The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SirPres

Prepar3D version 3

There are really two questions that you should be asking:

1. Is MyT 6 compatible with Prepar3d V3?

2. Is it legal to use My T 6 with Prepar3d V3 or does the My T 6 license limit it use to FSX, FSX-SE and P3d up to and including version 2.5.

I can't answer question 2, as that is up to Burkhard, obviously. But the My T 6 installer is very flexible and by default it installs outside the core P3d folders, so it already complies with LM's installation requirements. One would have to add the proper entries to scenery.cfg and simobjects.cfg, but that procedure is similar to that used to install My T 6 into P3d 2.5. 

As to question 1, I can find no evidence in LM's change log that they altered how P3d handles AI traffic approach in the move from versions 2.5 to 3. But you never know until you try.

My schedule definitvely is full until years end, so I will install P3D V3 in January or February. No comment about it until than.

The legal question is clear, yes you may use it with any sim based on FSX.

If anybody has experience with V3.0, please report so in the P3D sub Forum.

** Oops, I should have posted this in the P3D subforum, feel free to move it if you feel it's more useful there Burkhard. **

Thank you for the kind permission to also use MT in P3D v3 Burkhard!

Have only had time to take a quick look, but fundamentally it seems to work OK.

MT6_P3D3_zpsoj5plqql.jpg

All I did was add the MT vehicle folder to "simobjects.cfg" and add the MT scenery folder to scenery library. And disabled the stock "trafficaircraft.bgl" to get rid of Orbit, Pacifica et al..

The new error checker is relentless, however. None of the errors are fatal, but there sure are a lot of them. It stops logging after 1000 errors (so OK, it's not totally relentless ...). I have attached my error log just for fun. :)

ContentErrorLog.txt

** Oops, I should have posted this in the P3D subforum, feel free to move it if you feel it's more useful there Burkhard. **

MT6_P3D3_zpsoj5plqql.jpg

All I did was add the MT vehicle folder to "simobjects.cfg" and add the MT scenery folder to scenery library. And disabled the stock "trafficaircraft.bgl" to get rid of Orbit, Pacifica et al..

The new error checker is relentless, however. None of the errors are fatal, but there sure are a lot of them. It stops logging after 1000 errors (so OK, it's not totally relentless ...). I have attached my error log just for fun. :)

MT6_P3D3_zpsoj5plqql.jpg

I get these error messages as well.  But, they don't affect the way the sim operates.  I sure can't go back and fix 1000 errors!

Well the messages don't do any harm, you can turn the error logging off if you want.

The logging is very useful however, to help pinpoint 3rd party issues.

Many of the errors in the P3D error logs are repeat errors so it's unlikely all need to be fixed, just a subset.  However, with that said, some of the errors maybe harmless, some are not and can induce stutters and other odd issues in P3D.  It's a VERY useful tool to have ... in many cases the errors are relatively simple to fix by end users and hope 3rd party will address them also.

It does have a weakness, it does indeed stop reporting after 1000 errors ... there could be other important errors ... so it's good to fix the listed errors as that will allow more errors to be report (if any more exist that weren't shown because of the 1000 error count cap).

It's a good tool to have so I wouldn't totally ignore it.

Cheers, Rob.

Burkhardt, that was a pretty cold put down to your loving customers.   You'll get around to it next year some time!

In a free market I am tempted to say, whichever utility gets there first gets my money.

I worked many thousand hours to get P3D V2 supported, and have planned my time for the next months to get this free update out now - there is no free hour left.  

That is good news - only if I start to support it I have to go through a complete test cycle, which takes more than one month full time, if nothing needs to be changed.

Traffic is working but Unable to get callsigns working - only get the very few defaults such as United and American the rest the ATC only says flight number not Airline.  

The aircraft.cfg for each plane is present in the mytraffic\aircraft\plane(eg. a319mx) folder.  

My USEnglishBig.gvp is 210,972kb.

