The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
morsoft

STB Crash

Hello

I'm trying to install STB on a XP laptop with FSX and STB Data Server on a Windows 10 PC. I can install STB on the PC without any problems but I cannot install it on the laptop. When I try, I get the first time configuration and it finds my existing simconnect.cfg and decides that I'm installing a remote version. I select the main AI package which is Traffic X (actually Traffic360) and then the attached error occurs and I cannot progress.

I have successfully connected other programs such as Plan-G to the remote FSX without any problems.
The STB-DS is version 3.3.2.15 and STB is 3.2.1.7 FSX is the Steam version.
I would be grateful if you could help.

crash.txt
07/11/2015 12:20:16.281
System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
   at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
   at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
   at STB.ExeConfig.StbExeConfigFile.Update(Int32 ut2PortUpdate, String stbdsHostUpdate, Int32 stbdsPortUpdate) in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 RC1\Exe Configuration\Exe Configuration\StbExeConfigFile.cs:line 166
   at STB.ExeConfig.StbExeConfigFile.Load() in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 RC1\Exe Configuration\Exe Configuration\StbExeConfigFile.cs:line 124
   at STB.ExeConfig.StbExeConfigFile..ctor() in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 RC1\Exe Configuration\Exe Configuration\StbExeConfigFile.cs:line 71
   at Traffic_Board.FirstTime.Go_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Simon Jones\My Documents\FSX Projects\FSX Traffic Board\STB V3 RC4\Client\Traffic Board\FirstTime.cs:line 160
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

You aren't getting as far as trying to connect, you are still in the configuration stage.  To investigate this one, I need to know what each of the wizard screens look like.  From the start, can you screen capture each one please and send them to me.  Either here or via email is fine.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Malcolm,

Different error this time according to your screen shot.  However the screen shot is incomplete.  Do you have the crash.txt please?

Regards

Simon

Hi Malcolm,

Do you already have a simconnect.cfg file, either in the STB installation folder or My Documents?  It's possible the problem is coming from there (the file may be fine for Simconnect, but there's something about it STB may be unhappy about).

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon

I took some rather drastic steps and reinstalled Windows XP on the laptop and then reinstalled STB with the latest update (3.2.1.7). This time I got past the configuration stage but got an error when trying to connect. Please see screen captures. I then installed Plan-G and connected to FSX on the PC straightaway using simconnect so I know the two machines are at least talking to each other with simconnect.

I feel I'm getting closer :???:

Regards

Malcolm

post-850-0-94426700-1447078779.png

post-850-0-08232100-1447078791.png

post-850-0-50851900-1447078804.png

post-850-0-17482300-1447078814.png

post-850-0-70922600-1447078822.png

post-850-0-11238700-1447078834.png

post-850-0-68913000-1447078846.png

Hi Simon

Have just benn playing around with the ports. I had them set to 4506 before but have set them to 32123 and after pressin connect nothing happens. I looked for the crash.txt file and got the following:

post-850-0-68406400-1447080007_thumb.png

Hi Simon

I have managed to get it working by completely changing the simconnect.xml file even though the existing one worked with other addons. I have changed it from:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0"> 

<Descr>SimConnect</Descr> 

<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename> 

<SimConnect.Comm>   <Disabled>False</Disabled>  

<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>  

<Scope>global</Scope>  

<Address>192.168.1.1</Address>  

<MaxClients>64</MaxClients>  

<Port>2024</Port>  

<MaxRecvSize>4096</MaxRecvSize>  

<DisableNagle>False</DisableNagle> 

</SimConnect.Comm>

<SimConnect.Comm>  

<Disabled>False</Disabled>  

<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>  

<Scope>global</Scope>  

<Port>2024</Port>  

</SimConnect.Comm>

</SimBase.Document>

to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">  
<Descr>SimConnect</Descr>  
<Filename>SimConnect.xml</Filename>  
<SimConnect.Comm>   
<Protocol>IPv4</Protocol>   
<Scope>global</Scope>   
<Port>2024</Port>   
</SimConnect.Comm>
<SimConnect.Comm>   
<Protocol>Auto</Protocol>   
<Scope>local</Scope>   
</SimConnect.Comm>
</SimBase.Document>

Both STB and my other addons appear to work correctly. Not sure I understand as I have used the previous xml file for ages but I'm happy. Many thanks for your help.

Malcolm

HResult errors are very difficult to diagnose, often "something is wrong somewhere" scenarios.  I don't know why subtle changes to the xml resolved your problem, but I'm glad to hear they did.

Simon