The simFlight Network Forums

EYEPOINT_SET_LONGITUDINAL not working

Pete,

I use P3D 2.5 with FSUIPC 4.948 under Win 7/64. I wanted to use the following P3D controls in a LUA script to move the eyepoint of a cockpit camera:

EYEPOINT_SET_LATERAL       66988
EYEPOINT_SET_LONGITUDINAL  66990
EYEPOINT_SET_VERTICAL      66989

Lateral and vertical are working fine. Only Longitudinal gives no reaction. The events are logged in the logfile. I can manipulate the eyepoint via EYEPOINT_BACK and EYEPOINT_FORWARD without any problem.

Could you please check, if your code is correct for that control (and I am pretty sure it is correct).

Best regards

Reinhard

Pete,

I use P3D 2.5 with FSUIPC 4.948 under Win 7/64. I wanted to use the following P3D controls in a LUA script to move the eyepoint of a cockpit camera:

EYEPOINT_SET_LATERAL       66988
EYEPOINT_SET_LONGITUDINAL  66990
EYEPOINT_SET_VERTICAL      66989

Lateral and vertical are working fine. Only Longitudinal gives no reaction. The events are logged in the logfile. I can manipulate the eyepoint via EYEPOINT_BACK and EYEPOINT_FORWARD without any problem.

Could you please check, if your code is correct for that control (and I am pretty sure it is correct).

My code? You mean the code which sends the control you select to FS? There's nothing different for these controls to any others. FSUIPC merely forwards the number plus any parameter you provide to FS. It knows nothing about what those mean.

I think you will need to report it to L-M as a P3D bug. You might need to test it is P3Dv3. Maybe it's been fixed?

Pete

Pete,

Thanks - that's what I assumed. I have not yet done the switch to P3D V3, as not all addons I am using are already available with P3D installers. So I am not yet able to test it with V3. I will check with LM. It's strange because Eyepoint_BACK and EYEPOINT_FORWARD are moving the eyepoint in the lateral direction. I use this at the moment as a workaround.

Rgds

Reinhard

Hi,

Here a small test script setting the three values and resetting the eyepoint after 3 seconds. In my case Longitudinal has no effect in P3D 2.5.

Rgds

Reinhard

-- test eyepoint setting

-- play with these values
local lLateral = 33100
local lLongitudinal = 10000
local lVertical = 14000

-- be sure, that the virtual cockpit view is the active view !

ipc.control ( 66530 )	-- first reset view

-- calling first with a different value then the last called value is necessary, as otherwise the control is not triggered
-- it is only fired, if the value differs from the last call. So I make the dummy call with 1
-- that is a speciality of the ipc.control function to avoid calling with the same value too often

ipc.control ( 66988 , 1 )		
ipc.control ( 66988 , lLateral )
ipc.control ( 66990 , 1 )
ipc.control ( 66990 , lLongitudinal )
ipc.control ( 66989 , 1 )
ipc.control ( 66989 , lVertical )

ipc.sleep(3000)		-- wait 3 seconds

ipc.control ( 66530 )	-- finally reset view again

Here a small test script setting the three values and resetting the eyepoint after 3 seconds. In my case Longitudinal has no effect in P3D 2.5.

Thanks. 

The movement was so small I used 10x the values you had so I could definitely see what was happening, then inserted Sleeps of 2 seconds between each one.

Both P3Dv2.5 and P3Dv3 do the same thing. EYEPOINT_SET_LONGITUDINAL does the same as the RESET. It doesn't do nothing, it resets the viewpoint altogether.

Please report this for both 2.5 and 3.  You can say i verified it on 3. I'll report it too, in the developer's area.

Pete