The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Hello all,

I want to start off by saying this product is awesome! I have encountered one issue and it may be a simple fix. I recently experienced an aircraft landing and taking off on opposite ends of the same runway. Does anyone happen to have a fix for this?

Thanks!

I have never seen this. Was this a once instant, or did it happen frequently? Was it on an addon airport, or on a stock or MyTraffic supplied airport? Do you have real wheather enabled, so that a wind switch might have caused this?

So we really do need a lot of Information about what happened exactly.

I've had something similar a few times, Burkhard, when AI aircraft are already programmed to land on one runway (say 05L) and then the "active runway" is changed to the reciprocal (say 23R) by updated weather or similar, without refreshing AI... The approaching AI will still land on the originally assigned runway, which isn't recognised by the FS ATC and it clears aircraft to take off and land on the reciprocal heading simultaneously!

It's a "refresh the AI" fix, or just wait for it to sort itself out, but yes, it is a known bug with FSX ATC.

Ian P.

Ah, I misunderstood, so there are AI aircraft opposing the users aircraft, I understood AI aircraft using the same runway from both sides. Yes, that is a known feature of FSX.

The best way is to use EditVoicePack, this contains all MyTraffic Callsigns as "Third party supplied".