The simFlight Network Forums
Burkhard

MyTraffic 6.0a public beta

I tried the 1965 schedules at 100% traffic. I went to KERI in PA, no planes. At KRSW in FL, I only saw one Eastern 727, and a black DC-3?. At KTDW Detroit, no planes at all. At JFK, there were quite a few Eastern and Pan Am planes. Why the differences at each airport?

I tried the 1965 schedules at 100% traffic. I went to KERI in PA, no planes. At KRSW in FL, I only saw one Eastern 727, and a black DC-3?. At KTDW Detroit, no planes at all. At JFK, there were quite a few Eastern and Pan Am planes. Why the differences at each airport?

I investigated the black DC-3's a little more. It appears the DC-3's are black for all airlines. I have verified Eastern, Braniff, and TWA are all black. Looking at the texture folders for the DC-3's, there is only a prop blurred file in them, no actual texture files. Maybe these were missed in the develoment of 6.0a?

I've attached a screenshot of the black Braniff DC-3, at KHZY in Ohio at 8/14/15 at 6:49 PM.

post-11696-0-42931900-1450178578_thumb.j

I investigated the black DC-3's a little more. It appears the DC-3's are black for all airlines. I have verified Eastern, Braniff, and TWA are all black. Looking at the texture folders for the DC-3's, there is only a prop blurred file in them, no actual texture files. Maybe these were missed in the develoment of 6.0a?

I've attached a screenshot of the black Braniff DC-3, at KHZY in Ohio at 8/14/15 at 6:49 PM.

I fixed the black DC-3's by copying the DC3MX folder from my old MyTraffic 5.4c install to the new 6.0a Aircraft folder. Once I did this, all the correct DC-3 paints appeared. So it is confirmed that the DC-3 textures were left out of 6.0a and need to be added.

I fixed the black DC-3's by copying the DC3MX folder from my old MyTraffic 5.4c install to the new 6.0a Aircraft folder. Once I did this, all the correct DC-3 paints appeared. So it is confirmed that the DC-3 textures were left out of 6.0a and need to be added.

Great find scnrfrq. Did you you need the TrafficDatabasebuilder to be working to use historic schedule? or is this only for mucking about with schedules?

Great find scnrfrq. Did you you need the TrafficDatabasebuilder to be working to use historic schedule? or is this only for mucking about with schedules?

I always copy it into my MyTraffic folder, just in case. Doesn't hurt anything and it's there if you need it.

I always copy it into my MyTraffic folder, just in case. Doesn't hurt anything and it's there if you need it.

Yes, I also had the same thought that if there, it should make things work if required and not hurt if not required.

How is everyone doing using the beta? Any other issues appear? Burkhard must be very busy, since he's not on much. Probably the more feedback the better for him to see, so he can release the final 6.0a soon hopefully.

How is everyone doing using the beta? Any other issues appear? Burkhard must be very busy, since he's not on much. Probably the more feedback the better for him to see, so he can release the final 6.0a soon hopefully.

I provided Burk with a list a small number of livery textures that have gone missing for some reason in beta4. Else, the beta seems to work well in FSX-SE and P3d V3.

Yes indeed I'm very busy, the missing types from jan's post I could identify and fix the reasons, next to the DC3 now, which should not be changed by 6.0a, so the Problem must be in 6.0 also? Have to check... Most of the finds I get now from the public beta must date back very Long, one I identified to be in MyTraffic since 5.0 in 2007 :)

Well, after more flying with 6.0a, I'm now getting crashes when exiting FSX. The file involved is ai_player.dll. I never got these crashes before. I see also that crashes were occurring with this file with other users last spring when MT 6 was released. What is the fix for this?

There is no fix to this but to run tests until either

- there is a situation and setting that can be repeated by other users so that it can be identified

- or it dissapears by itself.

I sometimes had such crashes with FSX Accelaration, doing the same Situation with FSX SE went fine, but also vice versa. It often helps to pull the MyTraffic\aircraft Folder out of the MyTraffic structure, restart FSX, end it, move the Folder back and no Crash - so something to do with the internal bookkeeping of FSX maybe.

There is no fix to this but to run tests until either

- there is a situation and setting that can be repeated by other users so that it can be identified

- or it dissapears by itself.

I sometimes had such crashes with FSX Accelaration, doing the same Situation with FSX SE went fine, but also vice versa. It often helps to pull the MyTraffic\aircraft Folder out of the MyTraffic structure, restart FSX, end it, move the Folder back and no Crash - so something to do with the internal bookkeeping of FSX maybe.

At this point if I End Flight and go back to the opening screen before signing out seems to stop the crashes on exit. I will try your suggestion if I still have problems later.

At this point if I End Flight and go back to the opening screen before signing out seems to stop the crashes on exit. I will try your suggestion if I still have problems later.

I have always signed out this way...End flight, then close program. Apparently, it is to do some thing with the log book. By ending the flight first, when it returns to the splash screen, it updates the log book and closes the many registers it has open. If you just close out, then some times FSX is not happy.

The DC3 textures were already missing in 6.0 all the time, nobody noticed :) So we really are at a high Level of testing now.

A next and hopefully last version of the beta is under

www.fsrail.com/MTXU60abeta5.zip

Please download and install as before and as instructed in the attached readme. I hope to find the time to build the final product over the holiday season now - unless there are Crash reports during flights which are reproducable.

The DC3 textures were already missing in 6.0 all the time, nobody noticed :) So we really are at a high Level of testing now.

A next and hopefully last version of the beta is under

www.fsrail.com/MTXU60abeta5.zip

Please download and install as before and as instructed in the attached readme. I hope to find the time to build the final product over the holiday season now - unless there are Crash reports during flights which are reproducable.

