The simFlight Network Forums
gfd

Mytraffic Live

It seems MyTraffic Live is no longer available on SimMarket. Anybody got a link?

Thanks

No, it is not available in the moment, if we decide to continue it we have to upgrade it to support MyTraffic 6.

I have a subscription. Is there a workaround or do I have to use Spring 2015 schedules when I install v6?

Thanks

As long as you have a subscription it will work, but will still show the old paints of Finnair and American as example. If your subscriptions runs out and there is no FS Live Traffic, then the Spring 2015 schedules are the best choice.

When we bring it out again, then it will require MyTraffic 6 to be installed - with MyTraffic 5 it will not show those aircraft at all that have got new paints. 

To be honest, it is an absolute niche product, used by less than 1% of all MyTraffic users, is a lot of work, and I hear a lot of dissatification with this product here, maybe it creates users dreams thast are support nightmares :)

I have a subscription. Is there a workaround or do I have to use Spring 2015 schedules when I install v6?

Thanks

I'm using it with my subscription without any issues that I notice anyway.

The live downloads was/is a key selling point for me.

As long as you have a subscription it will work, but will still show the old paints of Finnair and American as example. If your subscriptions runs out and there is no FS Live Traffic, then the Spring 2015 schedules are the best choice.

When we bring it out again, then it will require MyTraffic 6 to be installed - with MyTraffic 5 it will not show those aircraft at all that have got new paints. 

To be honest, it is an absolute niche product, used by less than 1% of all MyTraffic users, is a lot of work, and I hear a lot of dissatification with this product here, maybe it creates users dreams thast are support nightmares :)

I'm using it with my subscription without any issues that I notice anyway.

The live downloads was/is a key selling point for me.

Thanks Dave, I agree. I guess I'm part of the less than 1%. I am happy to have schedules that approximate real world movements. I suppose that users who expect to see their favourite flight from their favourite airport, would be disappointed if it didn't show up. That may be a source of the dissatisfaction. I have never had any problem downloading or selecting the live schedules.

Too bad if it gets dumped. But I can understand Burkhard would want to make some profit from the endeavour.

I have MyTraffic 6. I'm just waiting to uninstall 5 and setup 6. Sure hope you keep Live. Perhaps if more customers understood the product, they'd buy it. Maybe time for a sales campaign...eh?  :)

I am also 1% of Live. For me it is the most important feature of MyTraffic and why I have chosen over other products.

I have a question, when the MyTraffic Live downloaded and unzip the .zip file, then I choose the Live calendar?

It is a silly question but I just want to be sure you are doing the right thing.

The unzip places a traffic bgl created a few minutes ago. You should have your simulated time the actual time or a little bit later for maximal realism - is that what you asked?

This means I only have to download and unzip.
Without having to then go to calendars and choose "My Traffic Live"?

Sorry for my bad English. It is not my native language. :???:

This means I only have to download and unzip.

Without having to then go to calendars and choose "My Traffic Live"?

Sorry for my bad English. It is not my native language. :???:

You should not have to unzip anything.

When the download is complete a DOS window should open asking you if you want to overwrite the file.

You just have to hit enter as a "Yes" is the default answer.

You then go to communicator under Select Schedules and choose My Traffic Live.

You will then see the new schedule being compiled in the DOS window.

When the DOS window closes you are good to go.

If the DOS window does not perform as descibed, it might be a question of insufficient user rights.