The simFlight Network Forums

Tower! 2011 KSEA has no planes!

Terry Latting

Frascado

Thanks for your help. If I understand what you are saying, the tower log may not recognise the aircraft as the location codes (ICAO) may not be in the airports files. I may not be understanding this right.

I have taken a look. The tower log shows that flights from ABQ and others were not recognised yet the airports log has ABQ and seems quite comprehensive. The airports log is of course located in a directory called databases and the tower log is in the root directory.

I have uploaded the schedule, airports and tower log again.

AST (Alan)

Tower log.zip

Schedule.zip

Airports.zip

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan:

the schedule is the default one with no 'real' planes.

as you state that you are installing Real Traffic my guess is your antivirus and/or the OS UAC isn't allowing you to write-over the original files.

check your antivirus and/or UAC settings.

Thanks for the information.

I turned off both the virus checker and firewall to re-install Tower but it has made no difference.

The UAC settings are such that it asks me if I want the programme to make changes to the computer when I load it and I have been checking 'YES'

So its not the solution!

Hello Alan

I do now believe you understood my earlier post quite right. It seems that it was me who did not understand the message

Unknow airport: xxx (IATA)   ICAO not found!

completely.

After reading scoobflights post I experimented with my Tracon installation and found the following:

I can reproduce the above message in two cases:

• case 1 - if I delete an airport from airports.txt but keeping the respective airport in schedule.txt,

and (unexpected and new! to me)

• case 2 - if using an unknown or non-existing airline iata code in schedule.txt 

So in my post from  03 July 2015 - 08:25 PM I assumed there are some missing airports but that seems not to be the only cause for the unknown airport message in the log. It can also mean that there are unknown airlines.

I will try to find out more by looking into your files again. Are you able to post your airlines files too?

Regards

fracasado

Hi Fracasado.

Your help is much appreciated. I will play the game again for a short while and upload the log, schedule and airports again and the airline data files. It's late now and we are 5 hours ahead of USA East Coast time so will post them tomorrow or Wednesday.

I cannot imagine this is just happening to me!!!!!

Scoob Flight and Frascada

I have tried this game again on fast speed (x8) for 20 minutes on Miami Airport with both sliders set to the right for max landings and take offs and all runways checked.

My PC is an Intel Core I3 although the laptop is an I7 and it wont work on that either.

I am using Widows 7

I have a Nvidea GE Force GT420

8mb RAM

I am enclosing all the text files although for some reason it says the Tower Log is too big. Will try it on a separate post.

Only two aircraft appeared from 17.00 to 17.20 TAT797 and a further one in the dying seconds as I pressed exit.

I am not using audio input and I have no add ons

I really hope someone can help here please!

Airlines.zip

Airplanes.zip

Airports.zip

Miami Terminal.zip

Schedule.zip

Hello Alan,

one quick result:

It seems that your schedule file is the default one with the Feel There fictional airlines whereas your airlines and aircraft files seem to be the ones from Real Traffic or similiar to them.  So its like scoobflights assumed in his post from above (Posted Yesterday, 06:46 PM).

If you like you may try to test if your sim does work better with the test-schedule for LAX attached below. The first idea is to test it and to find out if it works at all. There may be a lot of errors or strange messages logged during its use. If it works in general with the existing airlines and airplane files we can think about optimization later.

test_schedule_lax.txt.zip

Prior to installation: Copy and backup your existing database folder/files in order to have a fall-back solution if anything should go wrong. Then install as follows

1. Unzip the file into your database folder
  2. rename the file to schedule.txt
  3. start your sim running LAX (the schedule does only contain traffic for LAX)
  4. play for a while and observe if it works

After having finished the test check your log files and feel free to report your results and observations (as usual post the content of the log).

Regards

fracasado

Frascada

Your help once more is much appreciated but sadly the file you sent has produced no planes at even the highest setting. See log enclosed.

However I have learned so much from looking at the things you have done to do a little experimenting of my own. I have mentioned in earlier posts that when Tower installed from the CD it created two directories in Programme Files. One was called Tower 2011 and the other Tower 2011 Copy. I could not understand why it did that (and still cant).

The start icon that the installation placed on the desktop leads to the application file in the Tower Directory and this is the one I have obviously been playing and where I have drawn all the database files and logs from. BUT I thought I would take a look in the Tower Copy directory and I used the application file in there to start the game. Eureka!!! I am now inundated with aircraft on all three airports.

I have to say I really find all this rather strange.

Perhaps this may be the problem Terry Latting is working with.

The next step I think is to download 'real traffic' for $1.99 and see how that goes. Then I may step up to a headset. Finally I want the EGKK Gatwick add on as its the only UK airport in the suite.

Happy to hear any final observations anyone has.

AST (Alan)

Tower log new.zip

Since I first posted this issue I have done the following.

Before reinstalling the game, I was instructed to upload my tower log file. It contained no data. I then installed real traffic and planes showed up everywhere and they were indeed the real traffic call signs and planes.

Then I played again later on, and all add on airports lost all scheduled traffic. Only the 3 original airports had any traffic at all.

I reinstalled the game and when installing add-ons I used the "install with real traffic" option.

Since I reinstalled this way, I have had no issues with loading the schedule. BUT!!!! the game is still not logging a tower log file. It does not exist anywhere on my PC. I even tried to locate the duplicate tower folder but there is nothing. Sooo, the game plays fine, but it does not log anything.

No the game is working perfectly at the moment and I see no reason for it not to continue. It works from the files in the second directory called tower 2011 copy, rather than from the one called Tower 2011.

The desktop shortcut executes the application file in the Tower directory but it's easy of course to change that to execute the application file contained in the Tower 2011 copy directory.

