The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC doesnt re install

Had to uninstall and re install Prepar 3Dv3

Did nothing to FSUIPC.

So tried to install it in again and I get an error that it doesnt locate FSX(I do not have FSX in my PC)

So I direct it to Prepar 3D v3 file, and keeps saying it cannot locate FSX.

Should I have uninstalled FSUIPC first?

I dont see it in the remove programs menu.

Used a fake FSX.EXE from Estonia, it installed in Prepar 3D v3 correctly according to the menu, but when I prompt it to check registration, get an error that the registration has been cancelled.

Migration tools make a mess of attempts to provide intelligent installers which know about the FS programs. NEVER use a Migration tool to install FSUIPC. It would be disastrous in any case -- FSUIPC is different for each sim 9even each version of the sim) and will not behave correctly if you try to fool it into thinknig P3D is FSX or vice versa!

You don't prompt anything to check registration. It is simply an option. If it doesn't fail the check, it passed it!

If you aren't re-entering your registration then that's the same as cancelling the entries. Or did you need to change it? If so you don't "check" you enter the details.

What is the actual problem you are concerned about? You don't mention one.

Pete

It was a disaster as you said it would be.

After installing FSUIPC lost scenery and gauges from Prepar 3D and had to uninstall.

Now I re installed Prepar 3D v3 and when trying to install FSUIPC I get the same error looking for an FSX file, even if I direct it to Prepar 3D v3 exe.

Hope you can help.

It was a disaster as you said it would be.

After installing FSUIPC lost scenery and gauges from Prepar 3D and had to uninstall.

Well that cannot be anything to do with FSUIPC, that's to do with the Migration Tool. The "disaster" FSUIPC would get into, if it thought your Sim was something other than what it said it was, would be to (a ) not provide all the correct facilities, and (b ) probably cause it to crash. No way can it affect sceneries or gauges.

Now I re installed Prepar 3D v3 and when trying to install FSUIPC I get the same error looking for an FSX file, even if I direct it to Prepar 3D v3 exe.

When it asks to find the FSX file NEVER EVER direct it to anything else! Just abort  that action and let it carry on and do the P3D part of the Install. Each simhas its own section, its own action in the Installer.

The reason it wants to find FSX is because your Registry says FSX is installed. If you want to get rid of that prompt you'll  have to edit the Registry. Look at the Install Log produced. It tells you everything, step by step, including what the Registry says and where it says it!

This is why logs are produced, so you can see what is going on!

Pete