The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rodrigo Gomes Flores

strange airline names and numbers

I enjoyed very much this program and always use My Traffic in my FSX flights.

I have a couple of questions. Flying in south of Brazil sometimes I hear on ATC an airline called "Grande", but I am sure it does not exists an airline with this name. Other one, flying in this are, is something like called "Big Island" or something that does not exist either. 

Also I heard "Korean 0" from the ATC. Is there flight numer zero for commercial flights?

Thank you.

It would be rather 'out of patch', but "BIG ISLE" is the callsign for Big Island Air of Hawaii: http://www.bigislandair.com/

"GRANDE" was Rio Grande Air of New Mexico, but they seem to have ceased to exist... http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/stories/2004/06/21/daily11.html

You wouldn't normally have a "zero" identifier for a flight, but it's not impossible - an identifier can be anything the company wants within reason. What I would suggest is opening the FSX ATC window and checking to see exactly what is being said, because it should all be listed there.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Kenmore Air are a bush operation in the Pacific Northwest USA and Canada - they'll be showing up because FSX uses the default Kenmore Cessna Caravan and Beaver floatplane as "generic" GA aircraft. http://www.kenmoreair.com/

Kruger Air I'm not sure about either. Maybe Burkhard can help with that one?

Ian P.

Can you identify which type it is? It is not an Airline present in MyTraffic, but I remember it was a call sign from Congo or another cargo Operator from Africa.

"Kruger Air" was the callsign of MK Airlines, a cargo operator from Ghana, later registered in the UK. They ceased operation meanwhiles, so I should remove them from actual schedules for the next version.

Is this with the 6.0a update? I checked and cannot see it, but it may well be that it is a paint of a General Aviation Aircraft or whatever - without more detail it is very hard to find. All I could see is at very high density settings a Jetstar 31 from Mocambique, no idea where this comes from, should not resp. be extremely suppressed - but sometimes such things happen in real life too if you ever spent a while spotting.

"Kruger Air" was the callsign of MK Airlines, a cargo operator from Ghana, later registered in the UK. They ceased operation meanwhiles, so I should remove them from actual schedules for the next version.

Don't forget to get rid of US Airways.  ;-)

They flew their last flight today:

http://www.wptv.com/news/national/the-last-us-airways-flight-ever-takes-off-friday

Of course I'm just kidding, since it will take some time to repaint all the aircraft in real life with the AA livery.