The simFlight Network Forums

Hello,

Please forgive me if this has already been published.  I tried to do an exhaustive search on the topics, but couldn't find the answers I am looking for.  I have also read the latest documentation.  I have MyTraffic 6 coupled with a stand alone flight simulator FSX-SE.  In addition, this is my first experience using a traffic add-on.  I have some traffic, when flying and sometimes I have static traffic at my home airport (KCEU - which is a very small rural county airport) and I assume the environment is working correctly, but I do have some nagging questions on how to use MyTraffic 6.  

My questions are as follows:

1-  I do not subscribe to any of the payware services (MyTraffic Live or UT2) to download their updated schedules; therefore, I assume that I should then use the Spring 2015, Autumn 2012 or one of the historic static schedules to populate my air traffic within FSX-SE.  Is this correct and are there any other options for "free" traffic offered that I did not mention?  If no, can you please explain what is incorrect?

2-  Assuming I am accurate on nbr 1 above, once the download is done, do I have to re-download each time I start FSX-SE?  My thinking here is once the traffic files are created, there is no need to download again unless I want one of the other schedules, correct?

3-  Assuming I am accurate on nbr 1 above, do I have to open MyTraffic 6 every time I start FSX...unless I want to add static aircraft through MyTraffic Interactive or download a different schedule?  My presumptive answer to this question is no, but so many add-ons require starting in order to inject their particular objects, etc. into the simulator.

Again, please forgive me if these questions have already been answered in a previous post or if I somehow overlooked these subjects in the documentation.

Thanks, for your help!

1- this is correct. The next free incremental update is intended to bring summer 2015 schedules.

2- you download nothing, the communicator just allows you to copy files from your hard disk into a folder used by FSX

3- Unless you want to program schedules yourself, you don't need anything, FSX just will load the MyTraffic schedules insteadof its own fantasy airlines.

Just start the UT2 tool as usual, and using the Communicator select the schedules which are intended to be used together with UT2 - which conatin the about 1300 airlines only which are missing in UT2.

Just start the UT2 tool as usual, and using the Communicator select the schedules which are intended to be used together with UT2 - which conatin the about 1300 airlines only which are missing in UT2.

What is "UT2 tool", do you mean UltimateTraffic2.exe?

Thanks,