The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 2011 KMIA East Flow

kickerpicker

When assigning departing traffic to taxi to runway(s) 08R and 08L at KMIA, the airplanes do not hold short of the runway when they arrive there.  They just take the runway without clearance and hold on the runway until cleared for takeoff.  I haven't tested Rwy. 09, so it could be OK, I don't know yet...  Also, the taxi instructions for taxi to the 8 parallels will be misunderstood by the pilot unless you say "zero" 8(R/L).

The west flow seems to operate the way it should.

Roy

Roy, I use MIA a lot but not from 08L/R I will try it & report back.

If there is a problem, I think you might have to go into the airfield editor & do something with the hold positions.

I have extensively modified Terminal D to add the extra bays that now exist. It does look funny having A/C  parked in the works area in the middle, but greatly increases the traffic flow. Also I amend the schedule regularly to reflect the latest schedules as far as possible.

Also I am using Win10 with the single player version with no problems. Of course in the single player version, the runways are 8L/8R instead of the correct ATC  call of 08 etc.

Kevin M

Brisbane Australia

Roy, I misread your post. I do use 8L/R all the time with no problems, although I am using single player.

This is not really easy to explain in writing but I will see how we go.

What you will need to do is to go into Airfield Editor (open as administrator) and load MIA into it. For Rwy 8R go down to M1 on the Roads & routes box and select edit. An edit box will open and the taxiway will be highlighted. Near the top is the hold point (a blue line) (knot). Click on this and in the edit window, the specs of the knot you clicked on will show. Down at the bottom is Knot properties, Alt should be 0, gate types "GATE Forward" and gate trg "26L,8R. If not then add these to the specs. The taxiway for 8L is L1.  the same applies except it shows  "GATE 2 ways" and the gate trg is "8L,26R. these designate the holding points for the runways. Save the changes etc. as normal. This should fix any problems. Let me know how you get on.

As a side issue it is a shame that there are not more tips, fixes and ideas published on the forum. Perhaps Feelthere should take a more active role in publishing these things as there are a lot of players out there who enjoy improving their experiences with the simulator and have a lot to offer in tips/ ideas experiences etc.

Graham & Roy, Thanks for that info I remember some queries a while ago but could not find them so I gave Roy somewhere to start looking. It gripes me a little that these things are not ironed out in the release of these programs as they are not difficult if you know where to look. It's just knowing where to look.

Now all that I have to work out is how  to find that reference again if needed.

kev

Kevin,

Thanks for the input, and I will try this.  Haven't been on in a few days.  Had some surgery and just getting back.  

Since we are into solving problems, I've looked everywhere in the manual for a problem about a B-747 cargo aircraft on an exceptional long landing on runway 10 at KATL..  He rolled all the way to the second entry from the end.  Upon giving him instructions to "taxi to terminal" (which would have taken him all the way from the south end of the airport to the Cargo ramps on the north side), he wanted more "practical" instructions to his ramp.  Nothing that I told him made any difference.  He wouldn't budge.  That's the second one that did that.  The other, I deleted, but it cost me 200 points.  Any answers or suggestions to this problem?

Roy

Hi Roy,

Hope you are feeling better after your surgery.

I remember encountering that problem too. I don't have 10 at KATL open any more for arrivals.

One thing to get around it would be to get on to them early enough and change them (enter final 6L or 9R?) to one of your other arriving runways.

Don't forget to issue a cleared to land instruction though or they will just keep on going.....

Also I think some users have changed the rollout length for the 747 in the plane editor but I don't go messing about in there (yet).

A fun airport KATL, looks great when you can get all the ground movements on their way in an orderly fashion.

Graham