The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
garryhucker

Cant Install FS Commander or use Database manager (solved by user)

Hi everyone, new to this forum

First of all the required info:

SSD 1: windows 7 64bit

SSD 2: P3D v3 (no fsx installation)

FSUIPC: 4.947 (I think)

FS Commander 9.6 rev2 build 5th Oct 2015 Download version (downloaded 24th dec)

Airac cycle i havnt updated yet

usually im quite good at working things out until now im having massive trouble.

since moving from fsx to p3d v3 I cant for the life oif me figure out how to install fsc9.6 and run the database manager.

There is no trace of fsx on my system as ive upgraded from a hdd to a ssd and didn't bother with fsx so I am strickly p3d v3.

so I ran the installer (as admin) entered my email and serial then as it searched for a simulator it says nothing was found on my system. (I thought this was p3d v3 compatible?)

anyway I carried on running the installer and installed fsc into its own folder on the ssd (not in the p3d folder, but next to it if that's makes sence).

Moving onto running the database manager, I chose the location of p3d and then it says on the right hand side in red Prepar33d director.  then I have to select the scenery library path, I select it, then nothing happens, it doesn't give me the option to continue.

I tried using that p3dcfg tool you guys have designed but not entirely sure how that works.

the documentation doesn't explain much as to how to get fsc commander running on p3dv3

I think I may be missing something simple but I just need some help so I can continue running this great program.

Kind Regards

Garry

Hi Garry,

Moving onto running the database manager, I chose the location of p3d and then it says on the right hand side in red Prepar33d director.  then I have to select the scenery library path, I select it, then nothing happens, it doesn't give me the option to continue.

Please publish a screenshot on your settings. (see attached example)

Volker

post-6634-0-19365600-1450991501.jpg

I am having a similar problem on a new pc running Windows 10.

I downloaded a new installer from Aerosoft, ran it without problems but when I try to update Database Manager I can only select

the Flight Simulator path - nothing happens when I try to select the Scenery Library

post-16039-0-85388000-1451383934_thumb.j

Hi ???,

1. please read here: http://forum.simflight.com/topic/60271-important-everyone-please-read/

2. Your problem is quite different.

The FlightSim Commander is only compatible with FS2004, FSX und Prepar3D.

3. Perhaps this link is helpful.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/78750-fsx-steam-edition-fsc-interesting-solution-for-freaks/

Volker

Thanks for quick response.

The download is labelled AS_FSC_FSX-FS9-P3D-FSXSTEAM,

I have tried Database Manager again today and this time I managed to open the folder FSX in  "Select Flight Simulator Path" - and VOILA, it is all working perfectly.

For interest this is a new PC running windows 10 with only FSXSTEAM installed