My Airlines.cfg file only has the defaults

Airwave
World Travel
Gaia
Orbit
Soar
Landmark
Pacifica
Global Freightways
American Pacific
Emerald Harbor Air
Air Force

I tried installing MT6 into FSX:SE (which i dont use) but got the same issue with ATC Airline readout (FSXSE airlines.cfg and .bvp same as above in P#Dv3)...

Help please :: :neutral:

Traffic is working but Unable to get callsigns working - only get the very few defaults such as United and American the rest the ATC only says flight number not Airline.  

The aircraft.cfg for each plane is present in the mytraffic\aircraft\plane(eg. a319mx) folder.  

Airwave
World Travel
Gaia
Orbit
Soar
Landmark
Pacifica
Global Freightways
American Pacific
Emerald Harbor Air
Air Force

I tried installing MT6 into FSX:SE (which i dont use) but got the same issue with ATC Airline readout (FSXSE airlines.cfg and .bvp same as above in P#Dv3)...

My USEnglishBig.gvp file is the same size as yours and I hear some airlines but just numbers for some.  Maybe it was always this way and I just didn't notice it in 2.5.  I believe that the list in Airlines.cfg just populates the drop-down list when selecting an aircraft.

Airwave
World Travel
Gaia
Orbit
Soar
Landmark
Pacifica
Global Freightways
American Pacific
Emerald Harbor Air
Air Force

Were you previously using EditVoicePack?  The only way I know of to increase callsigns.  Its P3D compatible now also!

all, my findings are things work fine except for the lights, but only on certain mt6 aircraft.

the a320 seems to be perfect:

a320%20light_zpszkgsvd0c.jpg

however any other mt6 aircraft doesnt have the lights visable, in comparison to the mt6 a320 and the standard p3d v3 lights:

lights_zpstvkxrg29.jpg

can you guide me of how to replicate the a320 lights on all other mt6 aircraft?

thanks

ollie

MyTraffic is functioning as it should in P3D v3 for me. The lights are hit and miss. That was less noticeable before LM fixed the AI lights at a distance. I read some of your earlier posts about the effect of adding lights to AI aircraft. You did mention that you had put them in the body of the plane. Could you explain that when you get a moment? I assume that is not available to the user. If so, OK. I find the AI kinda glow in the sky. I read that the use of shockwave lights didn't get rid of the glow here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/339286-ai-landing-lights-necessary-files-to-make-it-work/

It appears the last poster modified the halo.bmp. Is that an option? Or will it affect all other light sources in the sim.

Also wanted to ask again about mytraffic live. I really miss that. Any idea on reintroduction?

Thanks for having a look at this.

It's strange as if you use ut2, the lights are great in p3d v3 but the schedules are out of date, theres no cargo and the traffic dissappear for me on long hauls.

Rubbish imho.

If you can help us get the p3d v3 lights any good this will be perfect

To add to Ollie's post - is there anything we can do to help to modify the lights on each of the aircraft Burkhard? May be easier that you taking this on alone...

Just to summarize how I see the situation with lights in P3D:

There are two ways to add lights to an AI plane, either in the config file or in the model.

Lights in the config file seem to be visible most of the times, unfortunately they get tracked all over the reality bubble. If we add 8 lights per model this way, every light makes a draw call. The most important rule of addon design is that the number of drawcalls in a scene NEVER may exceed 1500. Even if we allow half of this to AI aircraft lights (so as mauch as for everything else that you see), this limits the number of AI aircraft per reality bubble ( 360x360 km approx) to 100 - about a tenth of what is needed in the Eastern US or Europe or Japan/China. Therefore, config lights are no option for AI.

Lights in the model are handled by P3D since version 2.4 in a non reproducable way. Sometimes they are only displayed together with the nearest LOD model (where they are attached indeed), sometimes they appear as long as the model is visible (the visibility distance for aircraft is 7-8 miles). Definitvely this is sometimes breaking the compatibility of P3D to FSX. Support of P3D, which is a niche product, is only possible as long as it is compatible to FSX and FSX SE.