The simFlight Network Forums

Error 10061 code - cannot open Wide Client connection from client to server

Good morning Peter

I have spent close to eight hours attempting to solve this issdue, but without luck. 

I have attempted to connect with and without the firewall turned on using WIN 7.  I have port 8002 open.

Everything operated perfectly, then it just stopped.  I noticed the issue when my lua call outs which are located in the Wide Client folder on the client ceased to operate.

I note that a line in the log indicates the code 10061.

I have attached the apropiate files for your perusal.  If you need addtional information please ask.

Thi is the first issure I have had concerning Wide Client

I hope you have some time spare to assist me.  Thank you,   Iain

FSUIPC4 LOG.txt

Wide Client Log.txt

FSUPIC ini.txt

Hello

Thank you for your replies and assistance.

I have checked through the network settings and I believe everything should be as it is for WIN7 – although I not an expert.   I can view files from both the client and server and several non FSUPIC programs work flawlessly.

The client PC has an IP address of 10.1.1.6 while the server PV has an IP address of 10.1.1.5.

I am uncertain why the program reads 127.0.53.53.

I have attached screenshots of my settings.  I have little doubt that the issue lies with something that has occurred during networking and appreciate any comments and help.

By the way, everyhting works perfectly unril recently, so I am unsure what jas been altered to casue Wide Client ot operate correctly.

Thanks,   Iain

post-4915-0-64344700-1437217873_thumb.gi

post-4915-0-17730300-1437217890_thumb.jp

You have name resolution problems, not address issues. You could probably tell WideClient to connect to the IP address instead of the name, or use a fully qualified host name in DNS. (If you don't know how to do the latter, do the former.)

Cheers!

Luke

Hello Luke

Thanks for the note.

I have attemped this by altering the .ini file to refer to the server's IP address which is 10.1.1.5; however, wide client does not connect.

Perhaps I am writing the incorrect sytax in the .ini file (?)   I am selecting the name of the server PC (ALPHA).  Below is the sytax I am using in the .ini file.

WIDE CLIENT .INI FILE

; PLEASE SEE WideFS documentation for parameter details
; =====================================================

[Config]
Port=8002
ServerName=ALPHA
Protocol=TCP
Window=0,0,112,27
Visible=Yes
ButtonScanInterval=20
ClassInstance=0
NetworkTiming=5,1
MailslotTiming=2000,1000
PollInterval=2000
Port2=9002
ResponseTime=18
ApplicationDelay=0
TCPcoalesce=No
WaitForNewData=500
MaxSendQ=100
OnMaxSendQ=Log
NewSendScanTime=50
Priority=3,1,2
Port=8002

; -----------------------------------------------
[user]
Log=Errors+

; ===============================================
[sounds]
Path=C:\Wide Client\Sound\
Device1=Primary Sound Driver
Device2=Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device3=Realtek Digital Output(Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device4=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Here is a copy of the log generated for the above .ini file

LOG FILE

********* WideClient Log [version 6.86] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 19/07/15, Time 14:06:25.469: Client name is AVIONICS
       63 LUA: "C:\Wide Client\Initial.LUA": not found
       63 Attempting to connect now
       63 Trying TCP/IP host "ALPHA" port 8002 ...
       63 ... Okay, IP Address = 127.0.53.53
     1092 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused
     1092 Ready to try connection again
     2137 Attempting to connect now
     3120 New Client Application: "FsRaas20" (Id=4340)
    61855 Trying TCP/IP host "ALPHA" port 8002 ...
    61855 ... Okay, IP Address = 127.0.53.53

I can see the IP address; however, I do not know how it can be changed.

Can you please tell me what I am doing incorrectly?

Thank you,   Iain

Hello Luke

I reinstalled wide client (easy to do) and flushed the IP address cache on the client computer (I had not done this before).

I then altered the .ini to read the correct IP address for the server by adding the line ServerIPaddr= xx.x.x.x. (xx being the server IP address).

I then checked the port was not blocked by the firewall - it wasn't.

Everything seems to work now and wide clinent connects with the server.  I am unsure why the issue occurred, but the log file now states that the server IP address is being read correctly. 

