The simFlight Network Forums

[Solved] Newbie: How do I map to this existing script in FSX gauge file?

I want to execute  this "pfd NavKnob pressed" macro from the default G1000 gauge file with a key press. Here is an XML excerpt from the gauge file:

<MouseArea id="Push">

<FloatPosition>20.000,58.000</FloatPosition>

<Size>50,25</Size>

<CursorType>Hand</CursorType>

<MouseClick id="MouseClick">

<Script>1 (>@g:pfd NavKnob pressed, bool) (L:SelectedNav2) 1 == if{ 0 } els{ 1 } (>L:SelectedNav2) </Script>

<ClickType>LeftSingle</ClickType>

</MouseClick>

</MouseArea>

I think I read how to create my own macros, but how do you map to one that is already in the default gauge file?

Thanks - I know it's a newbie question. The end goal is to execute this via serial com.

-Dave

Edited by dwilliams

OK, to suggest an answer to my own question, I expect I can make an FSUIPC mouse macro and assign it to a key without having to know what is in the gauge XML. But can I map directly to that g:pfd NavKnob pressed thing some way without having to make a macro?

Or am I trying to hard to do something simple?

-Dave

OK, to suggest an answer to my own question, I expect I can make an FSUIPC mouse macro and assign it to a key without having to know what is in the gauge XML.

Mouse macros only work with gauges written to the standard Microsoft C/C++ gauges SDK.  They can't be used with XML gauges.

However, it may well work fine using the relevant local variable (L:Var) -- it looks like L:SelectedNav2 has something to do with it. Check using the FSUIPC assignable control to log L:Vars, or use the Lua plug-in provided to monitor them.

Pete

Thanks, Pete. It does look like the LVAR gets toggled with the mouse press, so setting it directly should work. I'll let you know...

First, I have to buy the full-up FSUIPC - my "project" for the day.

Cheers,

Dave