The simFlight Network Forums

[Question] How to migrate from v2.5 to v3.0?

Hi.

I currently have P3D v2.5 and I would like to use the same key commands and calibration I had set for my hardware(throttles and yoke) for v3.0. I suppose I can start from scratch and reassign/calibrate in v3.0 but is there any easier way to copy over relevant FSUIPC files from v2.5 to v3.0 to avoid any rework?

If so, which files are to be copied over to which folders?

I am not a FSUIPC veteran, apologies if my question is too elementary.

Kay

I currently have P3D v2.5 and I would like to use the same key commands and calibration I had set for my hardware(throttles and yoke) for v3.0. I suppose I can start from scratch and reassign/calibrate in v3.0 but is there any easier way to copy over relevant FSUIPC files from v2.5 to v3.0 to avoid any rework?

If so, which files are to be copied over to which folders?

Everything related to FSUIPC is stored in the FS Modules subfolder, no where else. You can simply copy everything over, or only the configuration settings (FSUIPC4.INI, and any macro or Lua files. Also the Profiles subfolder if you are using Profile files.

Note the pinned thread at the top of the forum:- currently P3Dv3 does not allow calibration in FSUIPC unless you assign in FSUIPC.

Pete

Thank you Pete.

I shall try this today.

To make sure I understand your pinned topic correctly,

I can still calibrate my hardware with FSUIPC (throttle quadrant for example) as long as I use the FSUIPC

to assign various functions (flaps, spoilers, throttles, reversers, etc), correct? I have also disabled

the throttle quadrant hardware in the P3D setting/device menu.

(This is what I have done in the past.)

Thank you Pete.

I shall try this today.

To make sure I understand your pinned topic correctly,

I can still calibrate my hardware with FSUIPC (throttle quadrant for example) as long as I use the FSUIPC

to assign various functions (flaps, spoilers, throttles, reversers, etc), correct? I have also disabled

the throttle quadrant hardware in the P3D setting/device menu.

(This is what I have done in the past.)

Yes.

I am having a hard time finding my "Profile sub folder" for P3Dv2.5.

Can you point me in the direction please?

You are not reading the messages properly. There's no "Profile" subfolder unless you created one. The folder I told you to copy is the Modules folder. I did say that IF (and only IF) you were using the Files facilities for Profiles, there's be a Profiles subfolder (in the Modules subfolder, which is what we were talking about), but if you copy the Modules folder you'd copy that too in any case!

Pete