The simFlight Network Forums

FS Live from AirNav Working?

scnrfrq

Has anyone got FS Live to work with MT 6 or 6.0a? I think Burkhard said revisions would be needed, but I just wondered if it's working for anyone now? I did try it awhile ago, and the command window just flashed. It didn't ask me about replacing files like before. So I'm not sure if it was working or not.

Has anyone got FS Live to work with MT 6 or 6.0a? I think Burkhard said revisions would be needed, but I just wondered if it's working for anyone now? I did try it awhile ago, and the command window just flashed. It didn't ask me about replacing files like before. So I'm not sure if it was working or not.

I contacted AirNav today and got these responses:

" We aren't compatible with the latest MyTraffic, we advise just to use Live Traffic on its own."

"Just so I'm clear, it will still schedule real-time traffic in FSX using MyTraffic planes? It's just running it by itself instead of thru the MyTraffic Communicator interface, right? And it will still create an anfs2 file for the traffic?

Tom"

"Yes, I would ask MyTraffic however to confirm compatibility as some of the processes overlap. "

So I'm still not sure what will work and what won't. Maybe I'll do some testing tomorrow.

It will mostely work, will show old liveries instead of new ones as example, and cannot show the new aircraft in 6.0/6.0a - mainly American A321 as example.

Guess I will stick to using the Summer 2015 Schedules for now. Hopefully this can be fixed in the near future, as I would sure like to use FS Live with all the new MT planes and paints.

• 4 weeks later...

Burkhard -

I'm anxious to learn of plans to update FS Live Traffic to work with MT 6.0a. Will this be done in the near future? As I'm still paying AirNav for it, I'd like to get a product that works with MT. I really did enjoy it when I used it with 5.4c.

I got a note from Airnav today, saying they are not currently working on getting Live Traffic to work with MT 6. If this is a dead issue, I think I'll cancel my subscription with Airnav until the 2 products are compatible in the future. Burkhard, do you agree?

• 4 weeks later...

No real progress yet. But I found no alternative too I must admit. Online data get more and more restricted and incomplete unfortunately.

Sorry to hear that. I did really like FS Live Traffic. So I cancelled my subscription to it today, and hope in the future someday it will be revised to work with MT 6.

• 1 month later...