The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC old versions?

As in other post problems with VRinsight MCP. There is another post so that is why i am not asking to solve that anymore, you know the problem, but while you try to solve that i could be using my MCP with K version.

I am using FSX SE and since the last update they have done  the communication via SE and MCP is not working, you move the knobs and FSX SE doesnt recognice them, but if you move via virtual cockpit you can see the changes in the MCP display.

So  there is comuncation in-out but not out-in

I use registered version. Any way to download K version for now? with that version it seems that is working as someone told me in other post.

Thanks Pete for you quick answer.

Edited by his512

As in other post problems with VRinsight MCP. There is another post so that is why i am not asking to solve that anymore, you know the problem, but while you try to solve that i could be using my MCP with K version.

I have not received any information to help me definitively solve the Linda problems,, which I presume are the ones you  are referencing, but I have re-vamped the code around the Lua event system again -- in version 4.939n, and I have hopes that this will fix it properly!

I've been waiting for some reply in the other thread, but seeing as folks seem to have retreated to the k version and don't want it actually fixed properly, I've been unable to get it tested yet.

So, now you are here, please try it and let me know. Here's the download link: FSUIPC4939n_Test.zip.

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete,

here is writing Frank from EDDM.

I send you a Post about the not working FSUIPC 4939m with Linda(Lua) (VR Insight Combo Panel)

At this time a test your FSUIPC 4939n_Test.zip.

I have copy the fsuipc.dll in my modules start the fsx and make a Test, It is working.....

After my next flight a send you a Post about the working from Version (n)

Perfect...........i hope you found the Problem......

Thanks about my bad englisch.

Frank from EDDM

Edited by f.skywalker

Hi Pete,

I have tried with the version that worked with the gentleman above but still the Vrinsight with linda installed does not work...its exactly as he described above, the knobs don't change any values when turned but changing the values from the virtual cockpit knobs will reflect on the Vrinsight screen.

Ok I stand corrected ... I confirm the PMDG 737ngx is working 100% with the 4.939n ... I forgot I had removed the Vrinsight line from the .ini file before you suggested the use of  4.939n ... so yes the "n" version solved it.

However

the Aerosoft Airbuses are not , I don't think it's FSUIPC related anymore since the PMDG is now working...will continue to try with the Airbuses and report.

Thanks a lot Pete for your prompt replies.

Ok I stand corrected ... I confirm the PMDG 737ngx is working 100% with the 4.939n ... I forgot I had removed the Vrinsight line from the .ini file before you suggested the use of  4.939n ... so yes the "n" version solved it.

Good. Thanks for letting me know.

Howeverthe Aerosoft Airbuses are not , I don't think it's FSUIPC related anymore since the PMDG is now working...will continue to try with the Airbuses and report.

Did they ever work with the VRInsight device?

Pete

Good. Thanks for letting me know.

You're welcome sir

Did they ever work with the VRInsight device?

Pete

Yes the did ... and now solved as well...they needed buttons reassignment from the linda GUI ... 

Final report : everything is working as they should with FSUIPC ver. 4.939n ... all problems solved.

Thanks Pete

Final report : everything is working as they should with FSUIPC ver. 4.939n ... all problems solved.

Good. I'll make it a formal release tomorrow. I think the 'bug' was an event priority clash. In 4.939m I rearranged the way I scan for events to signal to Lua plug-ins, in order to try to give them all an equal chance (rather than having a very frequent one preventing some less frequent ones ever being signalled). Such behaviour could be worked around in the Lua code by ordering the events requested so that the lesser ones come first, but you shouldn't need to do that.

The bug was that there were circumstances in which the event scanning didn't actually complete. That is fixed now, as well as the proper sharing. It was a devil of a job to nail down, and I wasn't really sure it was related to the Linda problems at all. It just seemed likely as not much else was changed in 4.939m.

Pete

Good. I'll make it a formal release tomorrow. I think the 'bug' was an event priority clash. In 4.939m I rearranged the way I scan for events to signal to Lua plug-ins, in order to try to give them all an equal chance (rather than having a very frequent one preventing some less frequent ones ever being signalled). Such behaviour could be worked around in the Lua code by ordering the events requested so that the lesser ones come first, but you shouldn't need to do that.

The bug was that there were circumstances in which the event scanning didn't actually complete. That is fixed now, as well as the proper sharing. It was a devil of a job to nail down, and I wasn't really sure it was related to the Linda problems at all. It just seemed likely as not much else was changed in 4.939m.

Pete

Oh that makes sense because sometimes during the problem with the 4.939m you would get just one click of the knob turned to register but then stops and it was really delayed , like 10seconds later you would get the heading for example change just one degree and nothing more.

Glad you nailed it ...

i also checked with many other planes and all good .

thanks Pete for your continuous efforts.

To late to try tonight, i will tomorrow and will let you know. Anyway, Many many thanks Pete for your quick support, i think simulation wouldnt be great without your software and people like you.

• 4 years later...

Hello

Is there any way of discovering if I've already purchased FSUIPC?

Very recently I've resurrected an old PC and installed XP only for trying out FS2002 and then remembered I had good fun with ACS MD-11 but it needed FSUIPC for full functionality.

Timothy Quinn

2.77 was the quoted version

1 hour ago, Gander said:

Very recently I've resurrected an old PC and installed XP only for trying out FS2002 and then remembered I had good fun with ACS MD-11 but it needed FSUIPC for full functionality.

FS2002 was before FSUIPC needed purchasing (it was free from FS98 to FS2002 inclusive), and before most of its User Facilities were added. So it sounds like your add-on aircraft only used the programming interface into FSUIPc which was free. So you don't need a registered version.

Pete

Hi Pete

Thank you for the prompt reply!

AFAIK,the latest version will not be of any use to me as it is of a higher order of functionality [all beyond my brain],I was only looking for that old version as I'm only in a time warp presently,as is everybody else.

I use FS9 on my quicker PC but am not interested in overly complex simulation.

thanks

Tim

41 minutes ago, Gander said:

AFAIK,the latest version will not be of any use to me as it is of a higher order of functionality [all beyond my brain

But you wouldn't be using much of it in any case. if the add-on aircraft needed it, it will just tap into it, all by itself.  You'd simply ignore it altogether after you install it. It would be as if it didn't exist for you.

But please yourself. I'm not here to twist your arm, only trying to help.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

But you wouldn't be using much of it in any case. if the add-on aircraft needed it, it will just tap into it, all by itself.  You'd simply ignore it altogether after you install it. It would be as if it didn't exist for you.

But please yourself. I'm not here to twist your arm, only trying to help.

Pete

Hi Pete

As the old version is unavailable,will the present version be compatible with FS2002 and run all the codes in Alain Capt's MD-11?

Tim

10 hours ago, Gander said:

As the old version is unavailable,will the present version be compatible with FS2002 and run all the codes in Alain Capt's MD-11?

We've always striven to retain backward compatibilty of FSUIPC's programming interface, which is what I assume you mean by "codes".

FSUIPC version 3 was released as the FS2004-compatible update to Version 2, which was the update for FS2002. Version 1 was for FS2000, but also worked on FS98.

Each version update replaced the one before but supported also the extra facilities available with each successive version of FS. The only major change making it incompatible with FS versions FS98 through FS2004 was the introduction of SimConnect in FSX. So FSUIPC4 is not compatible.

I cannot verify now that FSUIPC3 remains compatible, but it has undergone no changes which would render it incompatible. That's all I can say. So why not just try it -- it would have been quicker than having this exchange here, and it wouldn't cost you anything.

And sorry, I cannot support FS2002 and before.

Pete