The simFlight Network Forums
golfhotel

American Airlines Repaints

I have started the process of repaints for the current scheme for American Airlines and US Airways aircraft but was wondering the best place to upload them to for the benefit of other users.

Just pit the bitmaps here into this topic.

I'm aware that AA and US got a common type certificate beginning of April, but that was too late for MyTraffic 6 which hat content frozen beginning of february.

Contained in the zip below are Textures for the new scheme of American Airlines for the Airbus A319/A320/A321 amalgamated from US Airways.

post-531-0-10627000-1430400169_thumb.jpg

The Textures are for My Traffic 6 and I don't know if the numbers correspond to any previous editions. You might want to backup the original textures in case you want to revert to them - and for My Traffic 6 the relevant textures are:

A319 - My30, A320 - My87 and A321 - My69

Unzip AALAIRBUS1.zip and copy the relevant textures into the appropriate Aircraft Folder overwriting as necessary. For example, 'Texture.My30' goes into the A319MX Folder.

In addition, the old US Airways callsign "Cactus" is also no longer used so you might like to change the callsign to "American" and add AAL to the parking codes. I use AI-Aircraft Editor from Owl's Nest however aircraft who's cfg in the Folder is 'sim' do not show up but if you change the name of the cfg to 'aircraft', they will. A bit of a chore but worth it in the end.

Next will be the A330 then on to the Boeings.

Thanks again, unfortunately I cannot open the paints, they do not open with ACES imagetool - is there anything special about the dds format? Could you supply in bmp or png format?