The simFlight Network Forums
aconstable

Little update for MyTraffic Professional V6

I have just purchased MyTraffic Professional Ver 6, but sadly you will need to edit some of the aliases so as to enable you to enjoy all your MyTraffic aircraft.It is a very easy job to do, go to your MyTraffic\Aircraft folder open the aircraft folders listed below,then open the Soundai folder,click and open then Soundai.cfg. Put a "S" to make it spell "Props" instead of "Prop" in the following aircraft's:-

C150aMX \C150wMX \C172 \C206aMX \C206wMX \C212MX \Cessna120MX \DH6MX \DH81MX \DO328MX \Emb120MX \Fokker27MX \IslanderMX \JS41MX MetroIIIMX \P68MX \Saab340MX \VanRV6aMX \VanRV6MX

These you need to add "B" to rename the alias to read B747 and not "747"

B52MX \C5MX \C17MX \C135MX \C141MX \E3AMX\ KC135MX \KC137MX \NimrodMX

CH53MX

This one needs to change its sound from

AI_Mil_CH_47\Soundai to AI_Mil_BHwk\Soundai

Alan, thanks for the reply and I have edited the suggested files, took a little longer than 10 mins but that is not the issue.

As a service to your customers going forward would it not just be easier all round to update the MY6 Alias installer so that it is not broken.

It must make supporting your product easier to not have support questions being asked in the first place, having to help users through the hand editing of cfg files is not going to make your life any easier.

Not every user is comfortable with editing files, it is easy to forget that there are a lot of users who are not experts at this kind of thing and are more used to buying software that just works.

Hi

Just to make things clear, this alias installer I done on my own back, it took me ages with a little help. Its freeware, although I don't mind doing these things, my customers are the people that purchased Traffic3D_Sounds and not MyTraffic.06. Hope you understand that I didn't have to make this alias installer as you didn't have to edit your aliases to enable all your MyTraffic aircraft.

Regards

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for the installer and the folder typos do only take 10 minutes to fix. One could also fix them by either using symbolic links to the correct folders. Here's a nice little app that makes the creation of the directory junction  very easy:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/symlink-creator/

Another option is to create the misspelled folders and copy the correct folder contents to each of them.

Jay

Well hear it is for all those who may have found it difficult to edit their aliases, 1 click and you there! There are 2 installers,Also included is a PR3DV2 Default Aircraft alias installer, as you all know some default aircraft creep into our flightplans even though you have selected them not too! Now your Default Aircraft will use the same sounds as your MYTV6 aircraft use.

You must read the README doc and the pictures supplied in the update.

Limited Time only

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ulgoah0c6c7su8/MTV6.zip?dl=0

Alan Constable

I have just purchased MyTraffic Professional Ver 6, but sadly you will need to edit some of the aliases so as to enable you to enjoy all your MyTraffic aircraft.It is a very easy job to do, go to your MyTraffic\Aircraft folder open the aircraft folders listed below,then open the Soundai folder,click and open then Soundai.cfg. Put a "S" to make it spell "Props" instead of "Prop" in the following aircraft's:-

What kind of instruction is this? I don't have any Prop or Props in the cfg files of MyTraffic (6). For example:

MyTrafficProfessional\MyTraffic\Aircraft\C150aMX\soundai\soundai.cfg

[fltsim]

alias=C172\soundai

That's it, and I have no idea what the author is talking about. 

Put a "S" to make it spell "Props" instead of "Prop"

Put a "S" to make it spell "Props" instead of "Prop" in the following aircraft's:-

Put "S" where?? Perhaps you meant to say find "Prop" in that sounai.cfg file first and then add "S" or something similar? I have no prop words, see the post above. Actually there is no single occurance of "Prop" in all soundai.cfg files of MyTraffic package. What a mess.

Dear Dirk98

AS I have mentioned in my post

"Anyone who needs the full install, please email me I will send them by return email"

alan-constable@sky.com

Alan, from the posts above I thought I could figure it on my own just tweaking some "Props" etc. in the config files, and I was wrong.

Also your manual doc with the original installer is not for uninitiated I would say. Thank you for your direct help by email, now I have clear understanding of how your sounds package fits in FSX and where the files should go. 

Cheers,

Dirk.

You only needed to change prop to props, come on that's not hard is it? 

alias=Traffic3D_Sounds\prop\AI_Beech_King\Soundai

alias=Traffic3D_Sounds\props\AI_Beech_King\Soundai

You only needed to change prop to props, come on that's not hard is it?

alias=Traffic3D_Sounds\prop\AI_Beech_King\Soundai

alias=Traffic3D_Sounds\props\AI_Beech_King\Soundai

You missed my point, Alan. I was wrong assuming that I only needed to change some Prop to Props. Before that I would have had to do some folders moving as you explained in your email.

Hi  Harry

First you should have downloaded Traffic3D_Sounds and not Traffic_Sounds which is my older version. You need to install Traffic_Sounds or Traffic3D_Sounds folder into a temp folder on your desk top,then all you need to do is to drag/copy and install the folder named either Traffic_Sounds or Traffic3D_Sounds that is in your temp folder into the MyTraffic V6 aircraft folder.Thats it!

Perhaps you should have read this?

Perhaps you should have read this?

Yes, perhaps I should have, but somewhere else, not even here, in some other thread. From your side perhaps you should have added it to a readme with the installer, not a bad idea if you ask me.   :)

Finally all is good, thank you.

Dirk.