The simFlight Network Forums

Feelthere/ Wilco ERJv2 Control Surface Lag

FS98FSX

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issue. If I use the keyboard flight controls, no issues. Here's what I've tried so far without any luck:

-Mouse yoke causes this FPS hit as well.

-I tried with a fresh install of Prepar3d (both v2.5 and 3.2) without FSUIPC or anything else being installed.

-Tried with FSUIPC installed but controllers disabled.

-Reinstalled E-jets several times (as administrator) both with and without the 175/195 addon.

-I read somewhere that it might be an issue with the SSD so I tried moving the E-Jet installation off the SSD and on to a mechanical drive with a junction link back to P3D.

-Tried updating USB drivers

-reinstalling joystick drivers

-tried with both a logitech joystick and CH yoke

-Interestingly enough, I noticed that my CH throttle quadrant didn't appear to affect frames when moved but it has more to do with control surfaces (yoke or rudder).

Running Windows 7 Pro with all the latest updates. No antivirus aside from Microsoft Security Essentials.

Looking for suggestions as well.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Incredible...

No one knows. Its weird actually.. Also a little sad, a product like this is amazing. Too bad Feelthere wont update it at all for P3D or just a new version for FSX.. Something that could possibly help us would be nice. Has any of the other chaps who were having this issue fix it at all?

It's frustrating when something doesn't work as expected, but if you have a problem and expect help, then it's essential to provide full information about your own particular setup, both hardware and software.

Many simmers have been running the E-Jets and ERJ software with a whole variety of controllers for a number of years, so when some users have the kind of problems described, it usually comes down to something different in their particular installations. I have used E-Jets v2 for more than 5 years with 3 different computers, and different controllers, all running Win7 64bit. The software has worked correctly with FSX SP2, and with Prepar3D versions 1.4, 2.2, and currently 3.2. There is certainly no problem using SSDs. I have used E-Jets on Intel, Samsung, OCZ and Sandisk SSds.

Some things to consider. They won't all be relevant in each case, but may help.

1) If the problem occurred recently, what software changes have been made, including Windows updates. Try restoring to an earlier date.

2) Do you have a corrupted download. These are often related to using anti virus software while downloading.

3) Always install as administrator, and also run the sim as administrator.

4) Wherever practical disable User Account Controls.

5) Windows 10 has thrown up a few driver related hardware issues. Some have been resolved. Use Google.

6) If controls are assigned through the simulator, check the 'Controls' section under the Axes tab. Are they all there, and not duplicated. If they look correct then use the calibration tab and calibrate each axis. If controls are assigned through FSUIPC, then check they do not also appear in the simulator controls section. Delete as necessary.

7) Do you have other add ons installed which may use special programming techniques to overcome weaknesses in the FSX/P3D software. These may conflict with older software like the E-Jets. Try uninstalling other add on aircraft to test.

8)Follow the advice from Feelthere and load first with a default aircraft at a default airfield, then load a presaved E-Jet or ERJ situation, or create a new one.

9) Hardware driver or control software can cause a conflict, especially if more than one version is installed. Depending how your controls are assigned, problems can affect one aircraft and not others. When using Win7 or later, many of the joysticks, throttles and rudder pedals will operate without any additional software, and can be calibrated under Windows. Then you could delete previous drivers.

I have no experience of CH products so cannot comment on those, but I had no problems with the E-Jets using a Saitek X36 Hotas, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttles or Saitek rudder pedals. None of them affected fps at any time. I currently run a replica E195 home cockpit with multiple screens and custom hardware using E-Jets v2 with a heavily modified panel cfg, and everything programmed and controls calibrated through FSUIPC. Everything works.

Regarding FSUIPC, this is one of the most useful and reliable utilities available to simmers. It is totally compatible with E-Jets and with all versions of FS2004, FSX and P3D, but if you use the full version, keep it up to date, and most important - read the manual very carefully.

Computer problem solving requires a systematic approach, which can be time consuming, but it's often the only way to get reliable results.

jbee.

It's frustrating when something doesn't work as expected, but if you have a problem and expect help, then it's essential to provide full information about your own particular setup, both hardware and software.

Many simmers have been running the E-Jets and ERJ software with a whole variety of controllers for a number of years, so when some users have the kind of problems described, it usually comes down to something different in their particular installations. I have used E-Jets v2 for more than 5 years with 3 different computers, and different controllers, all running Win7 64bit. The software has worked correctly with FSX SP2, and with Prepar3D versions 1.4, 2.2, and currently 3.2. There is certainly no problem using SSDs. I have used E-Jets on Intel, Samsung, OCZ and Sandisk SSds.

Some things to consider. They won't all be relevant in each case, but may help.

1) If the problem occurred recently, what software changes have been made, including Windows updates. Try restoring to an earlier date.

2) Do you have a corrupted download. These are often related to using anti virus software while downloading.

3) Always install as administrator, and also run the sim as administrator.

4) Wherever practical disable User Account Controls.

5) Windows 10 has thrown up a few driver related hardware issues. Some have been resolved. Use Google.

6) If controls are assigned through the simulator, check the 'Controls' section under the Axes tab. Are they all there, and not duplicated. If they look correct then use the calibration tab and calibrate each axis. If controls are assigned through FSUIPC, then check they do not also appear in the simulator controls section. Delete as necessary.