Thank you for your time and patience and fingers crossed the issue will not occur again.   Cheers,   Iain

Hi Luke,

I went through the above thread and was glad to see that the problem was resolved with your inputs. I am facing similar issues as well. following is the WideClient log:

********* WideClient Log [version 6.999n] Class=FS98MAIN *********
Date (dmy): 17/07/15, Time 13:25:16.797: Client name is FLIGHTSIM1-PC
       47 LUA: "C:\Users\FlightSim1\Desktop\Initial.LUA": not found
       63 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast
       63 Failed to connect: waiting to try again
     2122 Attempting to connect now
    45366 Trying to locate server: Need details from Server Broadcast

16599443 ****** End of session performance summary ******
 16599443 Total time connected = 0 seconds
 16599443 Reception maximum:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
 16599443 Transmission maximum:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
 16599443 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

16599443 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 0, Alloc 0 Freed 0 Refused 0) *********

I have changed the parameters in the .ini file, added the serverIPaddress and server name with protocol as TCP  but I am afraid the issue is not resolved.
WideClient is not connecting to the server.

I am sure I am missing out on something.

Please ask me questions/information relevant to this.

I have total 4 systems on the network (ethernet). 

FSUIP and WideFS registered on the server. networking is done with static IP having 192.168.x.x format.

I am not an expert or even anywhere close on networking and softwares, but I am sure with your input I should be able to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

cheers

Krishna

here is the latest log after specifying the IP address in the .ini configuration:

Date (dmy): 23/07/15, Time 15:15:36.287: Client name is FOPC
       63 LUA: "C:\Users\FlightSim1\Desktop\WideClient\Initial.LUA": not found
       63 Trying TCP/IP addr 192.168.1.7, port 8002 ...
     1077 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused
     1077 Ready to try connection again
     2138 Attempting to connect now
    61855 Trying TCP/IP addr 192.168.1.7, port 8002 ...

155034 ****** End of session performance summary ******
   155034 Total time connected = 0 seconds
   155034 Reception maximum:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
   155034 Transmission maximum:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
   155034 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

155034 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 0, Alloc 0 Freed 0 Refused 0) *********

cheers!!

krishna

Hi Krishna

To remove the 63 LUA: "C:\Users\FlightSim1\Desktop\WideClient\Initial.LUA": not found line, you need to include a .TXT file with the file name initial.lua.  The file does not contain any syntax and the filename is what initiates any lua scripts you have.  The file and any lua scrips are placed in your wide client .ini folder.

I will leave the rest to someone more knowledable.

Best of luck - problems such as this can be frustrating,   Iain

63 Trying TCP/IP addr 192.168.1.7, port 8002 ...
     1077 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused

That's almost certainly a firewall problem. You either need to completely disable the firewall on the FS PC, or allow port 8002 and/or WideClient.exe proper entry (never sure which it is you do -- probably depends on the firewall)..

I don't use firewalls between the PCs on my Network, only on the Router connecting everything to the outside world. I've always found it a bit of a nightmare trying to get permissions right.

BTW, since you aren't using the Broadcasts from the Server, the Client won't know which Protocol it is supposed to use, so you need to set the Protocol parameter in its INI as well as the ServerIPAddr.

Pete

To remove the 63 LUA: "C:\Users\FlightSim1\Desktop\WideClient\Initial.LUA": not found line, you need to include a .TXT file with the file name initial.lua.  The file does not contain any syntax and the filename is what initiates any lua scripts you have.  The file and any lua scrips are placed in your wide client .ini folder.

There's no point doing that. The line is NOT an error, it is just an informative line, in case you did want an initial plug-in to run and had simply spelled the filename incorrectly. Most lines in WideFS and FSUIPC logs are for information, NOT to warn of any problems! The ones telling of problems will say so.

Pete

There's no point doing that. The line is NOT an error, it is just an informative line, in case you did want an initial plug-in to run and had simply spelled the filename incorrectly. Most lines in WideFS and FSUIPC logs are for information, NOT to warn of any problems! The ones telling of problems will say so.

Pete

I stand corrected - thanks Peter,   Iain

Hi Peter,

Thanks for a quick reply.

I disabled the firewall from all the systems after reading the WideFS user guide, after writing the last post here I realized that i should have mentioned the same. 

so the firewalls are disabled. I was getting fixated on the LUA statement as well but now that you have clarified about the same, I am relieved on that. 

I am still unsure what could be cause of server not connecting to the client. I registered FSUIPC and WideFS again hoping that the same would sort out the issue but to my disappointment nothing changed.

Krishna 

I disabled the firewall from all the systems after reading the WideFS user guide, after writing the last post here I realized that i should have mentioned the same. so the firewalls are disabled.

