The simFlight Network Forums

How to install Mt6 in P3D v3

Penz

If you see the MyTraffic airports, then the problem lies with the simobects entriy. To verify this to be the case, move the A320MX folder from MyTraffic\aircraft over to <P3DV3>\simobjects\airplane. Do you see A320s now where you expect them? If yes then wie know where to continue.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FSX AI traffic takes a while until it is completely busy. Aircraft are set at ground and then start the ground handling, fuel truck Comes, etc, push back typically 10-20 minutes later, landing aircraft are all initialized at flight level and start descent, again land about 20 minutes later.

I had MT6 working in V3 but then I reinstalled windows and P3D due to performance issues.  Since then I have reinstalled MT6 and cannot get it to work.  I have followed the instructions in this thread BUT I did run the configurator when I first installed and wonder if I have damaged a file or two.  Since then I have had P3D regenerate a new P3D.cfg file and a new simobjects.cfg as I thought maybe by running the configuator I had improper code in the files.

I have added the following to the simobjects.cfg file: 

[Entry.10]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

...and have added the folder (C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic) to the scenery library.  To be sure I have reinstalled MT6 thinking that might help.  I also disabled the stock planes/routes, but I don't think that would impact whether or not MT6 would work or not.

Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong and/if there are other files that the configuator may have changed that I need to correct.  Thank you to all in advance.  Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, I cannot comment on P3D V3 yet since I did not manage to change my subscription, but your entry looks like the syntax of a scenery entry, the simobjects entry in P3D V2 would be as example

[Entry.10]
Path="C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft"

and nothing more.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I follow instructions but P3DV3 crash after add Mytraffic to simobject.cfg.

Do you think it's correct? (I installed Mytraffic on  I)

[Entry.0]
PATH=I:\RealAir\Turbine Duke V2 P3D3\SimObjects\Airplanes
TITLE=RealAir Turbine Duke V2
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.1]
PATH=SimObjects\Airplanes
TITLE=Default Airplanes
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.2]
PATH=SimObjects\Avatars
TITLE=Default Avatars
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.3]
PATH=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
TITLE=Default Rotorcraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.4]
PATH=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
TITLE=Default Ground Vehicles
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.5]
PATH=SimObjects\Boats
TITLE=Default Boats
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.6]
PATH=SimObjects\Animals
TITLE=Default Animals
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.7]
PATH=SimObjects\Misc
TITLE=Default Misc
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.8]
PATH=SimObjects\Submersible
TITLE=Default Submersible
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.9]
PATH=SimObjects\Weapons
TITLE=Default Weapons
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.10]
PATH=SimObjects\Countermeasures
TITLE=Default Countermeasures
ACTIVE=true
[Entry.11]
PATH=Aerosoft\Split X\simobjects
TITLE=Split X
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.12]
Title=MyTraffic Vehicles
Path=I:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

Burkhard

I have similiar question to manico - how (step by step  as my IT skills are not so good) can I get myTraffic6 beta working

in Prepar3dv3?

Also please could you provide an update on when you will be able to provide an installer to get MT6 working painlessly with P3dv3? (I see so many forums discussing work arounds to get it working I am sure you would see a spike in sales if you released a fully compatible version as most P3D users are how moving to v3 or even v3.1!(both give significant performance increases) - and MT6 is widely regarded as one of the best traffic program on the market so many people want to use it with there P3D!)

Burkhard

I have similiar question to manico - how (step by step  as my IT skills are not so good) can I get myTraffic6 beta working

in Prepar3dv3?

Also please could you provide an update on when you will be able to provide an installer to get MT6 working painlessly with P3dv3? (I see so many forums discussing work arounds to get it working I am sure you would see a spike in sales if you released a fully compatible version as most P3D users are how moving to v3 or even v3.1!(both give significant performance increases) - and MT6 is widely regarded as one of the best traffic program on the market so many people want to use it with there P3D!)

It seems many users have moved on from FSX to P3d. I'm still using FSX myself. Could you tell me a little about P3d and why so many users have moved to it? It must have many advantages over FSX?

@Burkhard -

1)I notice from other threads the beta version4? of MT6 has been released that should work for P3Dv3? - I will buy my copy from SimMarket is it a patch? - note I will be installing fresh and only have P3Dv3 on my PC - so how should I install it - it looks like it needs MT6 already installed?

2)I am reading that MT6 is best used with some freeware software called traffic manager/air traffic manager(to limit impact on frames) - do you recommend this? how would I get this working in P3dv3? and where should I download from?

Any help on the above appreciated!

@SCN-In terms of your question P3Dv3 is well ahead of FSX - meaning I can run it almost fully maxed out (on a 4K monitor) with many add-ons including Orbx scenery and it gives me smooth performance with no stutters (also worth noting I am using a g-sync monitor which helps the smoothness) and also it continues to be improved - there really is no real comparison - I could never get FSX running so smoothly............

Edited by mac22

MT6 still doesnt work for me. I already made a new Thread, but it doesnt show up in the P3D section and im afraid of a "double post".

I`ve followed all the steps in the Guide. It should all work but the traffic just does not show up in the SIm.

Also, i cant get the entry in the right order in the communicater (manage simobjects.cfg). Its ordered like entry 0, entry 1, entry 2, entry 3, entry 10, entry 4, etc....So just not in the right orderm but other than that it all looks fine.

• 1 month later...