7) Do you have other add ons installed which may use special programming techniques to overcome weaknesses in the FSX/P3D software. These may conflict with older software like the E-Jets. Try uninstalling other add on aircraft to test.

8)Follow the advice from Feelthere and load first with a default aircraft at a default airfield, then load a presaved E-Jet or ERJ situation, or create a new one.

9) Hardware driver or control software can cause a conflict, especially if more than one version is installed. Depending how your controls are assigned, problems can affect one aircraft and not others. When using Win7 or later, many of the joysticks, throttles and rudder pedals will operate without any additional software, and can be calibrated under Windows. Then you could delete previous drivers.

I have no experience of CH products so cannot comment on those, but I had no problems with the E-Jets using a Saitek X36 Hotas, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttles or Saitek rudder pedals. None of them affected fps at any time. I currently run a replica E195 home cockpit with multiple screens and custom hardware using E-Jets v2 with a heavily modified panel cfg, and everything programmed and controls calibrated through FSUIPC. Everything works.

Regarding FSUIPC, this is one of the most useful and reliable utilities available to simmers. It is totally compatible with E-Jets and with all versions of FS2004, FSX and P3D, but if you use the full version, keep it up to date, and most important - read the manual very carefully.

Computer problem solving requires a systematic approach, which can be time consuming, but it's often the only way to get reliable results.

jbee.

Hardware:

Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750TI

ASUS Maximus VII Formula Motherboard

1TB Samsung SSD

500GB Samsung SSD (Used for FS related stuff only.)

Software:

Prepar3D v3.2 (Recently Upgraded to this, only having issues in both RJs)

REX Soft Clouds

FTX Global + Vector

PrecipitFX (Still did the stuttering thing without it)

Freeware textures for Sky and Sun off of AVSIM

FTXTreesHD

Active Sky Next

Scenery:

Aerosoft Paris CDG

BluePrint KMSPv2/ KDTW/ KIND/ & KSDF

FlightBeam KDEN/ KSFOHD/ & KIAD

FlyTampa KBOS/ KBUF/ KMDW/ CYYZ/ CYUL/ & LOWW

FSDreamteam KORD/ KDFW/ GSX/ KIAH/ KLAS/ & KLAX

ImagineSim KATLv3 P3D/ KAUS/ & KCLTv2

SunSkyJet KPHL

Taxi2Gate KSEA/ KSTL/ KMCO/ & MMMY

Aircraft:

Accusim C172/ C182

Aerosoft Airbus X Extended A318 - A321

CaptainSim B757-200

Feelthere E-Jetsv2/ ERJv2 <---------------------- The Problem

Majestic Dash Q400 Pro

Milviz Kingair 350i

PMDG B737/ B777

1) Not recently, But that reminds me that I should install my updates. I had this problem on my old computer too. I was starting to think its a joystick thing but its not, it happens with the keyboard too.

2) I don't have a corrupt download. I havent disabled those things but I might and try redownloading and reinstalling the aircraft.

3) Always do this.

4) Always do this. 

5) If you dont mind, please elaborate? What type of drivers?

6) Nope. Checked. All good. 

7) Not really. I tried the aircraft on a fresh install of P3D and it still did it.

8) Tried. Failed. =(

9) (Dont know how to respond to this tbh)

FS98FSX

Seems like you've tried some of the obvious stuff.

Re point 5) You don't say what operating system you're using, but there were a number of reports from early adopters of Win10 who had problems with their existing control hardware not working correctly. I don't use Win 10, but I think some of the problems were resolved with a Microsoft update. It may not be the cause of your own problem, but sometimes particular combinations of hardware, software and operating systems from different generations throw up some peculiar issues.

Re point 8, This probably seems unrelated to the problem of low fps when using the controls, but when developers first started producing more complex add ons, many support forums had a mass of posts covering all kind of obscure problems which were resolved by loading a default aircraft first.

When you say you tried this and and it failed, do you mean you could not load in this way, or that this procedure did not solve the low fps on control movement?

I heard this process may no longer be necessary with later versions of P3D, but I've found with my own setup that the E-Jets and probably ERJ, are sensitive to the loading process. With P3D 3.2, I need to load the default F22 scenario first, and then load a saved E-Jets start up scenario, then everything works correctly.

Re point 9) Joysticks and rudder pedals are sometimes supplied with a CD containing driver and configuration software. Some of these cover several different types of hardware and operating systems. If you install more than one piece of hardware, each with its own CD, you can end up with different overlapping versions of driver software which can conflict. Some driver CDs also need the appropriate operating system to be selected.

Finally, if you have an SSD or hard drive that you can wipe clean, use that as the only drive for test purposes. Unplug all other drives, Then do a new install of Windows and the bare Flightsim software on the testing drive. You don't need to activate Windows for this. Plug in joystick etc. Test using Start menu/Games/Tools/Input devices. Do a calibration for each input device. Then install E-Jets or ERJ. Do not load any other software. Test joystick again. Try all available USB sockets for joystick, USB 2 and 3. Then load flightsim with default flight. Test joystick again. Change to ERJ and test again. Note any differences.