The simFlight Network Forums
Big_Duke

Syncing Callsigns

Burkhardt:

I'm running the new MTX 6.0 and just loving it. Everything is working fine and traffic is amazing at the 50% setting. The only thing I noticed is the default FSX ATC is not picking up on some airline callsigns - I get the numerical flight identifier, but not the airline callsign. All the major airlines appear to work fine; just seems like some of the smaller, regional airlines are missing their callsign. I know it's often difficult to keep up with all the changes occurring with the smaller carriers and subsidiaries, especially the regional feeder airlines. There's also an occasional issue with spacing in the callsign, for example FEDEX versus FED EX. I'm running the new EditVoicepackXL (v.5) and read that MTX modifications are now included in EditVoicepack. So is there something special I need to do to point MTX to the EVP installation or vice versa, so they are aware of each other? I couldn't find a specific menu option in either program for reconciling callsigns. Older versions of EVP used to have a tool to check for missing callsigns, but it was dropped from the latest version. Lars from EVP indicated he might put it back in later, but I'm looking for a quick and dirty way to get the correct callsigns without having to dig through each and every aircraft.cfg file, one by one. Any ideas on an easy solution? Thanks in advance!

The new Editvoicepack XL allows to add the MyTraffic callsigns, don't have it at Hand but it is something like third party supplied.

If you still find some missing call signs of airliners, not GA, please tell us, we then have to create and add them,

Thank you for your reply. I went back and looked at the EVP developer documentation which covers their developer API, but the discussion quickly went technical beyond my understanding of coding and software development. I didn't see any reference to a third-party supplied tool, but I may have missed it. I'll keep any eye open for specific airline flights missing their callsign, but it's sometimes difficult to identify them at a large airport with lots of traffic; perhaps I'll try at smaller regional airports with only a few airlines/flights. Thanks again - I'm really enjoying MTX 6.0.

ICE AIR is one of them.

I installed EDITVOICEPACK XL as well. When using the callsign with one of my planes it works.

But the AI traffic of ICE AIR aren't recognized by ATC, just calling their flightnumber.