The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

Patch to MyTraffic 6.0

Dear friends, now that most installation problems are fixed, it is time to look what can be improved. I will post what I find here into this topic, if you have suggestions, please add them here. Please do not post individual problems here, that you can expect others not to have - every individual problem should start its own topic so that it is possibel to keep the information together.

So here is what I plan to include, this list will grow when I go through the topics here:

• An updated data base MTX_V60.myt , the current copy has some internal problems so that the autoscheduling does not work as expected.
  • Extra traffic in Heathrow.
  • 2000 United A320 type name corrected.
  • NFFN treated like a Chinese airport, this leads to some unwanted aircraft in New Zealand and Australia.
  • Updated installation instructions in distribution.
  • Communicator background screen corrected.
  • Changes to the editor to compile more schedules (less empty gates enforced @100% traffic density).
  • Changes to the editor to put "preferred flights" autogenerated with looser criteria to higher density settings (starting with 70% only).
  • MyTraffic Interactive to support the newest paints.
  • Luxair 737 new colors.
  • B747-400 wing span corrected.
  • Supplied airport imrovements.
  • US Airways A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 now American paint and callsign.
  • List of Types added to the manual..
  • PDF manual now actual version.
  • DC10MTM fltsim entries changed.
  • Skywest Delta Connection new texture.

While new contents like new paints is something for a free minor update and not a patch, that is there to fix issues with the current software, a few could be added. The probability for new stuff to get added is far bigger if users supply it, be it new paints, improved paints, updated airports.

You can find the empty paints under http://forum.simflight.com/topic/61458-mytraffic-x-paint-kits-for-the-public-domain/here.

Please consider for your first 6.0 patch, no Air Berlin planes on the EDDB Airport. At the moment MyTraffic generates a couple of them. The Air Berlin move to EDDB will be maybe in the next century when they gonna finish the "New Berlin Brandenburg Airport".

The german airline Tuifly changend as same as the other airliners of the Tui group their livery to a blue color. Futhermore they have the callsign "Tuifly" not "Yellowcab".

When I use Spring 2015 schedule I don't see any WizzAir traffic while it was present in previous version (and when using Autumn 2012).

I'm running my traffic at 50% rate to get real scheduled traffic. I tried other settings and other airports where Wizz flies to but haven't seen any of their A320s.

Burkhard, any chance for a visibility fix for the strobe lights in P3D (i.e. they become invisible beyond a very small radius)? Maybe this could be a team effort if it requires a lot of manual editing... ;-)

I think you want this :)

I'm shocked, can't even comment ;) so, how do we move from this point? Relax, I can wait :)

The layers are needed if the aircraft body is not transparent - the PAI baroque painting with aircraft covered all over by rows of screws with 50 cm diameter. The MyTraffic bitmaps use a pure white that every program can treat as transparent.

On Air Baltic, replacing the nice old paints by the ugly new ones just broke my heart...

Okay, I'll try to do some paints with the bitmaps! :)

Interesting how the opinions vary...I personally absolutely dislike the old livery and love the new one. Can we expect an update for the Air Baltic livery? If you prefer the old one, you can always fly with the retro flightplans. ;)

I also found some issues in South Africa:

1. My slider is set to 50% Airliner density and 30% GA density. Still I only get almost only SAA aircraft in FAJS. No matter which time of day, no Mango no SA Airlink or Kulula aircraft appear at the airport. I thought 50% was a good setting for realistic aircraft movements?

2. In FACT the apron is full of SAAF B707s. The problem is not only that the aircraft isn't in service anymore in real life, but also that it is highly unrealistic to have so many aircraft of this type.

compress_0013k0uxf.jpg

Hope this can be fixed!

Cheers!

That are too many indeed. ANd a pity they no longer fly, when have they been withdrawn?

Looking into the real world schedules, I see quite some international flights, South African and a few Comair flights. See below what comes in from the real world data.

Kulula is not an airline, but a brand of Comair, or has that changed? Airlines that do not show up here maybe just do not pay to get listed in the databases? What would you think is missing as airline?

