The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6.0a public beta

A new and hopefully last version of the beta is available under

www.fsrail.com/MTXU60abeta4.zip

It now contains a Communicator that should be able to handle P3D V3 correctly, plus some more minor changes due to user feedback.

Please unzip to the MyTraffic Professional Folder and follow the instructions in the included manual. The major content of the update can also be found in that manual. Please use it and report if there are any crashes to be observed, otherwise I plan for a release around the weekend.

Hi Mr. Burkhard, thanks for the new beta. Maybe a foolish question but in the zip besides the .EXE and the PDF file there is a "MyTraffic" folder. Is that to be installed too? The PDF don´t mention this folder. Thanks!

Sorry, there is no change on the models - any change on a single model is several days of work - so any change on all 500 models means many years of exclusive work if you are happy with now new paints no new airports no new schedules - if the incompatibilty of P3D V3 to FSX can be fixed at all without performance drop.

I'm running My Traffic 6 professional but have not installed any patch or beta since release. Which do I download and install?

He did say before that the beta includes the patch. I have only installed the patch, and will install the 6.0a release

on top of my installation. I think that's how it should work.

Hi Burkhard,

P3D V3 has new SDK see quoted. it has a line about AI traffic

SDK and SimConnect Updates
  • The ATC, Menu System, and InfoGen support third-party skinning through the Scaleform SDK
  • SimConnect_WeatherRequestCloudState now returns correct range of values
  • Fixed bug with SimConnect_AIReleaseControl not fully releasing control of AI
  • Enhanced ISimObject property management
  • Additional improvements to path configuration files to support third party developers
  • Multiple configuration files added to support the path configuration system
  • Added command line parameters for developers to add or remove additional paths to core content
  • Sample projects updated to use Visual Studio 2013
  • SetupAcesRoot.ms script added back to 3dsMax SDK
  • Fixed incorrect Learning Center scenario names in documentation
  • Cameras can now be attached to model attach points
  • Base scenery can now be overridden without being deleted
  • DLL.xml can now be modified through command line
  • Scenery.cfg now supports command line activate and deactivate operations
  • Added Weather System PDK allowing developers to set weather related settings and interface with weather station data
  • Updated Learning Center descriptions for goals and mission objective SimConnect enumerations
  • XToMDL tool now displays exceptions more clearly
  • Updated carrier documentation
  • Restructured Add-Ons documentation
  • Added function to CabDir tool to strip trailing slashes or quotes from end of path
  • Corrected how up events and up/down data are returned when using SimConnect_MapInputEventToClientEvent with joystick buttons and POV hats
  • Added new blend mode for instrument panels to better support HUDs.

Blessings

Duncan

Has anyone installed the latest beta? Is everything going OK? I'm sure Burkhard is looking for comments, since he said he's releasing it this weekend.

Good evening Burkhard,

With regard to the latest version of the Beta, I have run th application as per the instructions. But, I wonder if I need to also install what is in the file folder.

Please advise.

I haven't installed the beta yet, but maybe you could check and see if the files in the new folder have also been installed in your original MyTraffic folder. It seems like that could be the case. I'm not sure why the file folder is also created by the beta.

Yes, I had the same issues. I removed the MT6a and went back to MT6.

Saw where the beta is now at MTXU60abeta3, so when I went to download it, was advised, "the file was not found on this server"

Does this mean it has been pulled and being updated?

Anyway, still work in progress and good to see Burkhard still developing his great program.

I thought this was the latest beta:

www.fsrail.com/MTXU60abeta4.zip

Thanks scnrfrq...I  did not see this one... Will download after midnight tonight when my download limits are increased.

I installed the beta, and still am not seeing the new American Airlines paints instead of the old US Airways paints. At Charlotte, NC, a US Airways hub, I still see all US Airways paints, not American. I have chosen the Summer, 2015 schedules. Did I miss something?

I haven't installed the beta yet, but maybe you could check and see if the files in the new folder have also been installed in your original MyTraffic folder. It seems like that could be the case. I'm not sure why the file folder is also created by the beta.

I have now installed the update, and it looks to me like the new MyTraffic folder created does contain all the same files as the installer puts in your current MyTraffic folder. Still don't know why we need the new folder then?

Which new folder? The update is intended to replace about 300 files and to add another 300 new ones, but the structure should not change? Is the installation instruction that comes with the update not clear enough, or what does happen?

In the BETA ZIP file there is an .EXE file "MTXU60abeta4.exe", an instruction PDF file and a Folder called "MyTraffic" witch has 574 files. The question is what to do with this last "folder". I assumed it was put in the BETA by mistake and i just ignored it. Just ran the EXE file inside the zip.

I still am not seeing the new American Airlines paints instead of the old US Airways paints on the Airbuses. At Charlotte, NC, a US Airways hub, I still see all US Airways paints, not American. I have chosen the Summer, 2015 schedules. Did I miss something?

I checked at Charlotte, all the Airbus and the CRJ9 have American colours, only the CRJ2 and E170s I see in US Airways colors.

I checked at Charlotte, all the Airbus and the CRJ9 have American colours, only the CRJ2 and E170s I see in US Airways colors.

OK, must be something different for me. I see all US Airways and only a couple American. I chose the Summer, 2015 schedules from Communicator and then Fly Now in FSX. Do I have to pick a date in the summer in FSX for it to work?

For MyTraffic 6, I installed the patch awhile ago, and then the beta 6.0a a few days ago.