The simFlight Network Forums
Penz

How to install Mt6 in P3D v3

First you need to add the AI aircraft to the sim. You do that by adding the path to the MT6 aircraft folder to P3D "simobjects.cfg", in the same way that the configurator does for P3D v2.

Example: My MT6 folder is "F:\MT6", so I add a new entry to "%programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3\simobjects.cfg" pointing to the MT6 aircraft folder like this

[Entry.11]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path=F:\MT6\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

It may not be [Entry.11] in your case, use the next available number in sequence.

For the scenery, I just use the in-sim scenery library manager to add "F:\MT6\MyTraffic".

The last step is to disable "[P3D3]\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficaircraft.bgl" by renaming it to "trafficaircraft.bgl.off" like the configurator does. This removes the stock Pacifica and Orbit etc. AI routes.

Hope this can help a couple of fellow P3Dv3'ers. :) 

I put it right above (lower "priority" number!) the "Global, Generic & Vehicle Libraries" entry.

Maybe I should mention as well that you will get content errors (unless you turn error logging off in P3D.), because there are errors in the content. ;-)

None of the errors I have logged by MT6 have been fatal though, it's stuff like duplicate sections/entries in the aircraft CFG files, missing effects/sound files and such. P3Dv3 is really strict with errors!

I think I have managed to squash the annoying "Content Errors", it wasn't half as bad as I feared it might be.

I will post a small patch pack in this thread tomorrow, right now I'm going to sleep. :)

*** My Traffic 6 P3Dv3 content error fix patch 1 ***

This patch fixes two categories of "Content errors" in MT6. I have fixed all errors I found while checking MT6 AI in various places around the globe.

The first, and by far the most common category, is duplicate sections in AI aircraft configuration files. in all these cases, I have merged duplicate entries, and made a backup of the original file as "aircraft.ORG".

The second is missing AI sound files. There are two of these. I have located and added these files.

I have only tested the 2015 schedule until now, there may still be errors in some of the aircraft for historic schedules. Once I get around to testing those, a second patch may follow.

The fixes should work with any patch level of MT6, but I recommend using the latest beta patch, it contains some nice updates: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80152-mytraffic-60a-public-beta/

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Download the attached "Aircraft.zip".

Unzip the file to your MT6 "Aircraft" folder. Accept all folder merges and overwrites. Alternatively, you can unzip to a temporary folder and move the files into place yourself.

NOTES:

If you use the MT6 aircraft installers (from the Configurator, by applying a patch update, or run manually) you will overwrite the fixes! In that case, simply apply this patch again.

Use this at your own risk. I have done my best to make everything right, but I cannot guarantee it works for everybody.

Also, there may still be more errors I have not found. If you log any errors that you suspect is caused by MT6, please post them in this thread.

Happy flying!

JP "Penz" Pedersen

Aircraft.zip

I don't know anything about future MT6 patch release plans macca, I'm just a user like you.

I do however hope Burkhard will consider using my fixes in a patch release if no errors are found. They should work just as well in any other compatible FS version.

I am happy to report that a series of brief tests of the historic schedules did not lead to further Content errors.

As a result, please feel free to post any content errors you log while using the historic schedules as well. :)

or you could just disable the content error logging. It's there primarily for dev's to catch various syntax errors.

not downplaying your efforts at all Penz, the errors would need to be addressed eventually - just if someone is fearful of applying a patch - turn off the messages.

Vic

It would make me happier if people would keep on error checking and report any remaining MT6 content errors here so I can fix them Vic.

As you say, the errors need to be addressed eventually. Might as well be now. ;-)

- JP

(I understand perfectly if some users are uncomfortable installing MT6 in P3D v3 according to my unofficial instructions, or applying an unofficial fix. That group of users will have to await a future patch from Burkhard. I cannot really do anything about that. I have made the fix entirely for selfish reasons, I don't want errors in my shiny new P3D. If other people than me can use the fix, it's just a fringe benefit. :) ).

I discovered that I had omitted one aircraft from the fix, apologies for that.

I have updated my patch fix post above with a new "aircraft.zip".

Please redownload. Sorry about that. Reinstall on top of the old one.

It's installing fine guys however at night or dawn/dusk, the standard ai is showing its lights at a distance, but the my traffic aircraft still only show the lights when they are really close

If you can fix the lighting from a distance via an update that'd make it perfect :)

Any thoughts?

It's installing fine guys however at night or dawn/dusk, the standard ai is showing its lights at a distance, but the my traffic aircraft still only show the lights when they are really close

If you can fix the lighting from a distance via an update that'd make it perfect :)

Any thoughts?

That would be an issue for an official update Ollie, it's beyond the scope of the content error fixes.

You should make a post and alert Burkhard to the issue.

So it looks like LM did not fix the night light bug they included in one of the patches to 2.5? Bad news, since a fix would either break the compatibility to FSX/FSX SE/P3D V1 or make it a slide show.

Hi!

I tried install MT6 in P3D v3 followed instructions above and I had this issue:

TdMIuSk.jpg

And traffic settings in p3d v3 is set 60% and didn't show me traffic.

How I fix this?

Thanks,

José Luís

Edited by jluis

Hi!

I tried install MT6 in P3D v3 followed instructions above and I had this issue:

How I fix this?

Thanks,

José Luís

I think you got the answer in the thread at AVSIM José?

I have had a busy couple of days so I didn't see your post until today, sorry.

- JP