The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6.0a public beta

Good evening Burkhard,

Some more observations,

Since the update I see lots of Aerolíneas Argentinas Boeing 737 aircraft at Singapore Airport, WSSS, which should simply not be there.

Where have the BA and virgin Atlantic B787's gone?

I note it has changed [presume the afcad] at KLAX for example as I no longer have many heavies at the gates which were there previously.

Regards.

James

I can't get this file to update MyTraffic 6.0 Pro.   Ran the Beta exe from inside the C: MyTraffic Professional Folder and get no 2015 Summer Schedule and Communicator still says Ver. 6.0.   I noticed there's a "Myt 6.0a" file along side a "Myt 6.0" file after running the installer.  So I am totally confused as to what is going on.

C.

So you installed properly. 

What does this mean? I just stated that the update has been installed properly, yes you habe the 6.0 database and the 6.0a database, so no reason for any confusion.

@jamesboy, could you make a screen shot, I checked and see no Argentina at Singapore.

BA 788 go to Austin, Chennai, Incheon, Toronto, Saudi Arabia, Hyderabad, Philadelphia, Chengdu.

Yes I see them too now in the high ( > 50%) settings. Should not be there, the LAM JS31 is easy to fix it no longer flies :lol: No idea currently how a single type can go wrong, in the database all looks normal.

You can downlaod another beta from

http://www.fsrail.com/MTXU60abeta3.exe

Just install it as the earlier one, overwriting the old one. Changes mainly are a fix for the wrong aircraft which have been observed as WSSS, documentation update, Communicator update.

I added a few routines for P3D V3 support, but could not test it yet myself, please somebody could test if P3D V3 can be localized, and the correct simobjects config is read.

1th feedback: comunicator function "Localize P3dv3" don´t dind anything. IF i put "Localize P3dv2" it finds my p3dv3 folder. Will investigate more.

I installed the http://www.fsrail.com/MTXU60abeta3.exe, It localize P3D V2 still fine, but I add to localize 3D V3 manually.

After that it found the simobjects.cfg and was able to add the Mytraffic entry, but the view scenery.cfg is still grey and so I can't click on it.

When I restart the communicator, I still have to click on localize P3d V3 before having the manage simobjects.cfg avalable.

Burk,

Localize P3d V3 initially gives a blank entry box, but once I type in the correct path to the V3 folder, it does save it for the next run of the Communicator. In the long run, the Communicator should probably get the V3 folder location from the Windows x64 registry, which is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SetupPath

The traffic bgl checks for V3 should be easy, since they rely on BAT files.

Jay

@yansolo74: You refer to P3D V3?

Yes   :)

In P3D V2, adding an entry.9 in simobjects.cfg is ok, but in P3D V3 I already have 9 entries, so I had to change the MyTraffic entry from entry.9 to entry.10.

Edited by yansolo74

You'll find recommendations here anywhere from 25% to 50% for the commercial traffic slider. But, the higher you go, the more the performance of the sim will degrade. This decline in performance has nothing to do directly with MyT 6, but rather that in both FSX and P3d, the CPU is heavily taxed by AI traffic. Fly into a large metropolitan area (lots of building autogen which also a CPU "killer") with multiple international airports (heavy AI traffic) and you will experience reduced frame rates and also a higher likelihood of stuttering.

One option is to use the freeware Traffic Optimizer:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/451383-traffic-optimizer-for-fsxp3d/

The TO will limit the number of AI aircraft within the user's "reality bubble". If you set the limit to 50, when you fly over a rural area and there are 50 AI aircraft in the bubble, you will see all 50. But when you fly into a big urban area and there are 200 aircraft within the bubble, you will still only see 50 as the TO will delete 150. This approach limits the variability in the load on the CPU. The TO also has exclusions for your departure and arrival airports.

You'll find recommendations here anywhere from 25% to 50% for the commercial traffic slider. But, the higher you go, the more the performance of the sim will degrade. This decline in performance has nothing to do directly with MyT 6, but rather that in both FSX and P3d, the CPU is heavily taxed by AI traffic. Fly into a large metropolitan area (lots of building autogen which also a CPU "killer") with multiple international airports (heavy AI traffic) and you will experience reduced frame rates and also a higher likelihood of stuttering.

One option is to use the freeware Traffic Optimizer:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/451383-traffic-optimizer-for-fsxp3d/

The TO will limit the number of AI aircraft within the user's "reality bubble". If you set the limit to 50, when you fly over a rural area and there are 50 AI aircraft in the bubble, you will see all 50. But when you fly into a big urban area and there are 200 aircraft within the bubble, you will still only see 50 as the TO will delete 150. This approach limits the variability in the load on the CPU. The TO also has exclusions for your departure and arrival airports.

Great--thanks for the recommendations.

Since the beta i have the old odd error with ntdll, only in the area around california North east! Today i went back to MT 6 and the first official patch! i will test this tonight!

Have had nothing special installed in this area, only monterey from orbx, but never had some problems with this scenery!

2015 schedule

sliders at 25/5

Cheers

Max

Is this standalone software or does it need the previous version to install (I ask because I just did a re-install of Windows 7 and am starting from scratch).  Thank you.

Hi

New to MT6 which I purchased on Nov 1. I have manually installed it into P3Dv3 using the instructions from a previous thread.  I want to install the 6a beta and read in this thread about ' localizing ' MT6.  What does this mean?  Not quite sure what the communicator is suppose to do as I have only P3Dv3?