The simFlight Network Forums

AI traffic lights barely visible

I am currently using P3D v3. But the AI lights when departing or coming in for approach to the airport are barely even visible. I'm not sure what's wrong. But I remember the AI lights were very bright and you can easily see them in the sky. 

I hope this lighting issue gets fixed. I love the program, just needs some adjustments. 

Ahh so this is a P3D problem. Would be cool if you can somehow add A2A's shockwave 3D redux lights to all the AI aircrafts in MT6. I was able to do this when I use to fly back in FSX and the lighting looked spectacular. You can clearly see all the detailed lighting on the aircrafts, the red and green strobes blinking on the wings and other lights really stood out clearly. Here's hoping that LM can fix this so we can have nice lighting for the AI aircrafts in MT6.

I will look what can be done after the 6.0a release.

There are a few constraints, though:

The total number of draw calls should not exceed 1500 in a given scene.

AI traffic should never take more than half of them.

The shockwave lights have two drawcalls per light.

An aircraft has about 7 lights.

We want more than 50 aircraft in the reality bubble.

Burkhard please see what you can do to make this happen, it really brings the AI to life when the lights on the aircraft are visible. Especially when flying at night. I miss this from Ultimate Traffic 2+A2A Shockwave 3D lights mod back in FSX.

Would be a joy to get this working in P3D v3.x.

:)