The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jjaycee

MT6 in P3D-Alaska Airlines at PASI

In v2.5 I had Tongass Fjords installed and there were several Alaska Airlines and Air Alaska flights to and from PASI. I have MT6 and Tongass in P3Dv3 but when I go to PASI there are never any Alaska air flights. I opened up with AIP3 the MT6 Commercial flight plans.bgl and see that there are no Alaska Airline or Air Alaska flights mentioned at all. There is, and i see them, Ameristar, Hageland and a couple of other like United Express.

What has happened to the Alaskan flights? I have installed the Spring 2015 schedules as I had also done in v2.5

See the attachment.

post-93137-0-61031200-1444387459_thumb.j

This is a bit a problem of the improvement made for 6.0a.

Until 6.0, If the data showed a flight the flight back was more or less invented an hour later. With the far larger dataset I got for 6.0a, it will select a real flight back and combine these two, provided FSX can do these schedules.

I checked two examples of Alaska flights into PASI, both turn around in less than 30 minutes. But FSX has the hard requirement of departure time at least 50 minutes after arrival, I can cheat a bit on longer flights, but these combination cannot be performed by FSX, that is why thye are canceled. Now am I trying to get too realistic?