The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oldJ3pilot

Switch from Ult. Traffic 2 to My Traffic 6...Update

I bit the bullet a few days ago, set Ult traffic 2 sliders to 0, and installed My Traffic 6 Professional. After four days I must rate MT6 as A+ software. It was easy to install, and I found the instructions to be clear. The traffic is very nice at all the airports tested.I never tried to set scedules for AI before but it is a bit of fun with MT6 and even I could do it first try.

There are still a few features that are not unclear (use of TrafficX or UT2 schedules for example). UT 2 is still on my PC so does that mean that parts of it can be used with MT 6?

In the meantime, it is nice to see some new "faces" on the ramp and no noticeable drop in framerates. I feel almost guilty for getting such a nice package for only $20

Best Regards

Neal H.

Sorry for the large fonts but I can barely see the size 14.

So I answer in big.

If you seelect the UT2 schedules, These contains many hundred of (most smaller) Airlines that miss in UT2, so you can mix UT2 and MT6 to get LH or Delta etc from UT2 and Ryanair and many others from here.

Burkhard, could you just clarify a bit more the UT2 schedule option. I have MT6 2015 schedule already operating can I then add additional schedules by choosing UT2, ending up with a much larger schedule database? Or does it replace rather than add to.

You mention Ryanair and fro what you say above I am reading that this airlines schedule can be got from UT2 but it already exists in MT6. I do not have UT2 installed so this is where I am getting confused regarding this UT2 schedule option and how it works. I am assuming the UT2 schedule works within MT6 and not alongside UT2 if you have UT2 installed as well.

Thanks

The UT2 schedules are a part of the MyTraffic schedules, which contain all those airlines which are not available in UT2. If you select these instead of the standard schedules, you will not see most of the larger airlines, and the Airports will have lots of free space. If you now turn up the knob of UT2, you can get those airlines from UT2, using their mechanism, while MyTraffic provides you with all those small airlines.