Well, something is acting as a firewall, because error 10061 is described by Microsoft as:

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Every time this has occurred in the past it has been firewall type protection on the FS PC. I doubt yours is an exception. Check any add-on security software as well as Windows' firewall. Most anti-virus packages also add network protection.

The only other thing I know which could actively stop a connection is something already using the port (8002), but that normally gives a different error, like "timed out", because the port owner doesn't recognise WideClient. You could change the port as a test (needs parameters changed in both WideClient.INI and FSUIPC4.INI).

I registered FSUIPC and WideFS again hoping that the same would sort out the issue but to my disappointment nothing changed.

FSUIPC doesn't need registering at all for WideFS to work. If WideFS wasn't registered the Server wouldn't start and you'd see this in the FSUIPC options and in the WideServer.LOG. 

Which reminds me. You've not posted your FSUIPC4.LOG or WideServer.LOG files from the FS PC, have you? Best post them as well just to double check from that end.

Pete

Every time this has occurred in the past it has been firewall type protection on the FS PC. I doubt yours is an exception. Check any add-on security software as well as Windows' firewall. Most anti-virus packages also add network protection.

Hi Peter,

I am in the process of rechecking the server PC for anything that might be acting as a firewall and thereby causing a conflict.

Here are the FSUIPC4.log and WideServer.log files respectively for your ready reference:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.939u by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside FSX on Windows 7
Module base=62AA0000
User Name="shashank gupta"
User Addr="udaanaviation@gmail.com"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
        0 System time = 23/07/2015 16:45:11
        0 FLT UNC path = "\\PRIMARY\Users\Udaan\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
      281 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
      297 FS UNC path = "\\PRIMARY\C drive udaan pc\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
      422 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      422 --- CONTROLS timer memory location obtained ok
      422 --- SIM1 Frictions access gained
      422 --- FS Controls Table located ok
      422 --- Installed Mouse Macro hooks ok.
      422 --- Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
      422 --- G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
      422 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      422 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
     1545 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
     1545 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     1545 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     1545 \\PRIMARY\C drive udaan pc\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
     1545 \\PRIMARY\C drive udaan pc\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
     5757 \\PRIMARY\C drive udaan pc\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\a320 FMGS JH Project Airbus A320-214\pa320-cfm56-2.AIR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

********* WideServer.DLL Log [version 7.939u] *********
Blocksize guide = 8192 (double allowed)
Date (dmy): 15/07/15, Time 12:54:41.102: Server name is UDAAN-PC
    15600 Initialising TCP/IP server
    15600 Initialising UDP/IP server
    16115 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs
  1808317 Closing down now ...
Memory managed:  Offset records: 804 alloc, 803 free
Read buffer usage:  0 alloc, 0 free, max in session: 0
Write buffer usage: 0 alloc, 0 free, max in session: 0
Throughput maximum achieved:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
Throughput average achieved for complete session:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
********* Log file closed *********
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date (dmy): 15/07/15, Time 12:01:15.865: Server name is UDAAN-PC
    15631 Initialising TCP/IP server
    15631 Initialising UDP/IP server
    16130 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Krishna

The logs are okay, though the current ones are incomplete. When posting logs please close FS first, as there is useful information logged at the end, on closure. You don't need to post Logs which don't have the normal name (FSUIPC4.LOG, WideClient.LOG, WideServer.LOG). The ones with another number (1 usually) before the .LOG part are previous copies, saved in case your sim does an auto-restart on a crash (which would else destroy the possibly relevant log).

Pete

Hi Peter

Hope you doing well. I reinstalled the WideClient.exe on client stations, flushed the DNS cache, added ServerIPaddr to the .ini file and fortunately WideFS on the client stations was finally connected. this happened on friday. But today again to my disappointment the situation is back to what it was. WideFS says it is waiting for connection. I have tried everything that may have worked on friday but have not seen any success so far. following are the WideServer and WideClient logs for your reference. 

