The simFlight Network Forums

Insert text in FS9 and read it from an application via FSUIPC: Possible?

Hi there,

i want to display a text in FS9 via FSUIPC that expects a reply (Insertion of text) by the Pilot in FS2004.

Is that possible?

An example of what i want to do is something similar to the AES Window: Offer possible Actions that can be activated by pressing a Special key.

Thanks in advance

Bodo van Laak

i want to display a text in FS9 via FSUIPC that expects a reply (Insertion of text) by the Pilot in FS2004.

Is that possible?

Are you writing a program to interface to FSUIPC? If so you'd need to display the text using offset 3380/32FA and use FSUIPC or Windows hotkeys to detect a reply.

With a Lua plug-in you'd simply use ipc.ask.

Pete

Hi Pete,

thank you. Hotkey was the keyword i needed.

I can also Display text.

What i did not find out yet is how to show the message in a window (similar to the AES-Window or the ATC window.

Perhaps you have another tip for me...

I connect to FS2004 für FSUIPC and C#,by writing into the fsuipc Offsets or reading from These.

Bodo

What i did not find out yet is how to show the message in a window (similar to the AES-Window or the ATC window.

Perhaps you have another tip for me...

Sorry, what is the difference between "displaying text" and a "window". Is your text not appearing in a window? I don't understand what you are now asking.

Please check offsets 3380 and 32FA in the Offsets list, as I pointed out earlier. AES and ATC use SimConnect, not FSUIPC. The Radar Contact menu is an example of one using FSUIPC.

Pete

When i send text to FS9 by writing into the mentioned offset, it appears in a green band on the top of the screen - like the ATIS text messages of FS9. It looks like this:

http://www.seadevelopment.altervista.org/clm1.jpg

What i want is to display the text in a window similar to the one in the following photo (photo not form FS9, but it shows what i mean)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3SYHaDbS00M/maxresdefault.jpg

Bodo

What i want is to display the text in a window similar to the one in the following photo (photo not form FS9, but it shows what i mean)

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3SYHaDbS00M/maxresdefault.jpg

There's no facility in FSUIPC for doing exactly that, transparency and so on. That is a SimConnect Menu, not just a display window. You need to use SimConnect for that. It isn't FSUIPC's job to replace SimConnect, but primarily to provide ongoing compatibility for applications through from previous versions of FS.

You can produce a sizeable, undockable, Window using the offsets I mentioned by providing multilined test -- i.e. any text with NewLine (ASCII 10 or 13) codes embedded. Even a single line with one at the end or start will do that. This is what Radar Contact does, for example. 

You can also get a text Windows similarly using Lua plug-in display facilities.

FSUIPC doesn't support the SimConnect menu system directly because you'd need to be able to process the SimConnect answers, the selections made.

Pete

Helle Pete,

SimConnect is not an Option, because i use FS2004 and SimConnect is not available for FS2004.

But i never tried the multilined Messages - These will be solution for the things i wanna do.

Thank you very much for your Kind and quick Support!

Bodo