The simFlight Network Forums
Ray Proudfoot

FSX Crashes - Patches600.exe may be responsible

Hi Burkhard,

I have had a stable FSX install for some time now but on a flight into JFK from the south FSX crashed on me just before the waypoint CAMRN at 15:10Z. My heading was around 350, altitude 11,000ft flying Concorde.

Despite reloading a FSUIPC saved flight it still crashed with ntdll.dll as the cause three times. I also had a StackHash_90e5 crash.

Having had a stable sim for a long time I thought about what I had installed recently. New airports were hundreds of miles away but I had installed patches600.exe.

I decided to revert to the 3 BGLs saved prior to installing that patch and the rest of the flight was fine. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It seems too much of a coincidence when reverting to previous BGLs caused no further crashes.

There had been several reports that these schedules might have introduced instabilities, which could not be reconstructed on other systems. This is the main reason why I run a public beta now for thr 6.0a update to ensure this does not happen again on a large basis.

Burkhard,

Point taken. Very difficult with so many flights and Ai aircraft not to have some problems.

Is there any utility I can run which might identify the problem so it can be corrected?

If i knew such a utility, I could use it. But htings unfortunately are not reproducable in most cases.

Often, when you have saved a situation that crashes reliable, you can try to identify the culprit by removal of aircraft. If there are problems there, then this can help to find the aircraft folder . indeed a few bugs where found this way. But now users observe that when they copy the removed aircraft back problems do not show up again - so it is nothing inside MyTraffic, but looks more like a bookkeeping problem inside FSX.