The simFlight Network Forums
Dirk98

Switching to use UT2 aircraft models and schedules?

Hello,

I'm using side-by-side installation of MT6 and UT2. I have a custom AI collection in UT2 and updated schedules. However I don't like simconnect AI traffic, so I'd like to use MT6 only. I know how to disable UT2, but I have no idea how to make MT6 use UT2 aircraft models and database/schedules. Could you please help me on where to start with it?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I guess I should dig MyTrafficInteractive for the beginning, but when I run it I always get this message:

Failed to read MyAirportsshort.dat file

What am I supposed to do to fix it?

Thanks.

What you want is the MyTraffic Flightplan Editor.

You should be able to find a link to the editor in the MyTraffc folder in the Start menu.  Mine has the IE symbol next to it.

There is also a comprehensive HTML manual for the editor on your hard drive within the MyTraffic\Manual folder, titled "MyTraffic_X_Editor_Manual".

Unfortunately I can't be of help with your MyTraffic Interactive issue, other to suggest you try it from MyTraffic Communicator to see if he same thing happens.

BTW, UT2 and MyTraffic use entirely different methods of generating and pushing the schedule out to FSX.

UT2 uses a database and pushes the flight data to FSX through SimConnect.  MyTraffic uses the "traditional"  BGL approach.   Also, UT2 flights have waypoints between the airports so aircraft fly a more realistic route in UT2.  MyTraffic flights follow the FSX convention of airport to airport direct.

I'm not saying that you can't use the UT2 flightplan data, but you first have to get it into a BGL format,  That means extracting it from the UT2 database and organizing it into a file that can be entered into MyTraffic.

It's much easier to convert BGL to UT2 format because of the UT2 Power Pack application, which facilitates the conversion.  I'm not aware of a similar application for UT2 -> BGL conversion, although one may exist.

Moving aircraft between the two applications is much simpler,.  However, be aware that while UT2 automatically generates the aircraft registration numbers, MyTraffic requires that you specify a list to be used with each aircraft.

I'm a dual UT2 / MyTraffic user also, I like MyTraffic for the completeness of commercial/cargo traffic, but prefer UT2 for general aviation because of the ease of adding ga aircarft through its repaint feature. 

airernie, thanks for your time explaining the concept, I have better understanding now.

I think UT2 can export schedules in txt format with Power Pack.

Dirk.

@Dirk

All FSX SDK Tools require the DOT . to be the decimal separator, if you have another one change it to use MyTraffic Interactive. 

@Dirk

All FSX SDK Tools require the DOT . to be the decimal separator, if you have another one change it to use MyTraffic Interactive. 

My OS is set to US English, including the DOT as a decimal separator. 

So I still need your help to sort out the problem with "Failed to read MyAirportsshort.dat file"  at the launch of MyTraffic Interactive.

Thanks,

Burkhard, when does MyAirportsshort.dat file get created first time? With the installation of MTX6 before launching it for the first time?

Thanks,