The simFlight Network Forums

Just registered. Saitek yoke Mode 1-2-3 question.

On 10/27/2015 at 1:44 AM, ark1320 said:

Here are some conditional button entries from my FSUIPC.ini file:

41=CR(+Y,9)Y,7,C66277,0 ;aileron trim right w/horizontal yoke btn, w/mode sw =2

42=CR(+Y,9)Y,6,C66276,0 ;aileron trim left w/horizontal yoke btn, w/mode sw =2

43=CR(+Y,8)Y,7,C66279,0 ;rudder trim right w/horiz yoke btn, w/mode sw =1

44=CR(+Y,8)Y,6,C66278,0 ;rudder trim left w/horiz yoke btn, w/mode sw =1

45=CR(+Y,8)Y,1,K20,8 ;TeamSpeak voice capture start, mode sw=1 K20 for Caps Lock key
46=CU(+Y,8)Y,1,K20,8 ;TeamSpeak voice capture stop, mode sw=1

For the first line above:

• The 41 is just the FSUIPC.ini line #
  • C means this is a Conditional button statement
  • The R means the control is to be Repeatedly sent while the condition and button is active
    • Others possibilities in place of the R here are P (pulse on press), U (pulse on release) -- control is only sent once even if button held or released, etc.
  • The "condition" is in the (  ).  The + means the button or switch must be pressed (- would mean the button or switch must be released) for the overall  action to happen, the Y means Yoke, and the 9 is how FSUIPC sees the yoke mode switch in position 2. So the info in the (  ) represents the “condition” yoke switch 9 pressed or active.
  • The Y,7 to the right of the ( ) is Yoke button 7 as seen by FSUIPC ( my aileron trim right button).
  • C66277 is the control code (right aileron) that FSUIPC will send to FSX as the “action” if the condition is met (mode sw=2)  and yoke button 7 is pressed.  See the FSUIPC document FSX & P3D Controls in Alphabetical Order for a list of controls where, for example, you will find:

AILERON_TRIM_LEFT 66276

AILERON_TRIM_RIGHT 66277

• I’m not sure about the final 0 after the comma. I think this would be used to specify a parameter if needed by the control being sent to FSX.
  • Finally, the info after the semicolon is just a comment so I can remember what I did.
  • Line 45 above is slightly different in that instead of sending a FSX control code when all conditions are met, the code representing the CAPS LOCK key is sent to activate push to talk for TeamSpeak. In other words, pushing button 1 on the yoke is equivalent to pushing the CAPS LOCK key on the keyboard if the mode switch is in position 1. I think the final 8 means an 8 bit CAPS LOCK code but I’m not sure about that, so don’t quote me.  :???: 

There is also more info on conditional button programming in the Appendix of the Advanced User’s Guide. See  APPENDIX 1: Do more with your joystick!

Good luck – that is about as much as I know, or think I know, on this topic.

Al

I know this is an old thread, but honestly it's a life saver for me.

I bought the Logitech (ex-Saitek) Yoke and Throttle a few weeks ago and have been diving back into Flight Simming after many years away from it. After messing with the X-Plane 11 demo (my Surface Pro 2017 isn't powerful enough), and PSD before asking for my money back (same problem!), I decided to dust off the copy of FSX I bought off Steam a few years ago for £3.99 in a sale! I've been tweaking, adding the DX10 fix (amazing) and bought a C152 to fly in, and some scenery ... anyway, the Yoke works, but I could not for the life of me work out how to access Modes 2 and 3 ... after hours messing with Logitech's really awful software I finally bit the bullet and got FSUIC v4 for FSX.

Amazing stuff - yes a bit complex, but not really too complex if you are just using Mode 1. So today I kind of got my head around how to program modes by reading the Advanced Users Guide, but this above crystal clear explanation is just what I needed to get that "ahhh-ha!" moment of understanding it. Thanks very much. Many hours of geeky fiddling for the right combo in between flights awaits 🙂

• Upvote 1