The simFlight Network Forums

Dark airport daylight top-down image

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to Tower 2011, but much experience in graphic editors and desktop IT apps generally.

I am playing with the idea of creating my own custom airport - help documentation is good and I can see what I have to do.

As an 'experiment' I've taken a rough Google screen shot of a trial airport, saved it as a .tga through Gimp just to see if it loads in the airfield editor. It's fine except the airfield editor display of my .tga is very, very dark - far too dark to use really.

Is there something obvious I should be doing prior to saving my .tga to resolve this?

BTW I haven't created any of the other supporting files yet (shadows, terrain etc.)

Regards

Graham

Windows 7 Ultimate

In the editor there is a slider above the "Time Speed" dropdown box on the right side control panel, try moving that slider and see if it makes a difference.

If you have entered a GMT offset, you need to move the slider to a daylight hour.

Hope that fixes it.

Gareth

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I'd already played with that feature but with no effect.

I think I've worked out what's going on here. It seems that all top down images are generally displayed quite dark. I've checked this by loading some of the pre-installed airfield graphics, and they are all quite dark.

I'm assuming this is just a standard presentation feature, presumably to provide reasonable contrast for placing runways, road, taxiways etc.

I'm happy that this is normal and I can work with it this way.

Regards

Graham