I have it installed. So far, so good. For the DC-3 textures, looks like it kept the ones I previously copied over from 5.4c.

I have it installed. So far, so good. For the DC-3 textures, looks like it kept the ones I previously copied over from 5.4c.

I installed the beta 5 into the MyTraffic folder that had beta 4 installed. I assume that was correct?

Using the 2015 Summer schedule, I went to my home airport KERI in PA. There were 2 Continental Beech 1900's parked there. Why would there be any Continental planes still  being shown at all? Since the Continental/United merger, KERI now is served by United to Chicago, using ERJ-145's.

Using the 2015 Summer schedule, I went to my home airport KERI in PA. There were 2 Continental Beech 1900's parked there. Why would there be any Continental planes still  being shown at all? Since the Continental/United merger, KERI now is served by United to Chicago, using ERJ-145's.

I figured out that these were Commutair Continental Express B1900's. These used to fly into KERI years ago, but Commutair doesn't even use them anymore or fly into KERI now. Commutair has been replaced at KERI by Expressjet (United) flying ERJ-145's.

How can I prevent these B1900's from appearing at KERI?

I figured out that these were Commutair Continental Express B1900's. These used to fly into KERI years ago, but Commutair doesn't even use them anymore or fly into KERI now. Commutair has been replaced at KERI by Expressjet (United) flying ERJ-145's.

How can I prevent these B1900's from appearing at KERI?

Did some experimenting and getting frustrated trying to remove the B1900's from KERI. First I tried changing the end of service date in the Editor from 2020 to 2008 for this plane. That didn't work.

Then I tried to use the Editor to have Commutair forbidden at KERI. The setting wouldn't save when I reopened the Editor. The KERI Commutair that I added as forbidden disappears every time I open the Editor. So the plane still appears at KERI in FSX. What am I doing wrong here?

Did some experimenting and getting frustrated trying to remove the B1900's from KERI. First I tried changing the end of service date in the Editor from 2020 to 2008 for this plane. That didn't work.

Then I tried to use the Editor to have Commutair forbidden at KERI. The setting wouldn't save when I reopened the Editor. The KERI Commutair that I added as forbidden disappears every time I open the Editor. So the plane still appears at KERI in FSX. What am I doing wrong here?

Still no luck getting rid of the B1900's. I did get the settings to save in the Editor, but the planes still appear. Maybe it's because i'm using the Summer 2015 Schedules? Can you make changes using the Editor with the 2015 Summer Schedules?

I also determined that one of the 1900's is Commutair, and the other one is Gulfstream Int'l Gulf Flight.

Welcome to the dark art of AI Scheduling. The whole process seems to be very deep in FSX innards. I have said to Burkhard a few times, MT6 will be an absolute winner if and when some one develops a decent scheduler that does not need a computer science degree to work out.

I am sure Burkhard with his vast experience could do this in minutes. But for us, you need to get your head around it first.

Have you ever played with AIFP, it is a "fully-integrated, TTools-format compatible AI flight planning tool for Microsoft Flight Simulator, both FS9 and FSX versions, - from stock and add-on airport data collection through flight plan preparation and editing to traffic .bgl compilation/de-compilation. Includes a complete flight plan subsetting capability as well as FS9 to FSX file conversion". You can get it at:..http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

I am a bit confused.  I have read this entire forum with it's twists and turns for some people (including me) having difficulty figuring out the proper install procedure.

I upgraded a lot of my hardware, reformatted my SSD, Installed P3D V3.1 and it is all working perfectly.

I downloaded MTX 6.0 from Simmarket.  I downloaded the latest beta.

Now I am not sure about the install procedure for MTX to get to 6.0a from the ground up.  Do I install 6.0, make the necessary entry for MTX in Prepar3D.cfg then use the latest beta in the same folder as the MTX install and that gets me to 6.0a?

Thanks for any input and Merry Christmas to all.

John

I'll throw in my 2 cents. I don't use P3D, I use FSX Acceleration so my comments apply to that. Once you install MT 6, open the Communicator and follow instructions. That includes making the entry in the cfg file.

You will then have a MyTraffic folder inside a MyTraffic Professional folder. Place the beta 5 file next to the MyTraffic folder, but not in it. Then double-click on the beta file, and you'll have 6.0a installed. If you now have an MTX_V60a.myt file in your MyTraffic folder, you did it correctly. From that point on, you can read this forum to see where things stand. 

If any users of P3D want to point out any differences in this procedure, feel free.

I'll throw in my 2 cents. I don't use P3D, I use FSX Acceleration so my comments apply to that. Once you install MT 6, open the Communicator and follow instructions. That includes making the entry in the cfg file.

You will then have a MyTraffic folder inside a MyTraffic Professional folder. Place the beta 5 file next to the MyTraffic folder, but not in it. Then double-click on the beta file, and you'll have 6.0a installed. If you now have an MTX_V60a.myt file in your MyTraffic folder, you did it correctly. From that point on, you can read this forum to see where things stand. 

If any users of P3D want to point out any differences in this procedure, feel free.

How did the install go for you? I wish Burkhard had more time to be on the forum to answer questions, as he's the expert.

How did the install go for you? I wish Burkhard had more time to be on the forum to answer questions, as he's the expert.

Hi,

I just have had a hell of a time making time to work on it.  Hopefully I can get to it Tuesday or Wednesday.  It is high on my list but I just keep falling behind on things unrelated to the sim.  I appreciate your interest and I will be sure to post here the minute I get to it and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

John

Some of your remarks look like you do not have full access to the MyTraffic folder?

The editor manages yiur own set of flight plans. It has nothing to do with the prepared ones. A nice trick would be though to make the changes to the aircraft section, expoert Myaircraft.dat, and replace the one under MTPlans\2015 by this file, then create the 2015 schedules again.