0353  |     575 | Lufthansa               A340-600             Dest: EDDM Munich FRanz Josef Strau daily                              11
0414  |     355 | South African Airlines  B737-800             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              20
0417  |      59 | British Airways         B747-400             Dest: EGLL Heathrow                 daily                               1
0419  |     353 | South African Airlines  A319                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                               7
0419  |     357 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                               4
0611  |     341 | South African Airlines  A340-300             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              28
0625  |     581 | TAAG Angola             B777-200             Dest: FNLU LUANDA                   daily                              49
0627  |    6839 | South African Airlines  B737-300F            Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              42
0639  |     351 | South African Airlines  A330-200             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              25
0650  |    6316 | Comair South Africa     B737-400             Dest: FALE King Khasa Durban        daily                              47
0656  |     365 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              16
0810  |     367 | South African Airlines  A319                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              13
0848  |     603 | Virgin Atlantic         A340-600             Dest: EGLL Heathrow                 daily                               2
0858  |     303 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              36
0904  |     305 | South African Airlines  B737-800             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              33
0921  |      59 | British Airways         B747-400             Dest: EGLL Heathrow                 daily                              43
0930  |     309 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              30
1014  |     357 | South African Airlines  B737-800             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              21
1019  |     355 | South African Airlines  A319                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                               8
1019  |     359 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                               5
1129  |     522 | Air France              B777-200             Dest: LFPG Paris Charles de Gaulle  daily                               3
1154  |     574 | Lufthansa               A340-600             Dest: EDDM Munich FRanz Josef Strau daily                              10
1211  |     343 | South African Airlines  A340-300             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              29
1227  |    6833 | South African Airlines  B737-300F            Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              40
1239  |     353 | South African Airlines  A330-200             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              26
1250  |    6310 | Comair South Africa     B737-400             Dest: FALE King Khasa Durban        daily                              45
1256  |     367 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              17
1410  |     369 | South African Airlines  A319                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              14
1458  |     305 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              37
1504  |     307 | South African Airlines  B737-800             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              34
1530  |     311 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              31
1614  |     359 | South African Airlines  B737-800             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              22
619  |     357 | South African Airlines  A319                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                               9
1619  |     361 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                               6
1734  |     599 | KLM Royal Dutch AirlinesB777-200             Dest: EHAM Schiphol                 daily                              39
1811  |     337 | South African Airlines  A340-300             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              27
1825  |     579 | TAAG Angola             B777-200             Dest: FNLU LUANDA                   daily                              48
834  |     605 | Virgin Atlantic         A340-600             Dest: EGLL Heathrow                 daily                              44
839  |     347 | South African Airlines  A330-200             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              24
1850  |    6312 | Comair South Africa     B737-400             Dest: FALE King Khasa Durban        daily                              46
1856  |     369 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              18
2010  |     371 | South African Airlines  A319                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              15
2058  |     307 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              38
2104  |     309 | South African Airlines  B737-800             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              35
129  |     772 | Emirates                B777-300ER           Dest: OMDB Dubai Intl.              daily                              12
2130  |     313 | South African Airlines  A320                 Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              32
2214  |     361 | South African Airlines  B737-800             Dest: FAJS Johannesburg Intl        daily                              23
2227  |     772 | Emirates                B777-300ER           Dest: OMDB Dubai Intl.              daily                              19

I think the 707s have been withdrawn since 2007 actually. So for quite a while now... ;)

The problem in Joburg is, that I only get the Kulula and Comair flights (Kulula is indeed a subsidiary of Comair) and many other airlines like SA Airlink, 1time, etc when putting my slider above 50%. When I have my traffic set to 50% I just have the SAA aircraft and a few foreign widebodies displayed.

Mango aircraft are never displayed, not even at 100%...even though the repaints are in the 737 folder. And just as a sidenote, 1time also has been closed for several years now...I think they ended operations in 2012.

As you can see the SA skies are a bit outdated in Mytraffic. Please have a look at a random day and time on flightstats where you can see the typical traffic for Joburg: http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do

Thanks! :)

• Upvote 1

I´d like to ask this things:

- The most important: Corrections with GOL Linhas Aereas fleet in Brazil. We can only see 737´s without winglets. The more present variantion is 737-800 WITH winglets. But there are -700s and -800´s without winglets too. I think a revision of the models in the flights are in order.

- There are no flights in MT6 to an airport with ICAO SBIL. In real, there are flights with TAM and GOL.

- Inclusion of A330 planes for AZUL Linhas Aereas

- Inclusion of airline MAP in Brazil north. They fly with ATR´s http://www.voemap.com.br/

Thanks for the great work!

Hey,

Don't know how much work is involved, but how about the new livery for Thomson Airways.  You included updated livery on the B787 and it looks great.  How about the rest of the fleet?  Is this doable?

regards.

Hi,

Please check the aircraft.cfg of the folder DC10MTM. The liveries 7 and 8 are headed by [fltsim.07] and [fltsim.08] which should read instead:

[fltsim.7]

:

[fltsim.8]

:

With this error the two liveries give a problem with vPilot (the VATSIM client for online flying). You can use the internal debugger of vPilot to test integrity.

Also you could use this tool to check consisteny of your files:

http://www.lekseecon.nl/VMRGenerator.html

The error logs give valuable hints, where you have inconsistencies in your files (wrong ICAO codes etc.)

Rgds

Reinhard

A first collection of items for the patch, as in the list in the first post, is available under http://www.fsrail.com/Patches60-1.zip. This is not yet a patch release, more some stuff for experienced users to look at and to test. I definitvely want to add the new AAL paints still, and do the Cactus-American conversion before packing it into a final patch.

I give no installation instructions what to do with the files, if you do not know what to do with them then this is not yet for you. Any comment on it please in private as message, not here, to avoid this post to get out of ist primary mission. I cannot comment if I will add more stuff to the patch from your valuable comments, or put them into the autumn update - depends on the time every step needs.

I have changed from ut2 to MT6 and am very happy with the product; but would like to see various liveries for Southwest Airlines.  Not only do they have a variety of paints, but have out a new general livery which just came out.  Thanks.

A first release of the patch is now available at

http://www.fsrail.com/Patches600.exe

Please download this and place it into the Folder "MyTraffic Professional" just aside the MyTraffic main Folder and execute it from there with a double click. Since this patch also contains a new Communicator, it cannot be installed using the Communicator. I expect future additional patches can be applied with the Communicator.

Hi Burkhard,

Where exactly do I install the patch because when I think I have my Communicator looks exactly the same as the old version and it is now offline?!

Thanks

Duncan

@funky the instruction is clear to place it aside the MyTraffic folder, into the "MyTraffic Professional" folder, not into it...