The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wlix261

Load FSC but Can't see where is running (solved)

Hi

Having used FS-Commander without issues for quite awhile, something happened that I have not been able to fix.

(1) I had FSC running in a window such that if the FsInn app from Vatsim (or any other one app) popped in It always showed on top of the FS-Commader screen.

Something changed today and the FSC window started to take the front and I could not see the other little windows from the other apps unless I take the FSC window away which of course I don't want to do. Also,

(2) Because of that I decided so set FSC to run as admin to see if this fixed the problem. After i did that, I stopped see the window where FSC is running. I see it running as a process in the W7 task manager but ... I still can't see the window itself.

I would appreciate ideas on how to fix this

regards

Alvaro Escorcia

Win7-64, FSX, FSC Rev9.5 Rev2

Hi Alvaro,

In the manual, read the chapter Always on Top.
Open this Announcement...

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71602-important-information-on-registration-installation-and-use-of-fscommander/

... and read this documentation...

http://forum.simflight.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=100780

Regards,

Volker

Volker

Thank you for the info.

I installed last night the upgrade to the current version 9.6 rev1 hoping this fixed my problem, with no luck.

My problem now is that I can not see FSC running, although I think is running because I see a "process" running in the Windows-7 task-manager but ... I still can't see the FSC itself in neither of my 2 monitors. This is probably beyond the window on top.

I would very much appreciate some help before I try to uninstall and re-install everything in FSC. I would not like loosing the setup I had and also loosing way-points I had created.

By the way, I always make an effort to read instructions and the forum but this time I am at a loss

Thanks for your understanding

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

Hi Alvaro,

Open the /FSC folder, then open the folder /Tool.
You find the following program FSC.EXE.

Right mouseclick and choose "Run as Administrator".

Follow the information.

Regards,

Volker

Hi Volker

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I have run FSc as admin, just as you indicated, but I still have the same problem. I can not see the FSC window running.... the only thing I see about FSC running is in the windows task manager; I see under processes Fsc.exe *32 and that's all. I don't even see it under applications running.

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

Volker,

You are correct - I had missed one character in the e-mail address.

I fixed this, re-sent and I hope you have received it now.

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia.

Volker,

I started the process to fix this as per your instructions by email.

I ran uninstall from windows control panel, but that did not remove FSC. It's still in the E\ directory and if I run it it still runs (bad) as before

Can you recommend a process to uninstall and cleanup all remains of FSC in Windows 7 before I proceed to install from scratch?

regards

Alvaro Escorcia

Hi Alvaro,

Your description already shows very clearly your problem.

Nevertheless follow the points 1,3,4,5,6 described in my e-mail .

If the following message appears during the installation ...

... Installer Say's My Product Is Already Installed!!

...follow these instructions:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/16315-installer-says-my-product-is-already-installed/

Regards,

Volker

Thank you very much Volker; I really appreciate your dedication to fix my issue!.

Your solution worked!

I have 1 question, in what file or directory will I find quite a few VFR Waypoints I had uploaded into FS Commander and also other that I entered by hand?

I should have them because I saved everything I had in the FSC directory before I blanked it out.

Regards

Alvaro Escorcia

Hi Alvaro,

This result I expected.

Copy the following files from the backup to the appropriate folder of the new installation:

\fsccolor.ini
\fsc.ini

\User\Blackbox

User\Logbook.fsc
User\aircraft.fsc
User\BuddyIvao.fsc
User\BuddyVatsim.fsc

\Flightplan\FSC

\Database\UserWP.txt

\Database\UserObj.txt

Regards,

Volker

Volker,

Once again thank you for your responses.

I have done that and I am happy to report that my FS Commander installation is running 100% as expected with all of my content restored.

Best regards

Alvaro Escorcia.