The simFlight Network Forums
cgueiros

Wrong installation - my fault (answered)

As an OLD user of FSC (customer since many years ago and also 89 years old) I purchased and installed version 9.6. Rev 1 which is working satisfactorily.

Have been trying to update AIRAC but unable to locate this new version.   I still have and can find older versions which were correctly installed.

The problem is that FSC 9.6 icon shows that its location is C:/Users/My Name/Desktop and that will work to open the program but not have AIRAC locate it.

Tried to reinstall it to a driver where I can find it but the menu offers only the functions of repairing or reinstalling.

I realize I fouled up in the installation but needing to keep AIRACs updated I wonder if someone could help me out of this dilemma.

FSCommander is indispensable for me as an auxiliary to FSX and as I fly multiplayer frequently it is essential to have these updates installed.

Any assistance or orientation will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Clarindo Gueiros

Hi Clarindo,

The only solution that I recommend:
Save the following files:

\register.fsc,

\fsccolor.ini
\fsc.ini

\User\Blackbox

User\Logbook.fsc
User\aircraft.fsc
User\BuddyIvao.fsc
User\BuddyVatsim.fsc

\Flightplan\FSC

\Database\UserWP.txt

\Database\UserObj.txt

Uninstall your FSCommander!
Delete If appropriate, any existing FSCommander folder.

Please read here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/71602-important-information-on-registration-installation-and-use-of-fscommander/

this document:

http://forum.simflight.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=100780

and follow the recommendations regarding a new installation as an Administrator.

Copy back the saved files.

Regards,

Volker

Thank you very much for the assistance, Volker.

Will proceed accordingly and will be extra careful in the future in reading and following up on so clearly stated instructions.

Wish you the best.