The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jemer39

P3D v3 (answered & solved)

can you tell me if this program will ever be available to correctly install to p3d v3. the database manager will still not correctly locate the scenery files in the installer. 

Hi Volker,

I can't get FSC9.6 (purchased v9.4 from simMarket and updated to 9.6) to save a flightplan to my Prepar3d v3 Files folder. 

I'm using Prepar3d v3.

FSUIPC v.4.947c

FSC v.9.6 Jan. 2015 build.

FSC Db Manager File v.9.6.0.1 Product v.9.06.0001

AIRAC Cycle 1511 provided by Navigraph

FSC  v.9.4 purchased from simMarket and updated to 9.6.

OS is Windows 8.1 updated to v 6.3 build 9600.

FSC is installed in C:\Program Files\FSC9

Prepar3d v3 is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3.

The FLIGHTPLAN section of my FSC.ini file is:

[FLIGHTPLAN]
SECLEN=35
SECWIDTH=20
FAFDIST=8.5
FPSEL=6211
FPPATH09=
FPPATH10=
FPPATH11=C:\Program Files\Prepar3D v3 Files
FSCPLANPATH=C:\FSC9\Flightplan\FSC
SQUAWKBOXPATH=C:\FSC9\flightplan\SquawkBox
IVAOPATH=
IVAOPATH2=
FSINNPATH=C:\FSC9\flightplan\FSInn
RADCONPATH=C:\FSC9\flightplan\RC
PROMAGPATH=C:\FSC9\flightplan\PM
XPLANEPATH=C:\FSC9\flightplan\XPlane
GEARTHPATH=
TSPATH=C:\
ASAXE1PATH=C:\FSC9\flightplan\AXE
FSGRWPATH=

Thanks for your help.

delta1071

Works fine here, and looking at you ini file, the problem is quite clear:

FPPATH11=C:\Program Files\Prepar3D v3 Files

The path is wrong. it should be: C:\users\YOUR_USERNAME\My Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files

Thanks for replying, mopperle. After changing the P3d FP folder location in FSC9 to the path you suggested and then trying to save a plan, I get the same error. Also, I forgot to mention that I had already placed copies of my Prepar3d v3 Files folder in the C:\Users\Steve\Documents and the C:\Program Files locations and then changed the path in FSC9, (I actually tried moving the FP folder to my 2nd local HDD with no success), but no matter which location I use, the FP can't be saved. I have looked at the permissions for the Lockheed Martin, Program Files (x86), and Program Files folders and it appears that I have write permission to these folders.

delta1071

The path is wrong. it should be: C:\users\YOUR_USERNAME\My Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files

OK, please make sure that you run the FSC as Administrator, by right clicking on the link, choose properties and on the Compatibility tab mark "Run as Administrator".

If this doesnt help, do you start FSC with the parameter "2"? Aalso tell me the exact error message and post a screenshot oft "Paths" tab in the dilaog box when you save a plan.

mopperle,

Running as administrator does not work. The desktop shortcut I'm using to start FSC does not have any parameters after ~\FSC9.exe. I used to use "1" and "2" when I wanted to load different versions of FSC, but I'm not doing that now. I have attached images of the error messages and my Paths dialogue.

delta1071

OK, please make sure that you run the FSC as Administrator, by right clicking on the link, choose properties and on the Compatibility tab mark "Run as Administrator".

If this doesnt help, do you start FSC with the parameter "2"? Aalso tell me the exact error message and post a screenshot oft "Paths" tab in the dilaog box when you save a plan.

post-7502-0-69683900-1447187832_thumb.jp

post-7502-0-50779200-1447187849_thumb.jp

post-7502-0-38649600-1447187860_thumb.jp

Starting FSC as admin and with the "2" parameter does not work either. I uninstalled/re-installed FSC to C:\, ran the Oct.5,2015 updated DbManager,and made sure my P3d FP folder location is correct (C:\), but I keep getting the same error messages.

delta1071

@delta1072: please start FSC with the parameter 2: "fsx.exe 2"

but I keep getting the same error messages

If it is the same error message (error 75), the write permissions are blocked on your computer.

The execution of the Save As function is not possible.

Volker

Thanks, Volker. Does anyone have any ideas for enabling write permission on these folders? According to the folder properties, everyone using this computer has full control, and I would rather not mess with the root drive permissions. Would installing P3d on the root of C: (i.e. C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3) give FSC access to the appropriate folders?

delta1071

If it is the same error message (error 75), the write permissions are blocked on your computer.

The execution of the Save As function is not possible.

Volker

When it worked properly, FSC was my go-to flight planner. Now that it's not possible to save my plans, I guess it's time to start looking for a planner that can work with Win 10 without these permissions and folder location issues. Too bad...

delta1071

Hi Volker,

I mistakenly stated that I was having the save issues in WIN10. Actually, the issues are occurring in my WIN8.1 OS. FSC works fine in my WIN10 OS. Sorry for the confusion. Also, I didn't mean to imply that my save issues were caused by problems in FSC. I understand that my system configuration is preventing FSC from accessing the necessary folders. My apologies.

delta1071

Hi,

Since the FlightSim Commander works with all other WIN10 users, you should locate the problem in your personal settings.

Volker

I have same problem. Data Manager don't "remember" paths to flight simulator and config files. FSC inform about problem with save of flight plan because of "Simulator Prepar3D folder unknown"... Screen are below. FMC of PMDG 777 for P3D can't "see" flight plans created at FSC.

1. P3D v3
2. FSUIPC 4.948
3. FS Commander 9.6 Build 15-January-2015, Database Manager ver. 9.6 Rev. 2 Net (Build 05-October-2015)

4. Navigraph AIRAC 1512
5. Download from JustFlight.com
6. Windows 10

o9q969.jpg

ang6ol.jpg

2ylk2q.jpg

76aooq.jpg

Hi ???,

Your problem, I can not verify.

Perhaps the FSX or Prepar3D was not installed as an administrator or not running as administrator.

Also possible, the Prepar3D installation is faulty.

Volker

Hallo Volker,

ich habe leider exakt genau den selben Fehler auf meinem PC mit der neusten Version von FSC 9.6 wie der Kolege vor mir seit ich auf Windows 10 umgestiegen bin . Mein System ist ein Windows 10 Professional 64 bit mit P3D V3.1. Trotz des richtig eingestellten Pfades von P3D sagt mir der FSC, dass der P3D path unknown ist. Unter Windows 7 mit der gleichen Programversion lief alles wunderbar und ich konnte die PMDG-files (rte) ohne Probleme abspeichern. Habe auch FSC9 als Admin gestartet. hilft auch nicht. Was ist da bloss kauptt?

Grüße Nick