The simFlight Network Forums
Jet Pro

My Traffic 6 causes FSXSE to crash

Hello,

I bought my traffic 6 and ever since then i have been flying in hawaiia and been recieving the error message Microsoft Flight SImulator has stopped working. The game freezes up and i have to stut the game off. Now i have been using FSXSE on my new computer for anput 60 hours and never got this error until i bought this product. It seems to most;y happen when I am departing out of Kahului airport runway 2 going west towards HNL (LAT: N21°1.03° LON: W156° 34.11°), but also happens while I am in mid fight between the islands. Please help me so I can start enjoying FSX again!  

Thanks

Thats bad news. Did you install the patch? Which traffic density settings do you have? At which local time does it happen? This might help to try if anybody can repeat the problem.

Thats bad news. Did you install the patch? Which traffic density settings do you have? At which local time does it happen? This might help to try if anybody can repeat the problem.

I just installed the software and I don't think I downloaded a patch. Where would I find it? Also my traffic settings are in the mid 30's (don't know the exact number because I'm not at my computer right now) and it seems to be crashing at all times of day.

I recommend that you make a backup copy of MyTrafficCommercial.bgl ( just rename it to MyTrafficCommercial.bgl.copy) before you install and then try out. 99,9% of what FSX does in undocumented, so it is very hard to predict if it gets bettwe or worse in your case.