The simFlight Network Forums
freaknout

Help with AI views

Hi all

Just bought stb today and it's quite a super bit of software. Really impressed.

I do have a frustrating issue with the AI view unfort. I suspect it's an incompatibility with EZDOK or I haven't set it up correctly. Firstly can I say that I have read the manual and searched the forum and wider internet for solutions but they don't appear to work for me.

When I try and follow an AI I get a suspended view around my aircraft, which I've read could be an EZDOK world camera (which I don't use btw). I suspected it was a double up in the cameras.cfg file and sure enough I had one with HotKeySelect=5. So I set the camera defn for AI Planes to 8 to avoid the conflict but that just doesn't seem to have worked at all.

Can anyone give me any more guidance. It's an extremely valuable feature and I'm really missing out.

Many thanks in advance

Jason

It took a while for my first post to be approved and I've tried a few things since Wednesday. Bizarrely it works perfectly with the EZDOK profile I use with PMDG's 737NGX, is there something aircraft camera or EZDOK profile specific? I see a previous forum post talks about camera's in the aircraft.cfg?

Many thanks

Jason

Hi Jason

Not sure I fully understand the mechanics of the forums here either.

I think an aircraft camera with a HotKeySelect will take precedence over the global cameras.cfg.  Have a look in at the aircraft.cfg for one of those aircraft causing you a problem, I think that's where you can find local camera definitions also.  What you want is a unique HotKeySelect for "View AI".  If something else redirects it elsewhere, STB is helpless.

Simon

Hi Simon

Many thanks for your help. I'll take a look and report back.

EZDOK and I have a love/hate relationship going that's for sure!

Jason

Hi Simon

Brilliant, thank you. The RealAir Legacy did have predefined HotKey's for the RealAir view system (which I don't use) and eliminating the double up has fixed it.

Do you mind if ask a couple of other questions?

Firstly, will PC Aviator get the p3d v2.5 version as I would be keen to buy the discounted upgrade?

Secondly, the AI view in FSX is limited, can the camera in FSX be set-up to provide vertical movement not just lateral?

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

1) It depends on the publishers capability and willingness to provide a discount and their attitude towards P3D in general.  If they don't already sell there was perhaps an obstacle way back when it was originally launched, but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then.  I'll add it do the to do list.

2) Good question.  You should be able to achieve changes by customizing the View AI entry in the cameras.cfg.  However I've never been able to achieve anything significant with it.  Anyone else have experience?

Simon

Hi Simon

Thanks for the background of the p3d version. Looks like, for the short term, I've made a boo boo buying from PCA but that's the way it goes!

I'll do some more investigation on the cameras myself. If I come across anything material I'll post back.

Many thanks again

Jason

If you'd like the P3D version, I'm sure I can work something out for you.  Contact me via email or PM if that's of interest.

Simon