Date (dmy): 24/07/15, Time 14:49:32.550: Server name is PRIMARY
    15787 Initialising TCP/IP server
    15803 Initialising UDP/IP server
    16146 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9408) TCP
    16146 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs
    16349 Connected to computer "FOPC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=9408) TCP
    40997 Error 10053: client socket disconnected at Client: removing (skt=9408) TCP
    50794 Restarting service due to zero reception!
   181148 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=4200) TCP
   181273 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9400) TCP
   181460 Connected to computer "FOPC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=9400) TCP
   577734 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9416) TCP
   578498 Connected to computer "CAPTAIN-PC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=9416) TCP
   626516 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=8160) TCP
   633083 Connected to computer "CENTER-PC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=8160) TCP
  2936095 Error 10054: client socket disconnected at Client: removing (skt=8160) TCP
  2970852 Error 10054: client socket disconnected at Client: removing (skt=9400) TCP
  3025998 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9400) TCP
  3026310 Connected to computer "FOPC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=9400) TCP
  4551750 Error 10054: client socket disconnected at Client: removing (skt=9416) TCP
  7142880 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9752) TCP
  7143192 Connected to computer "FOPC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=9752) TCP
  7146671 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9332) TCP
  7146827 Connected to computer "CENTER-PC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=9332) TCP
  7150555 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9432) TCP
  7150665 Connected to computer "CAPTAIN-PC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=9432) TCP
  8799189 Error 10053: client socket disconnected at Client: removing (skt=9332) TCP
  8947219 Error 10054: client socket disconnected at Client: removing (skt=9752) TCP

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date (dmy): 27/07/15, Time 15:12:09.384: Client name is CENTER-PC
       47 LUA: "C:\Users\FlightSim2\Desktop\WideClient\Initial.LUA": not found
       47 Attempting to connect now
       47 Trying TCP/IP addr 192.168.1.4, port 8002 ...
     1061 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused
     1061 Ready to try connection again
     2122 Attempting to connect now

16193 ****** End of session performance summary ******
    16193 Total time connected = 0 seconds
    16193 Reception maximum:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
    16193 Transmission maximum:  0 frames/sec, 0 bytes/sec
    16193 Max receive buffer = 0, Max send depth = 0, Send frames lost = 0

16193 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 0, Alloc 0 Freed 0 Refused 0) *********
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would you please look into it and bail me out.

Thanks in advance

Krishna

Hope you doing well. I reinstalled the WideClient.exe on client statins, flushed the DNS cache, added ServerIPaddr to the .ini file and fortunately WideFS on the client stations was finally connected. this happened on friday. But today again to my disappointment the situation is back to what it was. WideFS says it is waiting for connection. I have tried everything that may have worked on friday but have not seen any success so far. following are the WideServer and WideClient logs for your reference. 

The Server log is from the 24th July whilst the Client log is from the 27th! The Server log shows some connection but with problems and no actual data transfers, the Client log shows your original firewall type rejection.

Since neither WideServer nor WideClient can re-program themselves and change their behaviour between those two dates, something else is changing on your system.

I'm afraid I have no way of identifying what that might be. And even though you say "fortunately WideFS on the client stations was finally connected. this happened on friday", from the Friday log you show above there was certainly no data connection, only problems. The Server saw the Client, but no data could be exchanged  I still believe that's a firewall or virus checker's protection sort of block.

There's no other information which can be gleaned from these logs, and I'm afraid there's no better information which can be obtained from Windows by my programs -- those errors are all it gives.

Nevertheless, in future, please show the logs from Server and Client which actually correspond with each other -- i.e. show the same session.

Pete

Good morning Peter

Hope you doing fine. After a lot of efforts, I could connect the clients to the server. However the server can only see/identify the clients but no data transfer or interaction with them. I am sending the logs from the server and one of three clients (other two client logs are identical). As per your convenience, please look into the matter.

Date (dmy): 29/07/15, Time 11:42:36.651: Server name is PRIMARY
    15787 Initialising TCP/IP server
    15787 Initialising UDP/IP server
    16036 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9468) TCP
    16146 Broadcasting service every 1000 mSecs
    16192 Connected to computer "CENTER-PC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=9468) TCP
    16286 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9476) TCP
    16551 Connected to computer "FOPC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=9476) TCP
    20732 Incoming connection Accepted ok (skt=9480) TCP
    20982 Connected to computer "CAPTAIN-PC" running WideClient version 6.999 (skt=9480) TCP
    86097 Auto send stopped before sending all data (0 of 47 sent), Error=10013 (IP=255.255.255.255) UDP
    92695 Close signalled to clients
    93787 Closing down now ...
Memory managed:  Offset records: 107 alloc, 106 free
Read buffer usage:  94 alloc, 94 free, max in session: 1
Write buffer usage: 6322 alloc, 6322 free, max in session: 1
Throughput maximum achieved:  60 frames/sec, 1739 bytes/sec
Throughput average achieved for complete session:  19 frames/sec, 535 bytes/sec
Average receive rate from "FOPC":  0 frames/sec, 17 bytes/sec
Average receive rate from "CAPTAIN-PC":  0 frames/sec, 16 bytes/sec
Average receive rate from "CENTER-PC":  0 frames/sec, 16 bytes/sec
********* Log file closed *********
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date (dmy): 29/07/15, Time 11:41:57.199: Client name is FOPC
       62 LUA: "C:\Users\FlightSim1\Desktop\WideClient\Initial.LUA": not found
       62 Attempting to connect now
       62 Trying TCP/IP addr 192.168.1.4, port 8002 ...
     1076 Error on client pre-Connection Select() [Error=10061] Connection refused
     1076 Ready to try connection again
     2137 Attempting to connect now
    61823 Trying TCP/IP addr 192.168.1.4, port 8002 ...
    76238 Connection made okay!
   146064 Received shutdown offset code = ADBC
   146064 FS closing down (param=ADBC), disconnecting

