The simFlight Network Forums

Throttle one wont work from cold and dark

First I do not know if this is related to the PMDG, Fsuipc or P3D v3

Im asking if someone have encounterd this problem before or maybe have some ideas.

If I leave the Pmdg 737 to start as default, meaning with its engine on, both throtles spikes just at the first touch and then work perfectly.

I normaly want my 737Ngx to start cold and dark and me or fs2crew will power the plane up, Engines starts perfect so does the rest of the systems with only one problem.

The engine 2 is given power, you can hear engine spool up, you can see it on the display, the 3dthrottle leaver moves, flaps config warning go off and the plane starts moving.

The engine one is given power, you can´t hear the engine spool up, you can´t see it on the display, the 3dthrottle leaver moves, Flap config warning goes off, the plane dosen´t move.

Works perfect with engines prestarted, any clues ?

Throttle.jpg

post-59644-0-41000700-1445798081_thumb.j

So you aren't getting Engine 1 started. Is that what you mean? 

In a 737 you don't just "give an engine power", you have to have bleed air either from a ground unit or the APU, then when N2% is high enough (about 25%) introduce the fuel. THEN the engine should start. The throttle lever won't do anything till then, except set of alarms maybe.

Pete

Pete! Both engines are running and starting normaly... both engines are started and running.... but first engine wont give any power. If you look at the pic both engines are running at idle.

Nr 2 works perfekt when i move the throttle, nr 1 moves the leaver and even triggers the takeoff config warning but the engine remain at idle power.

Pete! Both engines are running and starting normaly... both engines are started and running.... but first engine wont give any power. If you look at the pic both engines are running at idle.

Ah, sorry. Must admit I went more by the words than the picture. " you can´t hear the engine spool up, you can´t see it on the display,"

nr 1 moves the leaver and even triggers the takeoff config warning

Well, the control is doing its job then. Must be the add-on aircraft.  Have you checked with PMDG? It could of course be yet another P3Dv3 problem. There seems to be quite a few of them, so a visit to their Forum might be wise too.

Pete

Ah, sorry. Must admit I went more by the words than the picture. " you can´t hear the engine spool up, you can´t see it on the display,"

Well, the control is doing its job then. Must be the add-on aircraft.  Have you checked with PMDG? It could of course be yet another P3Dv3 problem. There seems to be quite a few of them, so a visit to their Forum might be wise too.

Pete

HI Pete, I got this as a respons from PMDG.... We actually don't recommend the use of FSUIPC especially for Throttle Axis as outlined in the Introductory section of the manual for the product.  Have you had a chance to read through that section of the manual to help familiarize you with the product set up?  You can try deleting or renaming the FSUIPC.ini file to see if it gets rid of the issue to confirm that the issue originates there.

So what i did I deleted the Fsuipc folder completley, and now the engines start is normal even from cold and dark and they work good, so it has to be something in FSUIPC, i did not even know or read that it is not recommended, anyways now you know :)

HI Pete, I got this as a respons from PMDG.... We actually don't recommend the use of FSUIPC especially for Throttle Axis as outlined in the Introductory section of the manual for the product.  Have you had a chance to read through that section of the manual to help familiarize you with the product set up?  You can try deleting or renaming the FSUIPC.ini file to see if it gets rid of the issue to confirm that the issue originates there.

So what i did I deleted the Fsuipc folder completley, and now the engines start is normal even from cold and dark and they work good, so it has to be something in FSUIPC, i did not even know or read that it is not recommended, anyways now you know :)

The PMDG aircraft intercept the Throttle control at a higher level than that which FSUIPC injects it after calibration. So you can assign the throttle in FSUIPC, to the Axis throttle controls, but don't calibrate. This part is well known. 

But if you were assigning differently (eg using Direct to FSUIPC assignments) or calibrating the throttle in FSUIPC even with FS assignment, then I would have expected you to report erratic behaviour of both throttles all the time. I've never heard of a specific problem with one throttle from cold and dark. 

Therefore I didn't ask or tell you about the normal problem and how to deal with it. You CAN still use FSUIPC assignments, but your PMDG aircraft Profile should have the throttles assigned to the Axis controls, and not calibrated.

Pete