The simFlight Network Forums
Carl Kendrick

MYT Professional 6.0 - AI Issue

Hi All,

I recently purchased MyTraffic Professional 6.0 and carried out the installation as per the guide, I have found that when i first ran FSX, i would only have Default AI with Default Liveries (Orbit, World Airlines etc etc) I disabled Default AI in the MyT Menu and then found that I get zero AI.

I have used FSX since it was released and I have never had any issues installing Add Ons untill now, i am not sure what i have missed, but I am unable to see any AI at all.

Regards

Please show us the contents of the file MyTraffic\folders.txt and the entrys for MyTraffic in fsx.cg and scenery.cfg, these two you can simply copy and past from the Communicator, then we can check if something is wrong there.

Hi everybody,

First off, I didn't want to open a new thread because my problem is quite similar to Kendrick's. I bought MTv6 today from simMarket, installed it as per the book and, same as the issue mentioned above, I have no ai traffic. Please allow me to post the info requested above:

MyTraffic\folders.txt:

D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

FSX.cfg:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6="D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

Scenery.cfg:

[Area.133]
Local=D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic
Title=My Traffic Profesional
Required=FALSE
Active=TRUE
Layer=133

Folder size:

Aircraft = 7.98 GB
Scenery = 190 MB

MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Scenery - File size:

MyCommercialRoutes.dat = 4.8 MB
Mytrafficcommercial.bgl = 42.7 MB
MyTrafficglobal.bgl = 85.7 MB
MyTrafficmil.bgl = 25.2 MB

I used MyTraffic 2013 before and, with the slider set to 30%, it worked just fine for me. Now, with MTP, although everything seems to be in order (IMHO), I have almost no ai traffic. From time to time I can see 1 or 2 airplanes moving. Here's a picture of KJFK with sliders set to 50% where you can see no traffic at all. Please, any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Scrshot001_zpsjyv4gjld.jpg

MyTrafficCommercial.bgl, as included in MyTraffic 6, has a size of 121392 MB. Did you try to compile any schedules from the editor? I recommend that you use the communicator to restore the correct traffic bgls first, before we continue. There is an issue the database not to write out enough parkings, which will be adressed in a patch, but from Communicator it should work.

This may seem a dumb question but which traffic bgl does MYT use? I have two 'My Traffic' Folders one inside FSX and one under 'My Traffic Professional' which is outside of FSX.

The one inside FSX will be from an old MyTraffic Installation. MyTraffic 5 used the one inside FSX or P3D. MyTraffic 6 uses the one under "MyTraffic Professional".

Which one you use you say your sim in the scenery library dialog.

Thanks Burkhard. That is what I suspected. In an attempt to sort it out, when I was transferring aircraft, for some reason I lost them so I have had to reinstall. Hopefully that will sort the problem I had with showing the incorrect aircraft and it will be working fine now. If not I will let you know.

Another question about incorrect aircraft being displayed. I loaded the 1970 schedule and went to Birmingham (UK) to see what displayed but, as you can see from the attached screenshot of STB, modern day aircrat are displayed along with those from 1970.

post-531-0-42464900-1431354201_thumb.jpg

When I look into the file MT_Plans\1970 there is no occurence of any A321. It looks like you somehow have old and new schedules loaded? 

WHat can help is if you look with traffic toolbox traffix explorer, you get a file#. The Viscounts should have one file #, if the A321 have a different then we know that you use 2 different bgls for AI traffic.