146064 ********* Interim performance summary *********
   146064 Total time connected so far = 69 seconds
   146064 Reception maximum so far:  20 frames/sec, 582 bytes/sec
   146064 Reception average whilst connected so far:  18 frames/sec, 491 bytes/sec
   146064 Transmission maximum so far:  0 frames/sec, 19 bytes/sec
   146064 Transmission average whilst connected so far:  0 frames/sec, 24 bytes/sec
   146064 Max receive buffer = 548, Max send depth = 1, Send frames lost = 0
   146064 ***********************************************
   146173 Received shutdown offset code = ADBC
   153770 Connection closed by server!
   153770 Attempting to connect now
   153770 Trying TCP/IP addr 192.168.1.4, port 8002 ...

158606 ****** End of session performance summary ******
   158622 Total time connected = 69 seconds
   158622 Reception maximum:  20 frames/sec, 582 bytes/sec
   158622 Reception average whilst connected:  18 frames/sec, 491 bytes/sec
   158622 Transmission maximum:  0 frames/sec, 19 bytes/sec
   158622 Transmission average whilst connected:  0 frames/sec, 24 bytes/sec
   158622 Max receive buffer = 548, Max send depth = 1, Send frames lost = 0

158622 ********* Log file closed (Buffers: MaxUsed 2, Alloc 1290 Freed 1290 Refused 0) *********
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Krishna

Hope you doing fine. After a lot of efforts, I could connect the clients to the server. However the server can only see/identify the clients but no data transfer or interaction with them. I am sending the logs from the server and one of three clients (other two client logs are identical). As per your convenience, please look into the matter.

This is exactly as it has always been. The Server is blocking the Client. They are never truly "connected" because you have something preventing this.

I really cannot diagnose it from here other than to tell you that. You need to find out what is blocking it and stop it.

One little thing you could try is change the protocol to UDP. If that fixes it then the problem would be the Port is being blocked or used by another program. Of course, you did try changing the port as I suggested, didn't you?

(Remember way back I said "The only other thing I know which could actively stop a connection is something already using the port (8002), but that normally gives a different error, like "timed out", because the port owner doesn't recognise WideClient. You could change the port as a test (needs parameters changed in both WideClient.INI and FSUIPC4.INI."?)

The only disadvantages of UDP are that it is unchecked and not ordered. If a frame gets an error it isn't automatically repeated, and frames can get out of sequence. For many things (eg driving moving maps or instrumentation) neither of these problems matter. UDP is actually faster because of the absence of a lot of the checking and red tape associated with TCP.

Pete

One little thing you could try is change the protocol to UDP. If that fixes it then the problem would be the Port is being blocked or used by another program. Of course, you did try changing the port as I suggested, didn't you?

I changed the protocol to UDP but sadly no change is the status- it shows connected as earlier but not truly "connected" as you mentioned in the last post.

Then I changed the port to 8003( protocol was kept as UDP), in this case not even the connection was established.

How can I find out the ports and also which one is free.

Kindly assist me with this basic issue.

Thanks

Then I changed the port to 8003( protocol was kept as UDP), in this case not even the connection was established.

Did you change it at both ends -- [WideServer] section in the FSUIPC4.INI file and in the Wideclient.INI. If not there's no chance!

How can I find out the ports and also which one is free.

Sorry, I don't know. I'm sure there's a utility which can tell you, but we'd need to search. Can you use Google?

Pete