The simFlight Network Forums

Tower has stopped working since windows 10 upgrade

usrrf14

I recently reinstalled my tower MP edition after updating to windows 10. It worked well for around 5 times before saying tower has stopped working immediately after I click run as administrator. The only thing different to the other times I have used it is windows 10 so could this be a compatibility issue? I have attached my event viewer log and game log.

Event log

Faulting application name: Tower.exe, version: 1.0.0.5, time stamp: 0x5076cfd4
Faulting module name: igd10iumd32.dll, version: 10.18.10.4252, time stamp: 0x55a0659a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003994a
Faulting process ID: 0x1fc4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0d2821500ca93
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\FeelThere\Tower! 2011\Tower.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\igd10iumd32.dll
Report ID: f03979df-4a07-4970-bc4d-9794b7130cfa
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Game log

Program started at: 2015. 8. 9.  /  09:14:45
-----------------------------------------------------
settings mgr init
profile mgr init
menu_start
TGA mgr init
Init 3d win
WinVersion: Microsoft Professional, 64-bit
Tower! 2011            version: 4.777.955

Win 10 was just released last week. We need to understand a bit more if a) Tower is compatible if not then a) we can easily fix it and release a patch b) possibly focus on the next version of Tower and make sure that will be compatible with Win 10. Tower was released in 2011 so soon it will be 6 years old :)

• 1 month later...

Hey all. Ok, so I have not purchased Tower or TRACOn yet because of the win 10 upgrade/compatability. I also read where u mentioned that u may be working on a newer version. I am really interested in the game but I dont want to purchase now and then u have an updated version etc. Should I wait and if so how long will it be for the newer version. Ive read where some are running the games with no problems and yet others are. Bummer when u find something you like and win 10 upgrade comes along and well u know what Im saying. Any advise from developers who answer questions on the forum would really be appreciated. I am not real techy about working with files etc. I always hope that a download of a game is smooth etc. Waiting to hear from u I did leave a response to my question about the sdk 5.1 in case you read this post. Thx all