The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bazeo21

737NG decelerate

Hi Nikola. any plans for 737 decelerate products in the near future?

Kind regards

Mark

Hello Mark,

decelerate for 737 series in always an option. Which 737 product would you like to see the decelerate for?

Regards,

Excellent news! The PMDG 700/800 NGX's would get my vote, but I assume you use boeing data? 

On a slightly different topic, the only disappointment with your excellent toper products is a lack of fixed de-rate calculations, any plans to add these in the future to your 737/777 products. You could hold the market in is what otherwise a relatively untouched area of simming, so many people like to do things "real"! I love the genuine Boeing interface too, excellent realism!

I understand the price may have to go up but I'm sure that wouldn't hurt anyone and I sure it's hard work collecting the data and putting it into software but it would be a great addition. Your main rival in this area seems to have abandoned it's (excellent) take off calculation product now. So please think about that, I'd buy them all! 

Thanks for your response Nikola

Kind regards

Mark

Excellent news! The PMDG 700/800 NGX's would get my vote, but I assume you use boeing data? 

I actually use the flight simulator data for particular aircraft in order to get 'real' performance, meaning that if the stopping distance is calculated to be 1800m, for example, it will actually take that amount in flight simulator. Now, I don't own PMDG's NGX, but if you would like to participate in flight testing I could build a 'FS Decelerate' for this particular model, with your help of course.

On a slightly different topic, the only disappointment with your excellent toper products is a lack of fixed de-rate calculations, any plans to add these in the future to your 737/777 products...

As always any sort of feedback is more than welcome, but unfortunately I didn't understand what did you have in mind when you said 'lack of fixed de-rate calculations'. Did you mean only de-rates without any assumed temp.?

Kind regards,

Thanks Nikola, I'd be more than happy to help, I don't get too much free time but I'd do my best.

I actually use the flight simulator data for particular aircraft in order to get 'real' performance, meaning that if the stopping distance is calculated to be 1800m, for example, it will actually take that amount in flight simulator. Now, I don't own PMDG's NGX, but if you would like to participate in flight testing I could build a 'FS Decelerate' for this particular model, with your help of course.

As always any sort of feedback is more than welcome, but unfortunately I didn't understand what did you have in mind when you said 'lack of fixed de-rate calculations'. Did you mean only de-rates without any assumed temp.?

Kind regards,

Unless I'm missiing something, Toper doesn't provide fixed derate calculation at all, with or without assumed temperature. Many many airlines use them when they can and this would be a nice and important addition. I'd be happy to volunteer help here too if needed.

Kind regards

Mark

Thanks Nikola, I'd be more than happy to help, I don't get too much free time but I'd do my best.

Unless I'm missiing something, Toper doesn't provide fixed derate calculation at all, with or without assumed temperature. Many many airlines use them when they can and this would be a nice and important addition. I'd be happy to volunteer help here too if needed.

Kind regards

Mark

Dear Mark,

I am sorry for the confusion, you are quite right, TOPER NG does not have any DE-RATES implemented - 777 version does. I will try my best to add de-rates to NG version as well and issue an update.

To be honest I am also tight with free time, but I will try my best to add this feature in the near future. I will contact you regarding the FS PMDG NG deceleration testing. It does not take long and there is no time frame so when ever you have time, you can do it.

Regards,

No problems Nikola, more than happy to help. Very excited by the prospect of updates to TOPER, I will help spread the word when it's done!

(P.S you might want to update your Simmarket product page for 777 as it clearly states "Assumed Calculations" only, plus a review from someone stating no de-rates, this might put people in the know off this product.)

Kind regards

Mark