It logs a tower log and the only unrecognised flights are from MEX and another airport I cannot remember. But there are sufficient flying to keep me happy.

Going to try Gatwick airport UK over the next few days having flown from there many times myself and then try a headset. One step at a time

AST Alan

Helly Terry,

just discovered your missing Tower log!! In fact you did find it yourself. You attached it as 'game.zip' to one of your post in the Multiplayer Issues thread.

May be I did confuse you by using the term 'Tower.log' instead of 'game.log'. So this might have been the reason you believed that your Tower does not log correctly.

I'd like to appologize for my incorrect and possibly misleading use of the log file denotation.

Regards

fracasado

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, here we are again. I do not have planes at KSEA again!!

Nothing has changed since the last time I played this airfield and it was working before. Now all of a sudden it is not showing planes again. This is getting to be frustrating!

Running Real Traffic

Windows 7 home premium 64bit SP1

3.6 Ghz 8 core AMD

2Gb x2 GTX960 GeForce

8Gb Memory

Open AL is installed as well as speech

120 Gb SSD HD

1Tb Seagate secondary HD (game runs off this HD)

I have Charter Internet with 60mb connection... Rock Solid

game.zip

Hello Terry,

I took a look into your log. I sorted out some issues I found

1) log entries saying Unknow airport: xxx (IATA)   ICAO not found!

• seems to be related to your database files schedule.txt, airport.txt and/or airlines.txt.

Should be a minor problem and can be fixed by editing the repective files. I've mentioned this issues already in some earlier posts in this thread.

2a) log entries saying: Airplane dropped, no international terminal: callsign

• seems to be related to your airports terminal defintion/configuration file.

2b) log entries saying: xxx No free Terminal

• seems to be related to your airports terminal defintion/configuration file or
  • there's no parking stand available at any terminal during that time

2c) log entries saying: INVALID!  value:  Apron_north etc.

• seems to be related to your airports terminal defintion/configuration file

I cannot investigate the issues 2a, 2b, 2c any further since I do not have Tower.

But during the discussion with Alan in some earlier posts he submitted a file called 'Miami_Airport_terminal.txt', in which the terminals and the airlines allocated to it were defined for an airport.

So may be you can check if you have such a file for KSEA. Then check, if terminals are defined and if airlines are listed / allocated to the respective terminals. I suggest to backup the existing files, copy them and edit/modify them in order to find out if the log messages disappear.

3) log entry failed to build

• needs to be explained by TOWER expert and/or FeelThere support

4.) log entries which I cannot explain: RUNWAY CROSS ERROR

• something seems to be wrong with the runway configuration, runway taxiway apron connection (?)

But I really don't know and hope some TOWER and/or FeelThere expert can explain it.

Since you said KSEA worked already some time ago it might be worth finding out which configration works and which combinations does not work right. May be you can try another runway direction, different active/closed runway configurations. When doing so please save and post your logs. 

For easier analysis/further investigation I extracted all the log entries from your game.log which I believe might be not right.

Regards

fracasado

logged_runway_crossed_error.txt

logged_msg_invalid_value.txt

logged_msg_icao_not_found.txt.zip

logged_msg_no_terminal.txt.zip

logged_msg_airplane_dropped.txt.zip

Edited by fracasado

• 3 months later...

Has this ever been resolved? I purchased KSEA add on this weekend from amazon download and get the same results. I have no traffic inbound or outbound.

Will look at the game.log file and see what is happening but i am currently at work and thought i would take a moment to see if this was a known issue.

Edited by telnettech

I do have the Nyerges real traffic add-on. It was purchased and installed before purchasing the KSEA add-on. I will say that the KJFK is working great and it was purchased and installed at the same time as the KSEA.

Edited by telnettech

So as previous poster says there are multiple problems with KSEA add-on. FeelThere should fix the issues and allow a patch for download by customers for these issues. It is poor company policy to ask customers to fix the issues that are in your product. If the game was released as a alpha or beta (which seems to be a new business plan for game vendors now adays) that would be one thing. I purchased this game thru Amazon and would expect a completed game ready to play.

The issues are as previously stated:

1) Airport ICAO codes are missing for airports that you have listed in the schedule. There are about 13 of them to be exact. Here is what i am seeing in the game.log file

Unknow airport: ALW(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: BZN(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: EAT(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: EAT(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: EUG(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: EUG(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: FCA(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: FCA(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: KIX(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: LWS(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: MCI(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: MSO(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: MSO(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: PSC(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: PUW(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: RDM(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: RDM(IATA)   ICAO not found!
Unknow airport: YKM(IATA)   ICAO not found!

2) There are issues with the runways 16(L,C,R) and 34(L,C,R) as cross errors. Here is output from game.log file

Command window Initialized
Timetablewin Initialized
RUNWAY CROSS ERROR:
16L - 34R
RUNWAY CROSS ERROR:
34R - 16L
RUNWAY CROSS ERROR:
16C - 34C
RUNWAY CROSS ERROR:
34C - 16C
RUNWAY CROSS ERROR:
16R - 34L
RUNWAY CROSS ERROR:
34L - 16R

3) The game doesnt appear to recognize the Aprons for this airport. Here again is output from the game.log file

INVALID!  value:  Apron_north
INVALID!  value:  Apron_D
INVALID!  value:  Apron_South
INVALID!  value:  Apron_Cargo
INVALID!  value:  Apron_Ga
INVALID!  value:  Apron_d1
INVALID!  value:  Apron_B
INVALID!  value:  Apron_A1

Attached is the game.log file for you to see errors and where they happen in the building of the game.

game.rar

game.rar