The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jamesyboy

Ai Traffic at EGLL

Good evening Burkhard,

I observe that there is only ever 1 British Airways A380 parked at Terminal 5 at EGLL at any one time.  I use UK2000 Scenery.  I queried this with the manufacturer who advised:

"the number of A380s at T5 is not controlled by the AFD file. It will be to do with your ai program. There are enough parking spots at T5 for eight A380s".

Does anyone else have the same problem?

I wonder what the solution is?

regards.

James

Sorry Burkhard,

I also meant to query that there is no United, American, Air Canada, Qatar and now Etihad ai traffic at Edinburgh.  I wonder if this if to do with the afcad or Mytraffic 6.  Prior to Mytraffic 6, United used to arrive.  UK2000 Scenery provided an updated afcad file but it's made no difference.

Would you kindly let me know your thoughts?

Regards.

James

Hi Burkhard,

Uk2000 scenery has advised they can only add the respective parking spots and airline codes to the AFD file.  It's your AI plane package that needs to provide the planes and schedules themselves.

If this is the case, would an update be possible?

Regards.

James

Flights that do not show up mean that they have not been observed in the time the data were collected, or the data were incomplete. There is no way for me to test that on the 8000+ airports - so if somethng was broken they do not show up. Now I'm in the middle of the process to collect data for the autumn release, and manually checked that the UAL 752 from Newark and O'Hare gets reported now. But for this incremental free update, I have to rewrite the whole algorithms anyway, since the data by many sources get less and less usable. As an end user you can see as example that Flightstats.com, using most likely similar sources, no longer give the aircraft type.