The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamesyboy

A380 at Taxi2gate Hamad OTHH

Good evening folks.

Any solution please? 

Purchased this scenery from Simmarket last week now that it works with MyTraffic 6.  I note that the A380's park at the cargo area.  For some reason I am unable to post on the Taxi2gate forum, but I read that the update is now included in the installer available at Simmarket.  But, clearly this is not the case. The forum folk are rubbish at communicating and have not got back to me.

So, I wonder if anyone knows how I get the A380's to park at the gate and terminal?  Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Hi,

I think either size of parking spot is to small or plane to big ;) perhaps you could check afcad for OTHH to see the limits. I think it would be the fastest thing to do.

The A380 needs a 40m radius gate. If they use the default settings of 36m gates and 50m cargo, then it is clear that they program the A380 to park at the cargo parkings.

Unfortunately, you'd need to download a package such as Scruffyduck's Airport Design Editor (ADE), manually edit the parking sizes in the airport database file and save.

I'd offer to help, because it doesn't take long for a single airport when you know how, but I don't have that one, sorry. :(

Ian P.

I could help as well as i have this airport. I haven't flown there yet, but I'll check it out to see the issue with A380. If required I can make adjust afcad accordingly. But it will be earliest tomorrow or during weekend - depends on my time.

However, if you decide to play with it alone, make backup of original afcad ;)

Thanks for you help guys.

I don't have the technical expertise to use Scruffyduck's Airport Design Editor (ADE).  I have tried before and failed miserably.

@ st1322 if you get an opportunity I would appreciate you having a look at this.

Regards.

James