The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SirPres

Slow to generate schedules

Burkhard, I've ran into a problem with MT6.  I've started "Create > Schedules, Files and Traffic" last night before I went to bed.  It's now been over 13 hours and it's only gotten as far as "Progress of Random Schedules".  It's only at 8 bars into Loop #1 out of 50.  It's never taken this long with previous versions.  Am I doing something wrong?  Also, is this the only way to get "My Planes", "My Series" and "My Airlines" files?  I do not have any so far with this version. 

No this isn't normal, what changes did you make? Looks like some aircraft create eternal loops, like an aircraft that has no suitable destination within reach or so, sometimes very strange lofical problems show up.

I had this a few years ago, there making an autoschedule and then 5 or 6 prefered ones and then the randoms, with saving in between, next version the effect weas gone again.

The file MySeries, MyTypes and MyPlanes are created from Export aircraft.

Thanks for the reply.  I only change I made was using the "dump airports" option in the Traffic Toolbox.  I will reinstall MT6 to restore the original Airports.txt and try again.  Maybe an addon airport is causing the problem.

You do not need to reinstall MyTraffic, Just use the Communicator to set back to the 2015 schedules and use those, why do you want to create new ones?

If you want to program yourself, always do it on a copy of MTX_V60.myt, and keep the original data base untouched. Then you always have a way back.

Severe background: If you install a software and uninstall it again, the state of your system is not the one it was before. Install and uninstall half a dozen of professional systems a dozen time, and Windows will produce nothing but random errors. 

Understood about the uninstall and reinstall.  I don't really create all new schedules.  I like to add a few different GA types to what's already there.