you can expect the aircraft to start the departure process.